• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Appreciate the swift replies guys. Thank you.
You ready for that Starlito? Hopefully the tracks he did with Kevin Gates pop up on it
Yeah I'm ready. We sure Kevin Gates is on it? I know he's on Kevin Gates' new album that drops later (You can pre-order it on itunes too).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
To be fair Id rather listen to Joey do his thing then listen to that fucking audio car crash that was Yeezus. Shock value music without an ounce of longevity.

Yeezus is that album that people in a couple of years will pretend they never liked. It's Kanye trolling his fans and eventually they'll see that.

Appreciate the swift replies guys. Thank you.

Yeah I'm ready. We sure Kevin Gates is on it? I know he's on Kevin Gates' new album that drops later (You can pre-order it on itunes too).

Nah, he said in his most recent ep that he recorded several tracks with Kevin Gates. I honestly didn't know Kevin Gates upcoming release had a tracklist already. Tracklist isn't up on Livemixtapes. Surprised it's just 14 tracks, looking forward to it

HiiiLife

Yeezus is that album that people in a couple of years will pretend they never liked. It's Kanye trolling his fans and eventually they'll see that.

Agreed. I couldn't make it through the album. Dead ass felt like Kanye trolled me when people were listening to the leaks and I thought Kanye would release the actual "Yeezus" on the 18th. Boy was I wrong.

zychi

Banned

So the opposite of 808s? People love it now, and hated it back then.

I personally think Yeezus is a typical Kanye album, GREAT middle, but the beginning and end are meh

e: did jigga leak yet? surprised it hasn't

WanderingWind

So the opposite of 808s? People love it now, and hated it back then.

I personally think Yeezus is a typical Kanye album, GREAT middle, but the beginning and end are meh

e: did jigga leak yet? surprised it hasn't

Pretty much, yeah. 808s caught the tailend of the autotune backlash. Still not my cup of tea, but I can respect Street Lights and the title track. Yeezus is just sonic garbage, tossed together by a man who has fully bought his own hype and had a legion of fans who would call literally anything he put out as genius masterworks. If anybody else had put out that disc, nobody would even remember it right now.

thabiz

Pretty much, yeah. 808s caught the tailend of the autotune backlash. Still not my cup of tea, but I can respect Street Lights and the title track. Yeezus is just sonic garbage, tossed together by a man who has fully bought his own hype and had a legion of fans who would call literally anything he put out as genius masterworks. If anybody else had put out that disc, nobody would even remember it right now.

wind with the truth. this goes for the latest daft punk too.

Novid

Banned
wind with the truth. this goes for the latest daft punk too.

and ironically they both worked on their respective albums together, where as daft spent 250 hours, they gave ye 5. and yet ye's best song is bound 2 in the whole album. what that the fuck tell me.

he a bitter otaku who already got the big behind wifey/waifu and a kid from conception II. why he fucking angry brahs?

Kikarian

Listening to that new Joey Bada$$ mixtape. Really digging it so far. Loved 1999 too. Yeah, the production is a pretty big part of it (especially Lee Bannon's beats are great), but the kid got a nice flow and he's only 18. I can see him grow into something much bigger and that's a good thing for hiphop.

mBBIo1Q.png

No Capital STEEZ verse though... RIP Capital STEEZ :'(...
Going to give it a listen now...

PBY

Banned
and ironically they both worked on their respective albums together, where as daft spent 250 hours, they gave ye 5. and yet ye's best song is bound 2 in the whole album. what that the fuck tell me.

he a bitter otaku who already got the big behind wifey/waifu and a kid from conception II. why he fucking angry brahs?

That tells me all I need to know.

Esch

Banned
Yeezus is just a good fun music project. I like the aggression, the production goes, it doesnt overstay its welcome, and I like most of the songs. Not really comprehending the anger towards it. I guess if youre not into that bombastic shit its not for you.

thabiz

i have zero idea what you are talking about.

DominoKid

Same except I only fully listened to Pinochio's Story twice.

that's two more times than what i did.

Also- KTT believes they've discovered clues indicating that GOOD Fridays are back starting this week

To much to sort out, heres the thread.

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=486404.0

they need to do something because Pusha & Sean have no hype right now.

also i think that video was some illuminati programming.

DominoKid

Brooklyn, New York emcee Joey Bada$$ has publicly spoken of his opting to pass on an offer to sign to Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint. The Pro Era leader and Cinematic Entertainment artist recently elaborated on the type of offer he is seeking to join a major-backed label.

The Village Voice recently asked Joey about the terms he is seeking, "Three million [dollars]. Off the top," said the emcee who is putting the finishing touches on his Summer Knights mixtape. Asked if he was truly serious and inclined to sign anywhere that could match such an offer, he said, "Hell yeah. [It would] get my Mom out the hood."

Currently, Cinematic Entertainment has a distribution deal with Sony Red, a division of Sony Records, which is a major label. However, fellow artists on the indie are backed by other labels, such as Big K.R.I.T., who is signed to Def Jam Records, and Smoke Dza, who released his 2012 Rugby Thompson album with Harry Fraud on Nature Sound Records.

Badass wants that ASAP Worldwide investment lmao.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Brooklyn, New York emcee Joey Bada$$ has publicly spoken of his opting to pass on an offer to sign to Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint. The Pro Era leader and Cinematic Entertainment artist recently elaborated on the type of offer he is seeking to join a major-backed label.

The Village Voice recently asked Joey about the terms he is seeking, "Three million [dollars]. Off the top," said the emcee who is putting the finishing touches on his Summer Knights mixtape. Asked if he was truly serious and inclined to sign anywhere that could match such an offer, he said, "Hell yeah. [It would] get my Mom out the hood."

Currently, Cinematic Entertainment has a distribution deal with Sony Red, a division of Sony Records, which is a major label. However, fellow artists on the indie are backed by other labels, such as Big K.R.I.T., who is signed to Def Jam Records, and Smoke Dza, who released his 2012 Rugby Thompson album with Harry Fraud on Nature Sound Records.
Badass wants that ASAP Worldwide investment lmao.

can't even hate

CRS

There's no label stupid enough to give him that money now is there? There was maybe a small chance after 1999 first came out but now, I don't see that happening at all.

WanderingWind

Nobody is paying 3 million for a mixtape artist. Hell, nobody is paying 3 million for any artist when somebody with the hype and backing of Kendrick goes platinum in half a year's time. Joey Badass got that Nas disease and that shit is terminal. Dumb smart motherfucker will be wishing he signed that contract when he's doing shows in Idaho next year with 40 people and his pay is 20 percent off well drinks.

I haven't listened to Summer Knights but I feel like he has devlolved since 1999; I'm hoping that changes on this new project. I love 90s shit, personally. A dark and dusty piano loop over dirty drums will always get my head nodding. I listen to so many different types of hip hop that I have room for a stuck in the 90s sound/genre, it's fine.

I don't see it as a gimmick either. That's the shit he likes, and he has dope young producers who feel the same way. I don't want to hear him over a trap beat. However I'd like to see him modernize the sample based thing and expand his sound. Wouldn't mind hearing him over 40/T Minus type stuff.

Another thing: Joey hasn't really built his base. He should be trying to replicate OF in terms of surrounding himself with talented local kids who do everything: music, videos, art, etc. then make NY your turf before branching out, like OF did with Cali. Right now his message seems to be "if you liked 90s shit you'll like me." Fuck that, build your own base...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom