• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitters

"for the record, the 300 reference is about the romans. CCC is 300 in Roman numerals and to keep it 300 means to keep it Calm Cool and Collect. Also, keeping it 100 is a common phrase meaning to “keep it real.” Kanye keeps it three times as real, aka 300. The passing reference to the movie is there, sure, but I think Kanye knows, if we do, that 300 was about spartans...it could be commentary on how it doesnt matter, or it could be he was just bringing it up in our minds without caring if it was a 100% accurate reference. either way, think this is relevant to this dismissive article."

Saw this on ktt.

cdyhybrid

"for the record, the 300 reference is about the romans. CCC is 300 in Roman numerals and to keep it 300 means to keep it Calm Cool and Collect. Also, keeping it 100 is a common phrase meaning to “keep it real.” Kanye keeps it three times as real, aka 300. The passing reference to the movie is there, sure, but I think Kanye knows, if we do, that 300 was about spartans...it could be commentary on how it doesnt matter, or it could be he was just bringing it up in our minds without caring if it was a 100% accurate reference. either way, think this is relevant to this dismissive article."

Saw this on ktt.

I don't particularly care about the historical accuracy of the line either way, but I'm 99% sure that's just some random dude on KTT making connections where there aren't any.

So if y'all didn't hear, will.i.am is suing Pharrell for his "i am OTHER" imprint that's been around for years now, because apparently he thinks he owns the words "i am."

Pharrell just put out his official response.

"I am disappointed that Will, a fellow artist, would file a case against me," Pharrell says in a statement to RS. "I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will's trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do."

lol

Mac Miller is pretty dope live btw. Started off a few songs without a live band then they came on and performed the rest with him. Live version of that song Watching Movies is a lot darker. Really ill shit

Lmao at Pharrell fucking with Will I am

overcast

What did you guys think of that Deltron single that came out last week?

I thought it was pretty okay. Good production, but Del sounds kinda weird. Like his flow is off.

RUN THE JEWELS
untitleduisrf.gif

ebony n ivory never sounded so dope brehs

iavi

I'm not really feeling Dessa's Parts of Speech. There's some fantastic writing on here--especially chilling shit with The Lamb, but much of it's not very fun to actually listen to. Her lyricism isn't melded as well as it was in the last proper ep.

Really disappointing.

Live version of that song Watching Movies is a lot darker. Really ill shit

Can't lie. I'm tempted to buy a ticket to see dude just to hear this live take on this track. Probably slays the crowd.

E: $53 dollars for the SF show. No thanks. Didn't think Mac was already charging like that.

Can't lie. I'm tempted to buy a ticket to see dude just to hear this live take on this track. Probably slays the crowd.

E: $53 dollars for the SF show. No thanks. Didn't think Mac was already charging like that.

Damn lol. Wasn't that expensive for me. Yeah it was the shit though. Also, I'm glad Future made a version of Chosen One without Rocko. Love that song

lol well pusha t/fabolous was 100+ bucks for a ticket here. obviously i didn't go. though i wouldn't pay 20 for that.

seeing killer mike and el-p live next month though, i hope he brings the same energy to his show as he does on these albums.

lol well pusha t/fabolous was 100+ bucks for a ticket here. obviously i didn't go. though i wouldn't pay 20 for that.

:/ that's ridiculous. Not even the Wiz/ASAP tour costs that much here lol.

Both Killer Mike and El-P were pretty hyped when I saw them. Hopefully they have a live band, because C4C sounded like 10000x better with the live band El-P had. Shit was ridiculous honestly

IrishNinja

nas stay winning like steam sales

moose stays confusing but that's my dude

also it's nice to see the pharell hate-train have to come back down to reasonable levels, no non-swizzy producer deserves that level of disrespect

If anyone should be able to patent I am, it should be Rene Descartes.

i fucks with this post heavily

IrishNinja

yo on the real all these crab ninjas know the deal

ArtOfficial sound like some kids that go to my comic book store and only buy graphic novels nahmean

IrishNinja

soundin like that dude eddie you got stuck doin inventory with who just wants to talk bout that cashier he spends all day tryin to mack but aint nothin happening cause you know, he's bout that celibate life unless you know somebody who sells X on the cheap

IrishNinja

soundin like that dude where you go look at his collection and he's got complete discographies of everything down to podcasts by dudes like Deltron (in order of chronology, then producer) under a folder called HIP HOP and basically just Chamillionaire and Please Hammer Don't Hurt em under RAP

IrishNinja

soundin like that time you met up with tokubetsu at the club and he was sayin how he's high on life plus have you hurrd this control system shit yet, cause it's that real shit that sounds like the emptiness that is the human experience when one subjective consciousness encounters another and also lemme hold yo cell cause i drained my shit playin words with friends while i was waiting to have this conversation you know

KingKong

Saw this on ktt.

hes keeping it 300 because its a reference to Chief Keef/black disciples gang out of Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom