• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
What list or who's list does Kanye keep referring to when he mentions #6? MTV top 10 MCs?

And yeah shocked he gets to talk so freely about "Jews" with no reaction. They about to treat him like a Palestinian very soon.

That's because he's on a hip-hop radio station if he said that on the Today show or Ellen....

Kanye continuing to get butthurt about MTV year after year is astounding to me and I guess I can call myself a stan.

It's like, dude, you're Kanye West. Why worry about that list?

effzee

Kanye continuing to get butthurt about MTV year after year is astounding to me and I guess I can call myself a stan.

Yeah first of all that list is trash. Their reasoning for who belongs where makes no sense for a list that's supposed to be about being MCs.

2ndly Kanye actually thinks he is #1 when he has an album out. WHAT?

And I finally listened to the full breakfast club interview. They didn't hold back. I am shocked and happy to see that. Kanye also didn't hold back but he did hint that his next project is going to be more back to his norm and that he hears people's reactions to certain songs and sounds.

DominoKid

these Ye interviews

iboykPFSLKwIIu.png

Yeezus is still an easy aoty contender. But good lord kanye is a joke whenever he speaks now

I don't like that he'll be less experimental because of reactions to the album though. It was great, but whatever. As long as he makes another good album then cool

Also, excited to listen to this new starlito when I get home

Kikarian

Yeezus is still an easy aoty contender. But good lord kanye is a joke whenever he speaks now

I don't like that he'll be less experimental because of reactions to the album though. It was great, but whatever. As long as he makes another good album then cool

Also, excited to listen to this new starlito when I get home
The music production approach to the album was good. His rapping, Not so good.

Detox

I can't tell if Kanye composing himself to Malcolm X and Steve Jobs are to attract attention or if he really believes it.

Kreed

It's definitely both. He knows he's not being humble/talking humble so people are going to go at him which is what he wants (he said as much in the Breakfast club interview and Charlemagne giving him donkey of the day over and over).

It's too bad he doesn't know how to interview well/convey his ideas in a way to gain support from the average person because I "get" what he's trying to say but he just comes off as too arrogant and out of touch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching enzo melt down parallel to Kanye is great.
How am I melting down? KanyeGate is pretty sad in some respects. Really amusing in others. Shit is funny, some of these quotes are so damn ludicrous that it's fantastic. There were 3-4 of them in the Breakfast Club interview, and hell even Kanye being a cool head in the Juan Epstein got his rocks off too. Pretty sure that's the proportion of humility to arrogance people want from Ye.

Plus it's no secret how much I absolutely love Juan Epstein.

Jared & Brian souls burning slow.
RIP Jared & Brian

Why would they still work on the drums for a song that came out 6 years ago?
Steel sharpen steel? They continually work on everything.

And I finally listened to the full breakfast club interview. They didn't hold back. I am shocked and happy to see that. Kanye also didn't hold back but he did hint that his next project is going to be more back to his norm and that he hears people's reactions to certain songs and sounds.

Listening to it right now.

Man, sometimes Kanye says some really intelligent stuff, but it's surrounded by some really really stupid shit that he seems to think sounds brilliant.

codhand

As much as I enjoy Kanye's music, I loved seeing his shit get called on in these interviews. Hopefully, he wakes the fuck up.

the Epstein really had the best approach bringing up the good ol days with Cipha Sounds haha

EDIT
thinking more about it, he quickly said 'Yeezus is about drums and mixing',

i feel that, like, he was just seeing how ill / loud he could make his drums while experimenting with mixing...

overcast

That's pretty far for a Q show.
Yeah, even I wouldn't drive all the way up there for a Q show. He'll have one in LA pretty soon.

That Epstein interview seems pretty great.

Holyyy shit. Just listened to some of that Sway interview. You ain't got the answers!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Because he is Kanye West...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like during the breakfast club when they asked him who he goes to for opinions...and he was like God.

Hahahaha, I almost spit my drink up cause I was laughing so hard when he said that.

If you have to say you are the greatest you aren't*

*with the exception of Ali

JohnDoe

Banned
Can't wait for the spiritual successor to 808s and Heartbreak where he's gonna cry about his failed fashion career.
Air Yeezys and Shattered Dreams

FStop7

Banned

I've listened to Sway's show for a couple of years now and before today I'd never heard him lose his temper on the air. Come to think of it I don't think I'd ever heard him swear, either. He was ready to cut the mics and settle things outside. The way he said "FUCK this" made me jump back in my seat like it was me he was talking to. Kanye needs someone to check his ego like that more often. Right before Sway went off Kanye was rambling about how he's Warhol, Shakespeare, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom