• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
Now make the parallel.

Here
new hopsin dripped

irhMRHVlRdmVn.gif

Esch

Banned
Oh. Its been so long I almost forgot about Kanyestradamus. The backlash from this shitty album, lol. Definitely marks the point when people really started hating the dude. Anyway, it sucks ass aside from the singles.

Tokubetsu

Oh. Its been so long I almost forgot about Kanyestradamus. The backlash from this shitty album, lol. Definitely marks the point when people really started hating the dude. Anyway, it sucks ass aside from the singles.

Yea I don't care for a lot of Late Registration too. Definitely my least favorite Yeezus work.

HiResDes

Yes shit is super catchy Tguy.

Brehs if I ever get rich I'm gonna have The Holy Mountain playing 24/7 on a 60-inch LED on my ceiling.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Dead. I didn't even know Lupe got tomatoes thrown at him and I live in SLC. Lmao.

thats...wow.

sucks.

edit:
Big Ghost revisits and reviews MBDTF
Meanwhile the boy Wiz Khalifa swooped in to scavenge that piece like YOOOOOO WHO THREW AWAY THIS PERFECTLY GOOD PLATE OF LASAGNA? ITS ONLY LIKE 13 BITES TAKEN OUTTA THIS MUTHAFUCKA…IMMA TAKE THIS SHIT HOME N REHEAT IT N MAYBE TRY N SHAPE IT INTO A NICE FORM AGAIN N THEN IMMA TAKE SOME PICTURES WIT IT N ENJOY THAT.

lmfao

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Pilot Talk 3 should just be ski

but if curren$y could drop a project with ski, dza, and alchemist It could be his best album ever. Dude has a great ear for beats but tends to just go with one producer at a time. Imagine him getting the best beats all those guys had to offer....

and I'm feelin that new Gambino.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GAFHop, my favorite 2pac song of all time is God Bless The Dead,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap5_mGX134k

But IIRC it was released after Tupac was killed.

The song starts outs:

"Rest in peace to my motherfucking Biggie Smalls, thats right boy, its going on"

Which Biggie is he talking about? The Notorious BIG or just some Biggie from Pacs hood? I've never really gotten an answer either way but its always bothered me

Today is the fifth anniversary of the best Kanye West album released to date, 808s & Heartbreak:
IcfdYUy.jpg

A flawed masterpiece. A seminal piece of work. Will Kanye ever deliver another piece of work as influential as this? Will we ever get a CDQ of the original, superior version of Welcome to Heartbreak? Only time will tell...

#autotunestillgoingstrong
#11/24/08

No Hip-Hop record has ever come close to that album since release. That's the "Enter The Dragon" to the game. That's the album that killed Hip-Hop. Thank you, Conway.

Kimosabae

Banned
No, just frought with the expected deep sadness at watching GZA stumble around quantum physics raps in a lame, futile edutainment rap environment.

I just don't get this? Do you not see how jaded and anti-intellectual this is? Is that what you value? Seriously? This seriously blows my mind.

GAFHop, my favorite 2pac song of all time is God Bless The Dead,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap5_mGX134k

But IIRC it was released after Tupac was killed.

The song starts outs:

"Rest in peace to my motherfucking Biggie Smalls, thats right boy, its going on"

Which Biggie is he talking about? The Notorious BIG or just some Biggie from Pacs hood? I've never really gotten an answer either way but its always bothered me

He's talking about Biggie. 2pac purposely recorded multiple songs in case of various outcomes. He'd literally tell his producers "put this out if I die first."

Esch

Banned
I just don't get this? Do you not see how jaded and anti-intellectual this is? Is that what you value? Seriously? This seriously blows my mind.
Yeah, I don't believe in edutainment at all man. Sorry.

If I want to bone up on quantum physics, I'll read a journal or textbook.

IrishNinja

as the creator of the eschascale, i thought it was pretty evident that dude's a solipsist

as an antagonist projection of his own consciousness, i gotta respect that

Esch

Banned
Just to clarify: in regards to yourself, or generally? If the latter; mind explaining why?
Yeah. I never found it to work well for myself or most kids because I dont believe that its the right attitude; you can't coat the bitter medicine and hard work of learning in sugar. As a kid I had tons of edutainment software etc. It was very rarely fun or good at actually conveying the material. I feel that this is doubly so for rap; because it lacks even the visual advantages those programs had. Here's what I believe in; small class sizes, no rankings or standardized tests; basically the Finnish system.

Rap is not going to make kids pick up books man. The knowledge shit was tried before and it failed. At the most, ypu might get someone to google search some physics concepts or something. Song just isnt that powerful of an educational tool. Its great for a quick mnemonic hack but thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom