• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel you with the bolded, but I feel like (for me) the stigma with the south and all that wasn't really fully formed. Lil Jon was after Luda and Outkast was before. Those were my landmarks at like age 12. I guess Big Tymers carried a pretty distinctly southern sound and I didn't really look at them and Luda as being cut from the same cloth.

It's weird, but then again I was fucking 12, I didn't really "care" about music until I heard TCD and The Documentary.
You guess? Both of them have a very southern sound

IrishNinja

Luda indeed killed features, and i don't know/care about tween demographics but he generally had an ear for beats, you telling me he couldn't whip out another clubbanger-for-itunes in 2013? i can't see why not, he doesn't seem to have any of the damage X and others do either

*edit welcome infinite, tribe peoples is best people
also never mind esha there trynna take credit for tguy's work

No surprise to anyone here but I genuinely believe this dude wants to do good in the world but he's either implicitly or consciously convinced himself the relevance pillar can't be moved when it comes to infrastructure. Maybe I'm just sympathetic for my artbros. He's saying fuck the system but is acutely aware it's everpresent. If he really said fuck the system, he would not try to weave into it to try to blow it from the inside out the hard way. Now he's out announcing his shots before he takes them. It's a cocktail of all of the above, mixed with not thinking before you speak and having those outbursts of grandeur.

i can see that, but a) it gets lost in the billions = safe & free hyperbole/corporation level talk and b) as you said, pick a lane/form of attack. jay did way more from the inside than ye seems to even aspire to, while dudes like Nipsey do far more from the outside. failing at one mismatched investment & lamenting all those ceilings just makes you sound indecisive, and while most ye fans dig his constant i'm the new MJ/disney/etc etc grandiose talk, people outside trip to much over his ego instead of his words - i liked when charlamange called him out on the distinction between actual slavery and conscious decisions. i felt like ye wanted to talk about indoctrination but was getting too caught up at that point, either way it's not quite godwin's law but when your premise both starts out & hinges so much of your argument to such shaky grounds as essentially "i have to buy in & meet this arbitrary goal in a game i hate to be truly free of it", not only is what follows going to be weak, you're clearly not giving much thought to how it's presented. what are you looking for here, people you just got done saying are devoid of any frame of reference to empathize with you?

no, my best guess is ye 101: ongoing validation. even then, his takeaway from the failed fashion investment should've been: these folks wouldn't fuck with me even if i had a billion dollars. i can't imagine being that close to Jay coming up & still not taking notes to all the closed doors even his smarts/dollars couldn't open, it's like he wants to undertake that sisyphean task and then have people support & talk about how great he is at rolling that boulder up before it comes back down, and lament with him his inability to leave the task the fuck alone & put your energy into something smarter.

...might be analyzing too much here, i don't really know dude from adam. not even touching the pac/GOAT talk there

sup gaf hop. Although I been lurking for a minute it's my first post here so I'll go through the initiation gauntlet. I hope I don't detract too much from the routine kanye west controversy.

Pick a coast to rep - East Coast
Favorite Artist - atm it's Blu all time it would be A Tribe Called Quest
Favourite producer - tie between Kanye West, Madlib, and Nujabes. Tofubeats is up there though
Favourite album - Midnight Marauders
What's in your playlist right now? - Give Me Flowers While I can Still Smell Them, Yeezus, Government Plates, My Name is My Name, My Room my Stage

Rank Kanye's albums: Late Registration > College Dropout > MBDTF > 808s and Heartbreaks > Graduation
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Gza
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? lol I guess
Who won? Nas or Nas? umm Nas
Biggie or Pac? Biggie
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? I'm leaning towards genius but idk
How do you feel about Macklemore? He's a real life white savior trope. Like Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai, Daniel Day-Lewis in last of the mohicans, or the dude in Avatar.
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? trick question right?

Are you the person in your avatar? Just curious

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That's exactly where the tween crowd lives. They artists they love ain't exactly talented, an they ain't really great, but they can sell the fuck out of a record.

They're surprisingly average. With enough gusto to make them "unique".

Luda? lol

He goes so hard...

But like Busta he cant make a great album for whatever reason

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kanye isn't that hard to figure out. He's an insecure man child who uses his his above average creativity to mask his below average intelligence and common sense. And as his well of creativity began to run dry, it became harder and harder for him to mask his deficiencies to the point he now looks like a raving lunatic because he doesn't have his music to work as a smoke screen anymore. I'm just happy we got two great albums from him (even though CD aged like a crackwhore) and one decent one before he shit the bed. I'll always enjoy my memories of riding around south florida listening to CD my senior year of college with my girlfriend next to me. The constant stream of garbage music he's made in the last few years don't erase that. So go on Kanye and be the joke that you now are. Dress like a blind stripper who walked into a hot topic/forever 21 super combo store in the mall. Have babies with some media whore whose only talent is getting fucked. Make pretentious bullshit that sounds like 80 producers spent a week trying to angrily shove their own style into one 4 minute song. Sell ugly clothes to stans and children who don't know better. Kanye gave me my memories and I am happy with them, so he can have Kim queef into a microphone for 8 minutes while he rhymes about penises dripping diamonds into glasses of blueberries and how it's a metaphor for the white man holding the black man down. I won't stop remarking about what a fucking dipshit he is, but I also won't ever presume to demand he stops what he's doing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Kanye isn't that hard to figure out. He's an insecure man child who uses his his above average creativity to mask his below average intelligence and common sense. And as his well of creativity began to run dry, it became harder and harder for him to mask his deficiencies to the point he now looks like a raving lunatic because he doesn't have his music to work as a smoke screen anymore. I'm just happy we got two great albums from him (even though CD aged like a crackwhore) and one decent one before he shit the bed. I'll always enjoy my memories of riding around south florida listening to CD my senior year of college with my girlfriend next to me. The constant stream of garbage music he's made in the last few years don't erase that. So go on Kanye and be the joke that you now are. Dress like a blind stripper who walked into a hot topic/forever 21 super combo store in the mall. Have babies with some media whore whose only talent is getting fucked. Make pretentious bullshit that sounds like 80 producers spent a week trying to angrily shove their own style into one 4 minute song. Sell ugly clothes to stans and children who don't know better. Kanye gave me my memories and I am happy with them, so he can have Kim queef into a microphone for 8 minutes while he rhymes about penises dripping diamonds into glasses of blueberries and how it's a metaphor for the white man holding the black man down. I won't stop remarking about what a fucking dipshit he is, but I also won't ever presume to demand he stops what he's doing.

Bro he is Bipolar.... He's been stuck in a manic high since that kimmel interview/which was likely him at his low (IE seemingly normal but talking about feeling oppressed and seeming more reserved/angry). which going hand in hand with him touring (and likely killling it) likely leads to crazy shit like this. How long he is going to last before his crash who knows. But At first I thought it was his ego but now i am pretty sure he has actual mental health issues and likely no one around him to try to get him help. Likely he went nuts after his mother died (he was an egomaniac then but it made so much more sense). Another example is this fashion stuff he is on. He's obsessed because like most Bipolar people going through Mania he thinks he can do anything/everything. If it was about getting money he likely could of found a deal by now. Instead he wants validation from his competitors?

You know what really irks me though? I think people like Jay (maybe beyonce) knew this and looked out for him and Kim got her claws in him and has him going wild because she likely is getting in the news for doing nothing but just being associated with him. Like I know we mock him for getting with her but now I am wondering was he in anyway in his right mind when he went raw in her and then decided to put a ring on it. If I am right I'm moving from finding kanye a sideshow to feeling pity for him. He needs help to regain control of himself and everyone around him is benefitting from him going wild so no one is going to say anything about it. He is completely surrounded by enablers and sycophants. He's closer to MJ status than many of us recognize and I'm not talking about music. Kim is his elisabeth taylor but actual fucking is taking place between the two.

sup gaf hop. Although I been lurking for a minute it's my first post here so I'll go through the initiation gauntlet. I hope I don't detract too much from the routine kanye west controversy.

How do you feel about Macklemore? He's a real life white savior trope. Like Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai, Daniel Day-Lewis in last of the mohicans, or the dude in Avatar.
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? trick question right?

Welcome..... and Lol

Kanye's interviews are entertaining, but only in the way that watching a crazy person be crazy is entertaining. Dude is insane. I get where he's coming from sometimes, but then he goes off on tangents and sounds straight crazy.

Sway wasn't even having that though. Amazing.

FStop7

Banned
I don't think Kanye's heart is in his music. He's making music to earn and keep himself relevant but he's fixated on the fashion stuff. But if his music isn't inspired then he'll fade out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kanye isn't fucking bi-polar. One lyric about people telling his mama he's bi polar is not a diagnoses. He's an asshole with an ego who is getting rich, powerful, and filled to the brim with attention which would turn anybody into a crazy prick. You better believe if I was in Kanye's shoes I'd be posting pictures of myself cumming in girls eyes with the hashtag #shouldhaveraisedherbetter and driving down the street in a ferrari with two naked women throwing bags of dogshit at pedestrians.

DominoKid

I'm impressed how Kanye has made everybody think he's crazy and has everybody dissecting and discussing his interviews and everyday life.

Wondering is he crazy (no), is he on drugs (probably), etc. "Everybody feel a way about K but at least yall feel something,"

It's just another part of the act to stay a hot topic and it's really funny to see how people react to it.

Lol, there is something to be said about Kanye being a focal point of discussions, I guess.

Idk, but he's bitching about Ralph Lauren and those guys not giving him the time of day and it's cause from a business standpoint, he's a liability for them. I mean, Kanye's been around 10 years (give or take a bit). Ralph Lauren's business has been around almost 50 years.

The reason Jay-Z can do business with these guys is cause he has proven himself to be a businessman. Right now Kanye is just complaining he can't sit at the grown-ups table.

When Magic Johnson said he wanted to be a business man after basketball he was laughed at. Just being super emotional and passionate about something isn't enough.

Kanye isn't fucking bi-polar. One lyric about people telling his mama he's bi polar is not a diagnoses. He's an asshole with an ego who is getting rich, powerful, and filled to the brim with attention which would turn anybody into a crazy prick. You better believe if I was in Kanye's shoes I'd be posting pictures of myself cumming in girls eyes with the hashtag #shouldhaveraisedherbetter and driving down the street in a ferrari with two naked women throwing bags of dogshit at pedestrians.

LMFAO

overcast

Kanye's publicity tour is working very well, intentional or not :lol
Definitely.

Sway interview was great all around. It had Sway telling ye to stfu and what Kanye was saying made enough sense.

I don't think his heart is as strong in music as it is in fashion though. Dude is hell bent on breaking through.

Kimosabae

Banned
such intense.

much poetry.

Jay Sosa

damn. I should frame this.

Detox

Kanye wants validation from the old European fucks that own high fashion, he doesn't even want it from the designers. He would probably settle for 1% of the profit as long as his brand was housed under the Louis Vuitton umbrella.

Tokubetsu

infUboq9zYfG3.gif

Esch

Banned
Kanye wants validation from the old European fucks that own high fashion, he doesn't even want it from the designers. He would probably settle for 1% of the profit as long as his brand was housed under the Louis Vuitton umbrella.

One of the most etherous posts in this thread.

It's why I never took the pro-black heel turn seriously. Kanye loves white people, and has always craved validation from white america more than money or whatever.

effzee

god damn.

I'm impressed how Kanye has made everybody think he's crazy and has everybody dissecting and discussing his interviews and everyday life.

Wondering is he crazy (no), is he on drugs (probably), etc. "Everybody feel a way about K but at least yall feel something,"

It's just another part of the act to stay a hot topic and it's really funny to see how people react to it.

If this is all just a publicity stunt to remain "hot" then its also because Yeezus failed to do what he set out to do with it conceptually. Also explains the motorola ads.

effzee

Nothing ever connects with me when I hear Macklemore. Like not a single lyric stands out, his voice always seems muted, and while he flow from time to time a lot of times he just seems to talk through a song.

That said his production team and sound is catchy as hell. Impeccable. That new single he has out with Q, the beat is crazy. It kind of even sounds like a bollywood song when the flute kicks in.

And we already have seen what and where real good production but question to no skill on the mic can get you to.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

So hooked on "Type of Way", I might as well listen to more of his shit.

"Jealous" ft. Kendrick Lamar has been one of my other addictions, but I could not handle more than like 10 minutes of the Fredo Santana album it's on. I can get down with some ignorant trap shit, but it's just generic slop.

The "Shabba" remix is getting the most plays from me lately, I've loved pretty much every take on this track.

codhand

finally watched the entire interview

sway was fin to do a rare tam take-off. lmao

ye compares his efforts to branch out to a young Wonka making candy other than chocolate..... hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom