• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Because a good album requires doing work, moving around, not getting as high as you want, and listening to what the RZA is telling you. Nobody got time for that shit. I honestly blame the Wu's fanbase a lot too. The Wu has so many dickriders and weed carriers it's like they have a permanent underclass to leech off of relatively comfortably for the forseeable future, just like MF DOOM. You take that away, you decrease that fanbase, you give these guys debts; they'll pull a Nas and start rapping like they give a shit again.

Wu is basically ICP, but without the work ethic.

Madvillain.jpg

MrBeatnick said on Twitter "We're just listening to the new madvillain album. No big deal"

Madlib had called a last minute show at Dance Tunnel in London for Monday night and let’s just say that he brought some friends. Paul White, Mr. Beatnick and more importantly, Mos Def (Yasiin Bey) and DOOM were there. Madlib played some Madvillain material and this project is looking a lot less mythological. It may not be finished but the beats are ready and DOOM may just need to finish some raps.

dat trolling

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How are you gonna be lazier than Madlib, like how do you have a worse work ethic than Madlib?
DOOM is the chosen one. The one that'll bring a new level of laziness to the game never seen before. He is the one.

Tokubetsu

Swear I had heard the album was done as far back as 07 (swift and changeable) back when it was still just doomstarks or w/e

There was a time when the hold up was on Madlib's end, mixing wise. Just seems like the blame goes back and forth, but ultimately Madlib has released a billion projects within the last 5 years while DOOM has been quiet.

I can't say I'm looking forward to DOOM rapping over emailed Madlib beats. The first album was amazing for many reasons, one of which was that both DOOM and Madlib worked together crafting the album from beginning to end. They found samples, skits, came up with song ideas, etc.

The Ghost album...meh. You can tell Ghost wants to release it but DOOM is holding things up. As I've said before, DOOM must be eating real good. Both a Madvillain and Ghostface album would do very well, for years in fact (due to the inevitable re-releases, vinyl reprints, etc).

CRS

DOOM re-releases his back catalog on multiple formats every other year so he's not starving or will be anytime soon.

Dereck

There was a time when the hold up was on Madlib's end, mixing wise. Just seems like the blame goes back and forth, but ultimately Madlib has released a billion projects within the last 5 years while DOOM has been quiet.

I can't say I'm looking forward to DOOM rapping over emailed Madlib beats. The first album was amazing for many reasons, one of which was that both DOOM and Madlib worked together crafting the album from beginning to end. They found samples, skits, came up with song ideas, etc.

The Ghost album...meh. You can tell Ghost wants to release it but DOOM is holding things up. As I've said before, DOOM must be eating real good. Both a Madvillain and Ghostface album would do very well, for years in fact (due to the inevitable re-releases, vinyl reprints, etc).
Agreed

overcast

I just stopped caring about the guys who never drop shit. I don't hear a word until the album is out.

Jay Elect straight up doesn't matter to me anymore.

IrishNinja

recording industry dont like what it's eating, it's gonna go after everyone else...been at that for at least a decade and a half now, see my prior gif

codhand

I can't say I'm looking forward to DOOM rapping over emailed Madlib beats. The first album was amazing for many reasons, one of which was that both DOOM and Madlib worked together crafting the album from beginning to end. They found samples, skits,

word up.

Doris is good. One of the more interesting listens I had all year. Good beats. Good lyrics. I'm not hearing beat, or lyric complaints here, just "boring, xanax, dat delivery tho." etc. Same shit people are bagging on KA for. If his flow is boring to you, I can't convince you the beats, lyrics and concepts are any good.

Esch

Banned
Doris is good. One of the more interesting listens I had all year. Good beats. Good lyrics. I'm not hearing beat, or lyric complaints here, just "boring, xanax, dat delivery tho." etc. Same shit people are bagging on KA for. If his flow is boring to you, I can't convince you the beats, lyrics and concepts are any good.

This would be a good comparison if KA's lyrics weren't 1000000 times better than Earl's. Earl used to be pretty active on the mic when his s/t dropped. That was what made him stand out from the rest of his crew in the first place; he had a couple different flows and a great sense of humor. Now he sounds like he's dead on the inside and lost his mojo like austin powers ON HIS 2ND ALBUM. It's disgusting fam.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom