• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boldy James ft Action Bronson - Traction (Prod. by Alchemist)
wowpn.png

Sorry for leaving the plug randomly.

Computer crashed and giving me that delicious blue screen of death so imma call it a night.

Big ghost on the Travis Scott cypher

Travis $cott – Nigga this shit was depressing. Son is wack on so many levels as a rapper it aint een a little bit funny b. Son might be one of the worst rap niggas to ever walk the face of the earth ever yo. This muthafucka rap like 20 niggas that was close to him jus died in a bus crash or some shit. Is dude battlin depression? Son is like a human funeral. Nigga so unbelievably trash its like he got cigarette butts n empty ketchup packets flowin thu his veins. Nigga even told Preemo that the “beat sucks” like that was the problem here… Like the problem wasnt that you all types of wack but its the beat that sucks. Aint een like Premier made that shit anyways…its jus one of the most famous breaks in the history of music (Funky President by James Brown if you wonderin) n its been sampled damn near ten thousand times n niggas been rapped over that shit for decades wit no problems whatsoever yo. Stop makin excuses b! Get Travis all the way the fuck outta here tho… Son needs to stick to makin beats n jus stay all the fuck away from cameras n mic booths. I give this shit a 0…n thats bein generous yo.

Bruhh

IrishNinja

shit like a million and one, dead presidents...i stay fuckin with esh for sticking with his team (like the Wu didn't fall off, haha) but you put in work like jay did, you're due a few decades of phoning shit in. i mean, i dont say shit bout Snoop being Snoop cause doggystyle & a few others, so i gotta stop hoping for another black album & just be glad i got that one. dude's top 10 dead or alive, my nas stannery aside

Timbo however shouldve played that indian flute or whatever he needed to to stay out of the mess he just got in...looks like more pop records in his future soon

I don't even want to know. But these new jacks are making me hate liking Em's shit

my dude i know what its like when new fanbases make you hate your own shit by association sometimes, believe
i love classic nintendo type shit on gaming side, can't fuck with half these "WII WAS THE BEST SELLER" newjack camp...for real? fuck was you when we was thirsty on these gamecubes? oh now you buyin that era's remakes and don't wanna talk bout sales no more, i see you

IrishNinja

eh, it was a great year for 3DS. WU was like the typical year one slump (nothing for me goin till like 9 months in with Wonderful 101, etc) except usually that's me talking shit & there's actual games being released, i just don't wanna play em. not so much here..holiday looks good tho. when you buy in expecting a gamecube every time (solid first party, baker's dozen 3rd party titles you like) it's all gravy. its like this day 1 PS4 i'm considering: i know damn well i'll be playing PS3 games instead of it until like midsummer, but i never learn.

WW gets here tomorrow, bought that LE on ebay when it was cheaper from one of them dudes wants to charge you for expedited shipping, then get it to you like a week later n shit. there goes that 100% positive feedback record you had, dude.

i need to quit drunkenly clicking that plug like yall still there tho

IrishNinja

haha...did that catch up with him finally? i wondered why we had that era of indian beats, then nothing. it was like the post knight rider beat era timbo in my head

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
10 years, I can't believe this shit.

Outkast-speakerboxx-lovebelow.jpg

Album sounds like it could have come out today, what does GAF-HOP think?

39 tracks 6 good songs.. Love Below still sucks as much as it did 10 years ago..

10 years isn't super long in music age anyways..

IrishNinja

great album then, great album now...really feenin for new outkast since big boi decided to break away from that style on his last joint

Blackace

God damn, fuck my opinion then.

Nah but seriously, you didn't like it?

There have only been a few more albums that have crushed me like this one did..

Dogg Father

Ice Cube Peace side

Relapse

Crunk Rock..

Speakerboxxx was ok.. but man..

Weren't those cyphers filmed like weeks ago? Why the hell did Q have to start freestyling if it wasn't live?Lol

I feel like he's trying to save face by calling it a freestyle. Seems like he blanked on his original verse and then just resorted to some old verse he had "in the pocket" so to speak and decided to stick with that.

But yeah the cyphers are recorded before the show and they always record multiple takes so they have plenty of material for camera editing and so they have multiple tracks of audio to choose from. I think it was last year or the year before where Skillz had a little rant about dudes that were getting all this hype in their careers but couldn't remember their 16's for the cypher. Thought it was unprofessional or something.

JohnDoe

Banned
Speakerboxxx was aight but nothing compared to their previous shit IMO. Love Below had some good moments. Roses and Hey Ya! obviously were good and I liked Happy Valentine's Day and Love In War too. The rest was not as impressive.

codhand

speakerboxxx was a contractual obligation album by talented people, and looking at that cover, im reminded how far gone andre was at that point.

Love Below was a great album that paved the way for a lot of shit. It came out years before 808s And Heartburn.

Speakerboxxx was dope. It wasn't nearly as poppy as some people remember it now; that shit had some tough records. And lots of dope funk shit.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Love Below was a great album that paved the way for a lot of shit. It came out years before 808s And Heartburn.

Speakerboxxx was dope. It wasn't nearly as poppy as some people remember it now; that shit had some tough records. And lots of dope funk shit.

so am I alone in thinking that love below inspiring 808's isn't really something to brag about as being a positive thing

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
People loved, The Love Below... Goddamn. That's something you have to live with. How you do it? I don't know.

10 years, I can't believe this shit.

Outkast-speakerboxx-lovebelow.jpg

Album sounds like it could have come out today, what does GAF-HOP think?

As a huge Outkast fan I don't think I've ever listened through this from start to finish and sometimes even Stankonia gives me headaches. Sorry.

ATliens and Aquemini are my all time favs...

effzee

I swear it's like people don't pay any attention to rap until Eminem drops a new record. Some of the responses in that thread are like "Have you listened to rap in...well, fucking ever? Like, ever ever?"

I feel its the same for any big mainstream release. For a Kanye thread, Jay Z thread, a Nas thread (do those exist?), and now for Kendrick threads. They obviously attract fans who don't actively listen to rap.

But I assume you are referring to the use of the fag word and the article someone over at yahoo wrote about it. Lets be honest one of the reasons it is brought up with Em is because he still uses it but also because its a lot easier to write about it and criticize him for using it then it is for majority of the other rappers.

ScHoolboy Q on Sway

He forgot his freeverse on the BET cypher after 4 bars and then just started freestyling lmao. Makes sense why there was a sudden switch up of what it was

This is such a cop out joke of an excuse. They are all pre recorded and the video we see is just the performance they put together for the show itself.

Unless TDE recorded live for some reason.

It must suck to be a Nintendo fan in 2013. Least you got that Wind Waker tho.

It only sucks if you bought the WiiU thinking it would be some graphics monster with all the 3rd party games you wanted to play. Even the 3rd party games which made it over have the lowest install bass across the platforms because well if you play COD which network would you want to play on?

But if you bought it mainly for Nintendo's first party offerings, then why would it suck?

codhand

This is such a cop out joke of an excuse. They are all pre recorded and the video we see is just the performance they put together for the show itself.

Unless TDE recorded live for some reason.

word, they coulda just done one a these sprite wipes
spritex8s5s.gif

and made a stealth edit

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
so am I alone in thinking that love below inspiring 808's isn't really something to brag about as being a positive thing

Naw you aren't alone. Love Below as fucking awful. One of the most disappointing albums I've ever heard, just an epic mudbutt shit all over the place. If it did indeed inspire the equally fuckass album that was 808's, thats just another strike against it.

Dereck

Naw you aren't alone. Love Below as fucking awful. One of the most disappointing albums I've ever heard, just an epic mudbutt shit all over the place. If it did indeed inspire the equally fuckass album that was 808's, thats just another strike against it.
It's like when I read any opinion of yours that I disagree with, it doesn't matter because of how good you are at illustrating it.

Blackace

coldvein

Banned
going to see dessa tonight

i explained to my girl that it was a fantasy of mine for her and dessa to lick eachothers vaginas while i jerked off over the pile and she said that was fine, and would do her best to make it happen

here's hoping

Esch

Banned
Speakerboxxx/TLB was the first rap album I bought and its ridiculously low Esch scale rating is probably why I didn't care to listen to any more rap for about 6 months or so. Its also probably why I dont care for Outkast now.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's like when I read any opinion of yours that I disagree with, it doesn't matter because of how good you are at illustrating it.

haha well thats part of why I do it, I don't mean to shit on anyone's opinion (well except for a few shitlicking posters) but I'm not gonna hold back. If I'm outlandish about it it's at least entertaining as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom