• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shame" off this Denmark Vessey tape gotdamn. I can smell, taste, and hear an Apollo Brown instrumental from a mile away and I love them. My neck hurts so good.

EDIT: This tape is like "How To Make A Lengthy Project 101." Verse for verse it keeps you on your toes.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
MMLP2 seems to swing between kind of decent and shit in a overpriced handbag depending on my mood, but I can't lie, Wicked Ways might make my top 10 favorite songs this year.

made it as far as "Stronger than I was", that's...11 out of 21 tracks. the next one on deck has escha's grrl rihanna on it, and icant. if there's any tracks i should hear after this please let me know, cause i think i'm done

that thread had several heads gassing Bad Guy but even that shit went on a few minutes too long

Wicked Ways, Groundhog Day, and Evil Twin are in my opinion the only really "great" songs on the album. I like a handful more, but those three get consistent play still, while I havent listened to the rest of the album in a week.

Anyone here listening to the new Shad album? I downloaded it yesterday, been really digging it so far. Probably the most ambitious a Shad album's been from a production stand point. Bit more of a somber tone than usual on most of the tracks too.

flyingcolors.jpg

my favorite songs right now:
Fam Jam
Progress
Stylin'

IrishNinja

Anyone here listening to the new Shad album? I downloaded it yesterday, been really digging it so far. Probably the most ambitious a Shad album's been from a production stand point. Bit more of a somber tone than usual on most of the tracks too.

i did! as a Shad fan, its good but i need more time with it to say if its great or not...i see the ambition you're talking about, there just wasn't as much grabbing me as his last 2 so far, but i will be revisiting it soon.

This is awful.

seriously? if that made the album it'd be top 5 easy. i hit up the ones siddx mentioned towards the latter part of the album and they're all solid moments showing a bit've old Em, which is leaps & bounds over most of that mess...this track is way better than like 15 others on there

Tokubetsu

i did! as a Shad fan, its good but i need more time with it to say if its great or not...i see the ambition you're talking about, there just wasn't as much grabbing me as his last 2 so far, but i will be revisiting it soon.

seriously? if that made the album it'd be top 5 easy. i hit up the ones siddx mentioned towards the latter part of the album and they're all solid moments showing a bit've old Em, which is leaps & bounds over most of that mess...this track is way better than like 15 others on there

Everything about MMLP2 is garbage. There isn't a single decent song on there. Bonus or otherwise. It's the Nastradamus of Eminem albums. Irredeemable.

siddx

Nastradamous > Illmatic

No but for real, wicked ways, groundhog day, evil twin, and to a lesser extent brainless and so much better could all fit on mmlp or eminem show. They are all quality. But the eminem product has been so diluted by both fans and his detractors that the majority of people will never be able to have an unbiased take on his work from now on. It's either going to be stans gobbling his dick to the back of the sack, or people so tired of him that he could release the album of the century and they'd call it dogshit in a can.

Nastradamous > Illmatic

I thought Nastradamus was kind of whack and felt rushed. I can't place a favorite album for Nas though, even with him being my favorite rapper.

I just recently discovered Organized Threat a few weeks ago. These cats are sick, Poetic Death, Gavlyn, and Razor are the best three rappers out of the bunch.

Recon

Banned
Nastradamous > Illmatic

No but for real, wicked ways, groundhog day, evil twin, and to a lesser extent brainless and so much better could all fit on mmlp or eminem show. They are all quality. But the eminem product has been so diluted by both fans and his detractors that the majority of people will never be able to have an unbiased take on his work from now on. It's either going to be stans gobbling his dick to the back of the sack, or people so tired of him that he could release the album of the century and they'd call it dogshit in a can.

Lasers 1 > The Cool

tobiasc0uxh.gif

siddx

I thought Nastradamus was kind of whack and felt rushed. I can't place a favorite album for Nas though, even with him being my favorite rapper.

I just recently discovered Organized Threat a few weeks ago. These cats are sick, Poetic Death, Gavlyn, and Razor are the best three rappers out of the bunch.

Welcome to hip hop gaf, we are sarcastic dickheads in here, I wasn't being remotely serious about nastradamus, its complete garbage. But I'm glad you didn't react the way most new posters do, by having a spaz attack.

codhand

MMLP2 seems to swing between kind of decent and shit in a overpriced handbag depending on my mood, but I can't lie, Wicked Ways might make my top 10 favorite songs this year.

Wicked Ways, Groundhog Day, and Evil Twin are in my opinion the only really "great" songs on the album. I like a handful more, but those three get consistent play still, while I havent listened to the rest of the album in a week.

bargaining eh, what stage of grief is that again?

Damn, that B-Real, Xzibit and other guy mixtape is pretty good! Will get some burn from me for sure.

7983090_4775ff92d1.jpg

HiResDes

"Shame" off this Denmark Vessey tape gotdamn. I can smell, taste, and hear an Apollo Brown instrumental from a mile away and I love them. My neck hurts so good.

EDIT: This tape is like "How To Make A Lengthy Project 101." Verse for verse it keeps you on your toes.

2USnS.png

can't be serious

Elzhi continues to make utterly baffling decisions. Gotta question his manager, who I see on twitter all the time talking about grand plans yet nothing happens for Elzhi. This is 2013, you have to release music or people forget about you.

Elzhi got a lot of buzz with Elmatic, then what did he do: absolutely nothing. He literally hasn't released anything since that mixtape.

can't be serious

Elzhi continues to make utterly baffling decisions. Gotta question his manager, who I see on twitter all the time talking about grand plans yet nothing happens for Elzhi. This is 2013, you have to release music or people forget about you.

Elzhi got a lot of buzz with Elmatic, then what did he do: absolutely nothing. He literally hasn't released anything since that mixtape.

He did some features on no-name tracks and released Blue Window but yeah, nothing of note really. Disappointing.

HiResDes

Like Alchemist is so ill, King Chip sounds fantastic in comparison. I agree about Willie, but that EP was much shorter so it was less noticeable for me. Why not make a whole project for Vince Staples?

Esch

Banned
We live in bizarro world, where Alc mostly chooses to give beats to bums and one-noters instead of the people who need them. In some alternate universe, Raekwon got all the beats from Albert Einstein.

can't be serious

I figured he would have made enough tour money to fund his own shit tbh

T Dollarz

I was just having this Alchemist talk with some friends last night. I'd say his best project this year was either Albert Einstein or 360 Waves.

codhand

In some alternate universe, Raekwon got all the beats from Albert Einstein.

arrgh why would you even say that!? i need instrumentals of all of alc's shit stat

Can someone upload that denmark vessey mixtape? every site i download it from (98.1mb of it) it crashes on "unzip"

Kimosabae

Banned

flyingcolors.jpg

my favorite songs right now:
Fam Jam
Progress
Stylin'

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but its in my iPhone. This album seems really focused in regards to its message - social progression. Not where my heads at atm, so it may take me awhile to give it a proper listen.

Boldy James is dope. At least he's rhyming, unlike some of Prodigy's worse new stuff. I like how he rides the beats, and the album is full of bangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom