• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
I only fuck with Guinness and Heineken. I don't get it with Bud they always make the cans look good but the product - errr YO no fucking dice.

always get the 440's or 475. you just get more. and that shit has to go in a glass.

my local pours a mean guinness. im on the cans tonight.

My man just came back from America, he said he had to teach all the bars how to pour Guinness right. The funny thing is it really does make a difference to the taste and flavour

The most important step in enjoying this brew is getting a proper pour. Guinness isn't like every other beer out there. You can't just pump it out of a keg like some of those watery pale-yellow lagers. Nope, Guinness requires a little more respect, a little finesse. And if you hope to get the best flavor, make sure to follow these steps.

According to the company, it should take about 119 seconds to pour a Guinness. That's almost two full minutes. And in beer time, that's an awfully long time to wait; but it's also why the company advertises that "good things come to those who wait," because waiting is just an inevitable part of the process.

The Guinness should be poured in a tulip-shaped pint glass. The glass is a very important component to getting a proper pour since it guides the nitrogen bubbles back up -- and this stout is all about its soft bubbles. When the beer goes through the keg, it has to pass a five-hole disk restrictor plate at high speed; this creates friction and brings out the nitrogen. It's those nitrogen bubbles that give Guinness its sweet, creamy head, which makes such a nice contrast to the malty, bitter fluid.

Like most beers, you want to hold the glass at a 45 degree angle while pouring. But unlike other beers, you'll want to do a double pour. This means that you stop pouring the stout when the glass is about three-quarters full, which allows the nitrogen to settle (and also gives you a chance to watch the tumultuous movement in the beer as the bubbles race to the top and create the white head).

Allow the beer to settle. Once the action inside the stout has quieted down and the head is formed, you can top off the glass by pouring a little more Guinness straight down into the glass. Fill the pint glass until the creamy, white head just peaks over the edge of the glass. Lastly, enjoy.

IrishNinja

after having a proper pint in dublin, guiness over here is a shit mockery at best. ill still drink the shit but it just depresses me a little bit...there's no waiting on the little thunderstorm or whatever is going on in the glass

edit of course my man 36 just covered alla that in detail haha

Esch

Banned
Swizz Beatz talks about MCHG. Says it's ahead of it's time and has solved the problem of people listening to something and then criticizing it and going back to classics instead... or something.

Yo I was just about to post this and I agree that I have no idea wtf this motherfucker is talking about. Is he trying to say Magna Carta is a classic? Is he trying to say its some new shit for Jay music wise? Shit is confusing. Is he saying this shit changed the game? Is he really high? I dont know man.

DominoKid

Yo I was just about to post this and I agree that I have no idea wtf this motherfucker is talking about. Is he trying to say Magna Carta is a classic? Is he trying to say its some new shit for Jay music wise? Shit is confusing. Is he saying this shit changed the game? Is he really high? I dont know man.

i really don't understand the hype for this album. it kills me when Hov puts on his intellectual hat because he doesn't have a profound bone in his body. like that Oceans preview Hov is talking about that seasick line like its some clever shit. you see Timbo in the back w/ the "naaaaaaah" face. but Pharrell hops in eager as shit to emphasize how clever that shit is (it isnt). get the fuck outta here. thats how you end up w/ some "half man, half mammal" bullshit.

cdyhybrid

Breh, we have 24 (double that size of those little cans), 32 oz cans, and bottles of 40 oz as well. It's just that the smaller ones are easier to hold and stay cold longer.

None of yall feeling that Ace Hood song? Beat is on par with Bugatti, tho the hook aint that dope.

I like it. Only hearing it on my mediocre PC speakers though.

Esch

Banned
i really don't understand the hype for this album. it kills me when Hov puts on his intellectual hat because he doesn't have a profound bone in his body. like that Oceans preview Hov is talking about that seasick line like its some clever shit. you see Timbo in the back w/ the "naaaaaaah" face. but Pharrell hops in eager as shit to emphasize how clever that shit is (it isnt). get the fuck outta here. thats how you end up w/ some "half man, half mammal" bullshit.

I'm not really interested in Oceans but Holy Grail could be straight. I kinda wish Hov would just stick to rapping about some fly jiggy shit myself, maybe some family shit (i just wonder what a day in the knowles-carter household is like). W/e. I'm not really super hype for this album but i'm interested to see if Jay can put something at least good out. Plus it's funny to watch the anti-camel brigade squirm.

I see you tho, citing yes men problems with Jay and ignoring Kanye's
ufdup.png
foh

Timbaland's face LMAO

Then Pharrell with that goofy ass laugh. This is too much.

DominoKid

I'm not really interested in Oceans but Holy Grail could be straight. I kinda wish Hov would just stick to rapping about some fly jiggy shit myself, maybe some family shit (i just wonder what a day in the knowles-carter household is like). W/e. I'm not really super hype for this album but i'm interested to see if Jay can put something at least good out. Plus it's funny to watch the anti-camel brigade squirm.

ufdup.png
foh

given what we know about both artist's creative processes, the last thing i'd say Kanye has is a yes man problem.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

ufdup.png
foh
I know where you post ninja!

DominoKid

privately? i highly doubt they cosign everything he does. but at the end of the day his opinion is the only one that matters, but he definitely takes group feedback into consideration in the recording process.

Esch

Banned
privately? i highly doubt they cosign everything he does. but at the end of the day his opinion is the only one that matters, but he definitely takes group feedback into consideration in the recording process.

And I'm sure Jay does too. You can't have that many notable creative forces in one place and expect Jay to dominate them all like that, plus the vibe of the whole thing seems more like fucking around and having fun in the first place.

El-P actually does manage to keep up on most tracks on this Run the Jewels.
I srsly don't get the hate. They're rapping about the same shit, using the same complexity, at about the same pace. It's dueling guitars. Sure, El is the rhythm guitarist and Mike is throwing down leads, but hating on his performance doesnt make sense to me given the actual music.

I srsly don't get the hate. They're rapping about the same shit, using the same complexity, at about the same pace. It's dueling guitars. Sure, El is the rhythm guitarist and Mike is throwing down leads, but hating on his performance doesnt make sense to me given the actual music.
Are you just talking about in general? Cause I fuck with El rapping on here far much more than C4C. His rapping on that shit was just pure distracting. Terrible stuff. I mean his lyrics weren't bad, but his way of rapping kills the whole thing outside a few songs.

Esch

Banned
Are you just talking about in general? Cause I fuck with El rapping on here far much more than C4C. His rapping on that shit was just pure distracting. Terrible stuff. I mean his lyrics weren't bad, but his way of rapping kills the whole thing outside a few songs.

the latter but i like (some of ) his rapping on C4C so gtfo

i dont get it yall listen to the shittiest emcees on earth but El-P is what breaks the bank? word? I get that he has some corny dej jux white guy swag but cmon son.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

i dont get it yall listen to the shittiest emcees on earth but El-P is what breaks the bank? word? I get that he has some corny dej jux white guy swag but cmon son.
They're ruining the album for me before I even get to listen.

He just don't sound natural on the mic. It's like someone asking if you want some orange juice and they hand you Sunny D. Them other rappers may have shitty lyrics, but they are still natural orange juice. Or El-P just spits that tofu raps

Novid

Banned
the whole thing about the Hov album is that why try and remix "Spirit" because Love's daughter is a fan of Hov? that what makes ZERO sense to me.

Esch

Banned
Wait so oceans feat ocean exists?! It wasn't a joke? Esch, can you defend this?

I'm not defending that shit, it's corny. But whatever who cares, it's a fucking Jay Z song. You don't need to defend a guy with that many Lombardis. You get too bent out over silly shit. I think Hov releasing lyrics daily is dumb, he should just leak 2-3 songs from the album like a normal human being. but then again its making Nasir stans hot under the collar and that shit is funny so i'm split.

Dramos

Hey GAF-Hop, after reading the OT about Will.i.am, I went back and listened to a few songs from the original group of the Black Eyed Peas : Atban Klann. Some good old school production and hooks back then. They give me that Pharcyde and ATCQ feel.

Atban Klann - Let Me Get Down

Atban Klann - Open Your Mind

Cudder

man RTJ came OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE to me. I really enjoyed RAP Music, but that was my first and only introduction to El P and Killer Mike. This shit is bananas so far.

DominoKid

That Big Sean Beware song is so bad like that ninja went back 5 years with that terrible shit

That Beware song is sooooo fucking corny even by Big Sean standards and I like Sean.

it'll probably be a hit. i'm not sure what the purpose of having Jhene on the track if he's going to sing right over her.

I don't believe any artist selling out will be as huge as Black Eyed Peas ever

Flo-rida's trying.

Dramos

I'm going through his soundcloud radio. I've lost track with the crew since PEEP, they really know how to keep that crazy 90s vibe going on.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ya'll with your fancy beers. I'll take hard liquor over beer any day but when I'm forced to, I'll grab a vietnamese beer for a dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom