• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Magna Carter Holy Grail cover:

jay-z-magna-carta-holy-grail.jpg

Don't like it.

It's been at pretty much every house party I been too lately. Some flavors are just the absolute worst. Reminds of those budlight margarita/mojito shit

thabiz

It's been at pretty much every house party I been too lately. Some flavors are just the absolute worst. Reminds of those budlight margarita/mojito shit

but why? is it because its cheap? i cant imagine it being any cheaper than a regular tall boy. there's far healthier ways to get fucked up. drink a bottle of wine before you go out.

Detox

I could whip that cover up on Word 1997. Don't tell me he commissioned an artist for that, I can only imagine the bullshit concept and superfluous words the designer came up with and Jay ate it up.

Esch

Banned
shits like having 4 cups of coffee at once. all that energy drink shit should be 19+. no child should be drinking any of that stuff.
For some reason I have no caffeine sensitivity so shit doesnt really register with me. Its funny to watch my brother drink one and start twitching like he's on crank tho

Edit: 4loko without the caffeine is pointless. The liquid cocaine factor was the whole point.

Yeah, caffeine doesn't affect me either. Not sure why, but I can drink two energy drinks and fall straight to sleep. Same with coffee.

Thabiz I am not sure why lol. Guess it's just a comfortable choice to make, but it's why I normally always bring ny own drink or something

Is DOC eating? I'd imagine he could have a lot of writing credits but maybe Dre fucked him over. Dude can barely talk, why was Badu fucking with him lmao

Detox

Nine months at a time Badu is creating the greatest hiphop and soul group of all time.

One of her daughters is going to be the female MC that can hang with the greats.

kamspy

5 Hour Energy its the only (legal) energy product that I fuck with. Clean on the way up and clean on the way down.

Other than frappes. I spend guap on frappes.

CRS

yeah there was some purpose to those drinks before they changed them. i used to drink a fair amount of sparks ...
Lol Sparks. I remember when they were just coming out that I could take them to school and no one (faculty) ever knew what they had. Those were the days.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I drink monster on occasion. I'm aware it's definitely unhealthy but I love the boost of energy provided and the taste isn't too bad either.

iavi

That's weird. Caffeine can relieve headaches. Unfortunately it also dehydrates you which could be a cause. Or you brain doesn't like raised heart rate.

I don't have any problem with caffeine. I drink a cup or two--prob two of coffee every morning. I've always thought it to be one of the other additives in those drinks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mini-reviews:

Statik's Extended Play - None of these songs are offensive or I dislike them per ce, but I have zero motivation to go back and listen to the album outside of Bird's Eye View.

Run The Jewels - I like most of the songs on here, outside maybe 1, but I don't know fam. I like the production, like the majority of the raps, but I'm just indifferent on the album. I don't think I'm tryna hear this sound right now. I think I'll give this another listen in a month cause it's not demanding to be in rotation for me right now.

New Shad - Dope. Much better than his last EP. A lot of funky 80s sounding stuff, I mess with it.

I like Run The Jewels but feel like it's not nearly as good as Mike's last album, and it also seems to have fewer standout tracks than C4C. Lyrically it suffers from the double team style, which leads to a lot of bravado rap that....isn't particularly bravado. And I really don't like that Prince Paul cameo, but I think I'm in the minority on that...

It's good but seems to bleed together more than some of El's previous stuff. Sometimes I listen to it and think wow, this is fucking amazing. Other times I listen and it's almost background music to me.

Kad5

For a free album Run The Jewels is pretty amazing.

I personally liked the album in its own right. I dunno if I like it more than R.A.P. music but I think I do.

I enjoyed the lyricism and the electronic bass-heavy beats. I keep playing it over and over and it isn't getting old. I've also been picking up on new sounds every so often which is neat.

Hopefully i'll see them live in August.

Kad5

what kind of bullshit statement is this?

What's wrong with what I said? I'm saying the album is great quality and that it being free is the icing on the cake.

They could have released it for a price but they didn't so I give them props. There are albums that aren't even close to as good as this that weren't released free.

I like Run The Jewels but feel like it's not nearly as good as Mike's last album, and it also seems to have fewer standout tracks than C4C. Lyrically it suffers from the double team style, which leads to a lot of bravado rap that....isn't particularly bravado. And I really don't like that Prince Paul cameo, but I think I'm in the minority on that...

It's good but seems to bleed together more than some of El's previous stuff. Sometimes I listen to it and think wow, this is fucking amazing. Other times I listen and it's almost background music to me.
Nah. I don't like that Prince Paul feature either. Don't like it as much as RAP music either but it's goooooood

kamspy

I can't fuck with any of the energy drinks. Instant headaches.

That's exactly how I feel about every energy drink that isn't a 5 Hour Energy. Those things are the truth. Straight liquid sleep replacement.

EDIT:

All the songs on RTJ run together for me still. Not touching RAP Music or C4C. Almost like El-P and Killer Mike do a Slaughterhouse album.

codhand

the pitchfork review of rtj is pretty good, the album was meant to unwind them from the 2012 projects, and when enjoyed on those terms, it works perfect.

it's not better than RAP music or c4c, but isnt meant to compete with them

watching prodigy on breakfast club, not gonna link cause it's boring as fahq, but is dude a professional snitch now or what? he brought the world's thinnest hardcover book with him,

kamspy

Some girls manage to get back stage at a TDE concert. Ab Soul and Q are eating, Jay Rock is listening to music (Beats By Dre headphones), and Kendrick is watching Martin on the flat screen television. The girls naturally gravitate toward Kendrick, who is sitting on a couch; both girls decide to sit on either side of him. They have never seen or heard of Martin before yet pretend to be entertained. Kendrick realizes this and is disgusted, so he tries to leave the situation but the two girls follow.

So Kendrick is basically the hipster rap fan dude in those KTT comics? I can see that.

DominoKid

joey badass still as boring and derivative as ever.

i don't even know how/why stuck in the 90s cats like him.

i mean yall were actually around for the real thing.

like that amethyst rockstars for example? that shit sounds like parody to me. a lot of this shit does.

badass is for young folks that romanticize the past. like joey.

badass is the rap youre "supposed" to like.

i rather listen to the instrumentals.

PBY

Banned

like that amethyst rockstars for example? that shit sounds like parody to me. a lot of this shit does.

I agree with a lot of this.

Kad5

Joey is basically for the pretentious backpackers who "only listen to east coast and underground shit". Basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom