• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

After listening to the first few tracks, not digging it. Not sure if this is a right/fair comparison but take Drake, subtract the rapping, and you get this guy. Even after listening to the second, darker track, it falls short to The Weeknd's input. Don't like the vocals either, not sure if it's the auto-tune or not.

Edit: Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with The Weeknd still, but it sucks if this guy got co-signed because of some hate.

DominoKid

i really just fuck w/ the beats. after the first 3 tracks i stopped paying attention to the writing because it's nothing special. it doesn't ruin it though.

BODZoccCEAA8fLD.jpg

i bet that was awkward when they ran into each other...

CRS

Weeknd comparisons are weak btw, so full stop on that. It's more like Drake likes Future so much he found an r&b artist that is sorta like him

Weak in what way? Even without the OVO co-sign, it's fair game to compare him to The Weeknd especially with the couple darker, slower songs on there. Being OVO just adds a metric fuck ton of fuel to the comparison.

I do agree that he reminded me of a mix between Drake and Future but that's mostly because of the auto-tune and the moaning/wailing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
All the money in the world and you'll still never be able to buy taste.

It's like the first day of school and you run into a bunch of other kids that bought the same graphic tee that you did in your homeroom.

Weak in what way? Even without the OVO co-sign, it's fair game to compare him to The Weeknd especially with the couple darker, slower songs on there. Being OVO just adds a metric fuck ton of fuel to the comparison.

I do agree that he reminded me of a mix between Drake and Future but that's mostly because of the auto-tune and the moaning/wailing.
I feel like they are entirely different even counting the darker slow songs. Maybe I am nikpicking, but even the content of those songs shouldn't warrant a comparison. He comes across a lot more traditional. Either way, he ain't good

iavi

Tracks like trying to make a mil he sounds way much closer to Future than he does to Weeknd. Only reason you compare is cause they both work with Drake.

No, I compare him to the Weeknd because tracks like Wild Bitches and the opener are definitely aiming at that line. But you're right in saying that's not the only style he's aping; make a mil sounds like Future, TBH sounds like a spot-on Drake, etc. I don't know if that's honest versatility, or being a good chameleon.

Honest feeling atm is that this is wack.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The point is they have much more available to them than the average person so there shouldn't be 3 people wearing the exact shirt to an award

Lmfao that Ace hood video is great. The commentary with it is even better

In some ways they are more limited to designer stuff only

Do rappers get free clothes for mentioning brands in their songs? Honest question. I always was curious how much brands are mentioned in songs. I mean Diddy referencing a Ciroc or Dre mentioning Beats makes sense cause it their product but do rappers not get anything from mentioning that stuff?

Tokubetsu

Do rappers get free clothes for mentioning brands in their songs? Honest question. I always was curious how much brands are mentioned in songs. I mean Diddy referencing a Ciroc or Dre mentioning Beats makes sense cause it their product but do rappers not get anything from mentioning that stuff?

I don't know about stuff like gucci unless you're crossover big and get like custom suits and shit. I do know quite a few artists will get stuff like sneakers and typical gear for free though. T-shirts, kicks etc.

Detox

Man, Badu got to Kendrick during Govs Ball and now performing on stage? It's over. The west had a good run.

badu-kendrick.jpg

Ass came with a hump from the jump she was a camel
I want to ride like Arabians

iavi

Kendrick looking like a lamb to slaughter in that pic. That giddy kind of smile where the girl's leading you back and you know that she's about to fuck you, and not the other way around.

Blackace

Most the high-end stuff don't want to be associated with ghetto youth

Ask Jay-Z about champagne

Yeah I meant stuff like Gucci. Seems crazy imo if rappers aren't recieving anything. I mean they advertise the fuck out of it basically
Blackace is right, most don't like the association. Kanye got shat on when he tried to enter that world. Ironically they give Paris Hilton free shit.

Dereck

Can someone provide a list of music artists who've fucked with Badu and then fell off the map or whose musical output has declined in quality since then?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can someone provide a list of music artists who've fucked with Badu and then fell off the map or whose musical output has declined in quality since then?

The DOC
Common (the only survivor)
Andre 3000 (she put him on the slow burn to oblivion)
Jay Electronica

That's off the top of the dome

Blackace

The DOC
Common (the only survivor)
Andre 3000 (she put him on the slow burn to oblivion)
Jay Electronica

That's off the top of the dome

fuck that.. DOC created the 90s West coast sound.

He had an accident not her fault

Detox

fuck that.. DOC created the 90s West coast sound.

He had an accident not her fault
Nah, she gave birth to his daughter in July 2004 just after DOC finished ghostwriting on The Documentary since then we haven't heard a peep from the gangster camp at Aftermath.

In comparison E40 got off lightly he got that weird flow but Badu wasn't levelled up yet in high school.

thabiz

Have you ever had a Four Loko Thabiz?

i actually have tried that. watermelon or some shit. there's too much sugar in that shit. its disgusting.

i saw a ad for some mountain dew breakfast drink. wtf? why dont you just hold the child down and pour sugar directly down their throats.

i barely touch sugar. shits fuckin evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom