• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
ab-soul ✔ @abdashsoul
If y'all keep printing "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy" I will remove myself from the group. Thanks.

trouble in paradise?
iZzzXxScUxKWY.png

lol, didn't he get all of them together?

Cheddahz

Banned
Speaking of TDE, Danny Brown said in a recent interview that there is no way in hell a Black Hippy album would work out or something

ab-soul ✔ @abdashsoul
If y'all keep printing "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy" I will remove myself from the group. Thanks.

trouble in paradise?
iZzzXxScUxKWY.png
With the way Solo has been reviving shit instead of killing it then he shouldn't be that mad.
I understand why he's mad though.

kamspy

I wonder if Ab Soul demands TDE pay him in Bitcoin...

Baby probably still thinks he's getting over on Drake because he pays him in plastic money. I can see him rubbing his hands together, standing uncomfortably close to Mack Maine and being like, "this light skinned foo Drake let me pay him in video game money, we eatin' forever".

God damn. The dream is slowly dying. I hope the group stays cool for at least a couple more years. Want them collabs

Soul still got it...somewhere....he just needs to wake up. That song toku posted was pretty good with chuck

Edit: canadian money looks like plastic toy money, people clown on it in gaf but it has an awesome feel. and nice color marked bills . Da future. Y'all need to keep up

Ab-Soul sounding like Bizarre:

"Swimming Pools" video I was in the back
"BET Cypher" man I was in the back
For the media, I got some suggestions
Fuck Kendrick! ask us the questions
Like who's Black Hippy? how we get started? (What about Kendrick?)
Bitch are you retarded?!"

I bet it was due some contract shit. Jhene Aiko is much better to have on tour if you a romantic type like drizzy.
I was telling my friend the same thing. To a concert like that I ain't bringing no dudes lol

Drake X Miguel X Jhene Aiko concert with another guy? Bruhhhhhhhhh

PBY

Banned
I know Drake's tours do well... and I kinda a fan... but I don't know HOW.

Who goes? My gf won't go (anti-rap), I can't go w/ dudes... Iunooo

effzee

Y'all see this huge Hot97/Rap Radar argument? Ebro dropped some straight knowledge on B Dot but shit was tense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL-3FkcGkew

I watched both parts.

I get Ebro but he is also a fucking idiot getting worked up like that. It obviously bothers him to his core. He said similar shit to BOB earlier in the year when he asked why he gets no spin on HOT 97.

Ebro's point would stand if they did actually play the music that sells. He called BOB a pop artist and that's why they didn't play him, but in this case says they have to play it safe with no risks and only play dudes who sell or get ratings. So which is it dude?

Hot97's current playlist is made up of dudes who also don't sell. Future, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, and all the other current "in" radio artists don't sell shit. So how you gonna get all mad and yell at BOB or B Dot in this scenario. Why is the southern scene popping off so much more? Is it outselling every other rap sub genre? Pretty sure B Dot is accurate about the money issue.

I am shocked they played Kendrick considering how risky and non radio friendly his singles are/were.

As for his Pusha T comment, how many times did they play him on the radio? Mentioning him is different from breaking him in and playing his songs. I feel like as calculated as radio is, they don't get the fact that maybe if they snuck in more of these dudes and played it at least once a hour, the audience might view the songs as a hit and then actively look for said artist. If to Ebro prime time radio is from 7am to 7pm, then maybe just maybe instead of putting Rosenberg overnight when no one is listening, put him in the 8 or 9 pm slot.

He did 74k and somehow that's bad? That is 74k fans who actively looked for his music and bought it with no real marketing blitz or radio play.

Kwixotik

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
this drake tour is sounding like the best of both world 2 tour now.... next thing you know Future will be sprayed in the face with Rihanna's Eau de Toilette water...... glass bottle shards

overcast

Danny Brown is probably my most hyped up concert in a long ass time. Smokin and Drinkin, Dip, and Dope Song are going to be crazy.

Is Mac Miller signed to TDE? I forget.

A Trak tweeted "Yooo congrats to @XDannyXBrownX for having the #3 album on Billboard rap chart, #18 album in the country... BIG!!!". Pretty sure those sales are far from the L some implied.

Kendrick seems super down to earth and not the gloating type, but clearly his team isn't the same. You can just tell Q has never been gassed up about being behind Kendrick, now Ab is catching feelings? Jay Rock seems loyal as fuck though.

overcast

Kendrick seems super down to earth and not the gloating type, but clearly his team isn't the same. You can just tell Q has never been gassed up about being behind Kendrick, now Ab is catching feelings? Jay Rock seems loyal as fuck though.
Q strikes me as one who fucks around about it. Definitely think he knows his place. They all should, Kendrick is the only one who "blew up", he's who the people look for. Q has a solid following, Soul and Rock aren't really well known outside of hip-hop heads. Until they make bigger moves they are Kendrick's side kicks (to the general public).

The hell else do they expect? Rock seems like the backbone to me, idk. Strikes me as the one they listen to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You need to watch more Q interviews, or a Q interview. Dude is mad humble every time he gets asked about it (which is every time) and is always talking about how he owes his life to Kendrick or else he would be in the gutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom