• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Girl-in-black-dress-playing-violin.gif

http://plug.dj/music-is-fun/

In an orchestral mood tonight. Soloists, duos, quartets, orchestra, symphonies, etc. You name it.

i-heard-chris-brown-had-a-seizure-from-stress-heres-the-worlds-smallest-violin-playing-just-for-him-32897.gif

filler

Banned
Doris wasn't good, entirely forgettable. Earl was so much better. Wolf is like an upgraded version of Bastard, it does everything better. If you liked Bastard, you should love Wolf.

PlayDat

Hi GafHop, I'm reading through OT9 from the beginning and someone brings up Awfulalterations on page 48. I understand it was a free mixtape at release, but is he charging for it now? All the links are dead so I wanna ask now before I forget.

Only verse I've ever heard of Zeroh was his feature on BFK (actually I just looked at the tracklist and it's spelled differently. Maybe it's a different dude?), I thought he was decent on there but Gaf-Hop speaks highly of Awfulalterations so I'd like to check it out. Can someone help me track it down?

HiResDes

Hi GafHop, I'm reading through OT9 from the beginning and someone brings up Awfulalterations on page 48. I understand it was a free mixtape at release, but is he charging for it now? All the links are dead so I wanna ask now before I forget.

Only verse I've ever heard of Zeroh was his feature on BFK (actually I just looked at the tracklist and it's spelled differently. Maybe it's a different dude?), I thought he was decent on there but Gaf-Hop speaks highly of Awfulalterations so I'd like to check it out. Can someone help me track it down?

Can't find a link anymore will upload when I get home, but for now - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76tNF9GKiTo

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In case you don't see it over in OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720422

soundcloud.com/snoopdogg/sets/doggystyle-the-samples-20th

November 23rd marks the 20th Anniversary of Snoop Dogg’s highly-acclaimed Doggystyle, in which his lyrical realism and distinctive vocal flow forever changed hip-hop and helped define the genre into what it is today.

In honor of this date, Snoop has created an enticing mixtape of the samples used on Doggystyle. Never done before, Snoop offers exclusive commentary about each song and the behind-the-scenes stories that went on during the making of the historic record. The mixtape offers fans a once-in-a-lifetime experience to hear first-hand, the creative process behind the record.

The mix is over 50 minutes and uses the following tracks (corresponding Doggystyle track using the sample is in [brackets]):

1. Curtis Mayfield - Give Me Your Love [Bathtub]
2. Funkadelic - Not Just Knee Deep [GFunk Intro]
3. George McCrae - I Get Lifted [Gin & Juice]
4. Slave - Watching You [Gin & Juice]
5. George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic - Flashlight [Tha Shiznit]
6. Santana - Fried Neckbones & Some Fries [Murder Was The Case]
7. Slick Rick & Dougie Fresh - La Di Da Di [Lodi Dodi]
8. Bernard Wright - Haboglabotribin [Gz & Hustlaz]
9. Kool & the Gang - Summer Madness [Doggy Dogg World]
10. Curtis Mayfield - Eddie You Should Know Better [Interlude: U Betta Recognize]
11. George Clinton - Atomic Dog [Who Am I (What's My Name)]
12. Tom Browne - Jamaica Funk [Who Am I (What's My Name)]
13. Parliament - Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker) [Who Am I (What's My Name)]
14. Lyn Collins - Think About It [Ain't No Fun]
15. Isaac Hayes - A Few More Kisses To Go [Ain't No Fun]
16. Ohio Players - Funky Worm [Serial Killa]
17. Isaac Hayes - The Look Of Love [Gz Up Hoes Down]

Short video about the remix on Snoop's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJXkeVX1lY

Dereck

https://www.mediafire.com/?32gu2jqnbgrpazc

Esch

Banned
Isnt it funny how the two guys failing to put in work for the wu project are off doing some stupid fuckery? Raekwon 43 years old in a fencing class and GZA is off trying to understand quantum physics.

JohnDoe

Banned
Isnt it funny how the two guys failing to put in work for the wu project are off doing some stupid fuckery? Raekwon 43 years old in a fencing class and GZA is off trying to understand quantum physics.

And Ghost is in couples therapy and still has about 2 albums he announced in 2011/2012 and hasn't released yet. (Blue and Cream and Supreme Clientele 2 I think)
But at least he gets to make money off that couples therapy show.

At least Ghost is doing his thing and released a noteworthy album this year. Rae and GZA aren't doing shit. I bet GZA's album will be a complete bore of recited scientific facts with no energy. Meanwhile Rae has probably wasted thousands of dollars recording trap songs no one wants to hear.

Culturally Wu still matters, people still love and respect the brand. I'd imagine splitting a check with 8 people is annoying, but ultimately a world tour would net them more money total than any solo adventure. Imagine if they went on tour with Mobb Deep, multiple continents for a few months. All while recording, then released the album on time this month. Would it go gold? Nope. But the tour would make up for it, significantly.

joelseph

Pelican Fly @ Paris Social Club tonight.

That We Been Ready blend into Moon Beam goes on for days into that echo. Damn son.

https://soundcloud.com/social-club-paris/pelican-fly-casabey-22

Amber London ft Yung Simmie - Smokin x Chokin
Mister Tweeks - Still Addicted
Rook Milo - Bleached
Trippy Turtle - Take U Down
Dj Big O - Overnight Celebrity
Moleskin - We Been Ready
C.Z. - Moon Beam
Dj Fresh - Get Silly
Lucid - Heartagram
Dj Yolo Bear - Txt U
Trippy Turtle - Poison
Neana - Scorpion Cache / Val Venis
Richelle - Wassup Nothing
Kelela - Enemy
Young Thug - Picacho
King Louie - So Many Hoes
Young Scrap - Swing My Way
Ryan Hemsworth - Ryan Must Be Destroyed
Richelle - Mascotte (Nadus Remix)
Gangsta Boo & Sinjin Hawke - Yea Hoe (Devil's Daughter Mix)
Sicko Mobb ft Lil Durk - Maserati
Dj Elmoe - Myspace Juke
Jensen Sportag - Falling Doves

Esch

Banned
Wow lots of Gunplay hate I guess. I haven't seen a rep fall so low after a chin check since Charles Hamilton, damn.

I don't really like anybody on MMG, Rick Ross gets some amazing production but generally I don't enjoy him.

I liked Pill, but he's no longer on the label and hasn't really released anything.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Any of you fuckers wanna visit me in Saigon and have a thing for Asian girls, I got you covered. You ever miss out on gettin laid because you have too many options and can't just zero in on one? I need some of you fuckers to get over here and snatch up some of my options so I'm forced to pick and stop trying to get the whole team back to my clubhouse. Yeah I know that metaphor makes no fucking sense but I'm drunk as shit.

Also tical when you are drunk at a bar is goat soundtrack. Between this and good kid maad city, I'm feeling invincible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow lots of Gunplay hate I guess. I haven't seen a rep fall so low after a chin check since Charles Hamilton, damn.
Every song I've heard from him outside of those features has been pretty mediocre outside of him having a good rap voice.

Still don't understand why people like Bible On The Dash. Sounds like the producer asked Gunplay for Khaled and Ross's email and he just gave 'em his own.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Every song I've heard from him outside of those features has been pretty mediocre outside of him having a good rap voice.

Still don't understand why people like Bible On The Dash. Sounds like the producer asked Gunplay for Khaled and Ross's email and he just gave 'em his own.

Hook is oddly catchy. But I agree. I think he is completely unremarkable. He also sounds like a poor man's scarface to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom