• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

That Overdoz. tape has one of the best mixtape covers of all time

I've been skimming through this (new Daz!!) and it seems really good, will listen to it in full soon:

daz-dillinger-bacctotheoldschool2-cover.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I wanted to like that old overdoze more than I did. The album cover made it seem like the exact kind of album id love, but I remember finding the production underwhelming. It's been a long time since I listened though. Maybe it's time for a revisit.

siddx

On a hip hop related note, did anyone else hate that fucking young dro album a much as I did? Dude is just boring as fuck. The very definition of a generic thug rapper with nothing to say and no talent to be original or interesting in any way. Definitely in contention for worst album of the year for me.

effzee

On a hip hop related note, did anyone else hate that fucking young dro album a much as I did? Dude is just boring as fuck. The very definition of a generic thug rapper with nothing to say and no talent to be original or interesting in any way. Definitely in contention for worst album of the year for me.

Lmao I don't know why this made me laugh so much. I didn't even think people would listen to the album or give it a chance.

siddx

Lmao I don't know why this made me laugh so much. I didn't even think people would listen to the album or give it a chance.

Lol honestly I have no idea why I got it. I must have been in one of my " get as much new music as I possibly can!" moods and he got swept up in that. But when I started listening to it I just wanted to give up on rap music forever.

Edit : on a tangent, typing a post on the iPad fucking sucks.

tmdorsey

Lol honestly I have no idea why I got it. I must have been in one of my " get as much new music as I possibly can!" moods and he got swept up in that. But when I started listening to it I just wanted to give up on rap music forever.

Edit : on a tangent, typing a post on the iPad fucking sucks.

Sounds like my experience with the Yo Gotti album. I like his old mixtapes, but this label album he put out is just so disappointing. It's sounds like he didn't even try.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
man, im gladd a dude like danny brown exists. outside of hiphop he just seems like a cool ass dude. no frontin, no fake shit, just a duder you'd go grab a burger with and toss nickels at tuesday afternoon strippers with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I keep reiterating it and nobody will listen (understandably), but the first Young Dro album is super fucking dope and sounds nothing like Shoulder Lean. Just based off of what the South was like at the time and his single, I never expected going into it that it'd have so many dope beats, introspective songs, and bangers all in one package.

What makes it worse is like none of the songs are even on YouTube or available online, so I can't even link to examples.

He became shit pretty quickly though when he started dressing like a golfer and shit, and obviously he didn't have the biggest name/rep in the first place.

Damn, Dave is going to every single Yeezus Tour stop or what?

Cole is a strong technical rapper. He's got punchlines. He can sing all right. He can produce all right. It's clear he's a smart guy. It's clear he works hard. But he's pretty boring.

nail got hit in the head. gaf hop universal opinion right there too for the most part.

also chappelle looks strange all buff, but the real odd sight in there is jack white in the background looking like a creeper lol.

effzee

Did the Busta album get delayed? I thought it was releasing this year but now it seems like he is releasing a mixtape with Tip next month.

Where is the album?

CRS

nail got hit in the head. gaf hop universal opinion right there too for the most part.

also chappelle looks strange all buff, but the real odd sight in there is jack white in the background looking like a creeper lol.

Yep. This made me do a double take for a second.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Finally.

So I'm like 5 wins and 0 losses on the OKC front as of this morning.

BOOYAKASHA. Tho this new chick is pretty spiffy. We spent the morning making out and watching adventure time. She even fucks with Bay Area rappers. I'm smitten.

*cueupmanoftheyear*

This probably happens a lot in this thread but I don't listen to much hip-hop, but lately I have been binging Flume's mixtape from his Deluxe album and love it.

Any producers + rap or rap with good production similar to Flume?

Finally.

So I'm like 5 wins and 0 losses on the OKC front as of this morning.

BOOYAKASHA. Tho this new chick is pretty spiffy. We spent the morning making out and watching adventure time. She even fucks with Bay Area rappers. I'm smitten.

*cueupmanoftheyear*

You've got a good one wenis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom