• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Blurred Lines mostly blows but it has heart which a lot of music doesn't. It's funky and accessible in an amazing way. I can picture anyone bumping it without embarrassment.

I'm still freaking out over the new Danny Brown from yesterday. This song has the bass that some of his other songs lack (especially Blueberry).

Esch

Banned
Oh shit steam sale starts soon?

I have to pay rent and save up for classes. Can't get tempted.

opPndtt.jpg

mooooose

its not new danny brown. its new bug.

Blueberry was Darq E Freaker, Jealousy was The Purist, Flight Confirmation was Alchemist, Street Lights was Paul White...

they all might as well be Danny Brown songs.

Sorry.

Unless it's released in the context of an album, as a single, I'll always think of it as the vocalist's song.

thabiz

Blueberry was Darq E Freaker, Jealousy was The Purist, Flight Confirmation was Alchemist, Street Lights was Paul White...

they all might as well be Danny Brown songs.

Sorry.

Unless it's released in the context of an album, as a single, I'll always think of it as the vocalist's song.

its going to be on the new bug record.

the Bug also has an album in the works, which is due out this year. It'll feature guest spots from Danny Brown, Death Grips, Grouper, Gonjasufi, and more. The album will be called Angels and Devils.

and flight confirmation was on Russian Roulette. which also featured schoolboy q

thabiz

But outside the context of the album, as singles, they hype me more for the vocalists.

Also new RATKING today.

and jealousy was on the TR-ILL EP. im not sure where your going with this. its danny's song if its not on an album, but if its on an album its still danny's song?

thabiz

i thought it was a very good character study. like father like son. nice pacing. not at all what i was expecting based on the trailers. score by mike patton was great.

First act is great. Second less so. Third's worst than the 2nd.

I really expected to like it, but nahh. Maybe if it wasn't Dane DeHaan in the 3rd act. I dunno, he annoys me. Edit: His roles annoy me, I should say. Or the way he plays those roles. So maybe it's him. WHATEVER.

thabiz

it was handled maturely. havent seen blue valentine, so im checking that out soon.

film two tonight will be Black Death.

i have a really bad habit of buying movies and not watching them. kind of nice because i have my own blockbuster. own about 500 blurays and have watched maybe 300.

HiResDes

Katie Got Bandz is so fucking wack. Peterboy I see you. Also I finally listened to Indicud, and didn't think it was as bad as advertised. There's like five tracks I can really fuck with on here. Where the fuck is errybody???

Pharrell having the top 2 songs in the US and being the biggest star of this summer makes me feel so vindicated in my years of stanning.

The king is back.

Edit - I'm not even going to say the songs (Get Lucky and Blurred Lines) are perfect songs, but they are great songs and in the case of Get Lucky, really fucking awesome. Pharrell makes flawed music. He has a mediocre voice, he uses shitty midi sounds and samples, he's somewhat corny, but his arrangements and knack for making the best out of nothing is what makes him a GOAT. With a shit voice like his, he transcends a 70's/80's disco homage into the most ACCURATE emulation of a new Michael Jackson song. Yeah, the song is long and repetitive but it does the job of making you want to DANCE and be HAPPY.

Blurred Lines is just FUNKY. Shit you can dance to, vibe to, nod your head to, just anyone can enjoy. Yeah the fisher price sounds suck but the arrangement and the drums just go.

And on the other side, Twerk It has an insane beat with some mediocre sounding drums but that water drop sample, godDAMN. It just goes and Busta does it so much justice.

Also not to be underrated is Pharrell's beat on the new Mac Miller album. The beat itself is okay but the arrangement is so good that Odd Future's The Internet, and Mac Miller, made that song one of his best. I hope Mac uses live instrumentation live on his tour with the Internet being there, because it would benefit him.

Goddamn Pharrell.

. . . What . . .
And you call yourself a stan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom