• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Happy Thanksgiving Gaf-Hop!!! From all of us over in GAFPOP. :)

iZaOSu6DqglL2.gif
Happy thanksgiving lol

IrishNinja

LL Cool J went in. I'm looking to check out some of his discog... what're his best albums?

i grew up with Walking With a Panther but honestly, All World (his greatest hits) is the best experience; personally i love LL but he was never great at putting an album together, for me

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Anyone listen to the new Slim Thug album? What about the new bone thugs? Dont have much hope for the later but I've alwsays enjoyed slim.

LL is the original cornball rapper but I can't lie, I loved the shit out of some of his songs. Who do you love and hey lover were the jams back in the day.

HiResDes

The new Gorgeous Children is not nearly as good as the other tape they dropped this year besides like three choice tracks.

Big Baby Gandhi must have taken down his newest tape because every link I find to the bandcamp page is broken.

Some other tapes I wanna check that haven't talked about much:

AMMT - Been Died

Sir Michael & Pouya - Gookin

O'Grime - B.A.N.D. EP

Aaron Cohen - Potential Fans

MondreMan - They Say I Struggle Rap

downloading rich homie quan and batman origins.

currently listening to new tinashe and starlito. good month.
What's the new Tinashe called?

siddx

LOL! i thought that was just one single! Have they done anything goo since their cricket game?

Ah, I don't know if it was album or just a single. I saw something labeled bone thugs - art of war 3 and just assumed it was an album.

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone listen to the new Slim Thug album? What about the new bone thugs? Dont have much hope for the later but I've alwsays enjoyed slim.

LL is the original cornball rapper but I can't lie, I loved the shit out of some of his songs. Who do you love and hey lover were the jams back in the day.

New Bone? Link?

CRS

It's called Art of War WW III but I don't even think it's the album that was announced. Maybe it is but apparently Krayzie and Wish have no involvement in the album. I guess it's just a cash grab by Layzie, Bizzy, and Flesh. (surprise! surprise!) So I'm not on fucking with it on any level and would rather listen to the first Art of War, a classic.

Edit: after actually looking up a little more info, it is the album and Xbox Music leaked it by accident. Won't even bother to listen to it when it's another Bone Brothers album feat. Flesh.

siddx

It'll be mostly banter until Rozay's new album drops, then we'll discuss that for a day or two and forget about it.

I've already preemptively forgotten about it. Used to love his music but it's just the same shit over and over now.

YG Whootie?

Ah apparently Kendrick and YG Whootie went to high-school together. Now he's on Brick SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

song BANGS bruh

KKendrick Martin, WhoWhotie Malcolm

Esch

Banned
Prediction: it won't come out this year. No buzz, one underperforming single. There's no time to build hype for it.

He let GFID come out with nothing on the hit deck so what's stopping him from thinking the same thing will be fine with Mastermind?

Either way MMG is dunzo. They're going to become slowly extinct.

Detox

Ross got that Jay track dropping December. It is probably a hit and most likely the only one they got as Ross desperately took it off Khaled's album.

PBY

Banned
Fuck man. Kanye says a buch of dumb stuff but his threads always bring out the casual racism which pisses me off so damn much.

Kimosabae

Banned
Fuck man. Kanye says a buch of dumb stuff but his threads always bring out the casual racism which pisses me off so damn much.

Don't fall into the trap of marginalizing the word "racism" out of frustration with other people's ignorance, dude. It's mostly people reacting to Kanye, not his color or his points. I feel you, though.

JohnDoe

Banned
Don't fall into the trap of marginalizing the word "racism" out of the frustrations of other people's ignorance, dude. It's mostly people reacting to Kanye, not his color or his points.

What they are doing is using Kanye's bad reputation as an excuse to dismiss white privilege. That's what peterb0y meant.
And I've also seen some posters sneak in racist comments and generalizations of black people when they shit on Kanye.

Kimosabae

Banned
What they are doing is using Kanye's bad reputation as an excuse to dismiss white privilege. That's what peterb0y meant.

Trust me I get it: that's not racism. That's ignorance generated by a class of people taking their circumstances for granted. Expressing the non-existence of white privalege does not mean you hate an ethnic group or wish to see them subjugated. You're just ignorant of the facts regarding generational wealth/poverty, social stratification etc., etc. You're just making comments without the proper, contextual, factual information.

PBY

Banned
Trust me I get it: that's not racism. That's ignorance generated by a class of people taking their circumstances for granted. Expressing the non-existence of white privalege does not mean you hate an ethnic group or wish to see them subjugated. You're just ignorant of the facts regarding generational wealth/poverty, social stratification etc., etc.
We just have different definitions of racism, but I see ur point.

JohnDoe

Banned
Trust me I get it: that's not racism. That's ignorance generated by a class of people taking their circumstances for granted. Expressing the non-existence of white privalege does not mean you hate an ethnic group or wish to see them subjugated. You're just ignorant of the facts regarding generational wealth/poverty, social stratification etc., etc.

Expressing the non-existence of white privilege implies that minorities are in their position because they don't work hard enough etc. Which brings us to the definition of racism (which isn't "hate another race" btw)

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that consider the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics, and especially the belief that races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others, or that members of different races should be treated differently.

siddx

He let GFID come out with nothing on the hit deck so what's stopping him from thinking the same thing will be fine with Mastermind?

MMG was done the minute Ross named it after a dying (and now dead) car brand with a history of poor sales and shit management. How little awareness do you have to be willing to link your brand to something like that? AND he managed to mispronounce the brand too like a fucking nubhead.
Mc hammer and BMF made me a big fan. GFID made me hate his generic delusions if thuggery ass. I mean im not naive, I know most rappers now a days are about as hard as baby dick, but I can suspend belief to some degree with certain rappers for the entertainment aspect. But the more a rapper tries to persist with this bullshit image of being some kind of super thug, the less I can tolerate it. At least with someone like Gucci, he really is straight up ignorant. If he was a girl he'd be ratchet as fuck. I think he can't rap worth a damn, but at least I can believe his bullshit. Ross though is just someone's loving uncle. Dude should be wearing an uncle Phil sweater and playing with puppies. Punching one loudmouth doesnt change that. Even my hippie ass dad has knocked a dude out who deserved it.

But GFID had like 5 singles before release, whereas Mastermind has two and doesn't even have a "for the ladies" track yet. Obviously the budget is smaller but I'm still expecting a delay.

Kimosabae

Banned
Expressing the non-existence of white privilege implies that minorities are in their position because they don't work hard enough etc. Which brings us to the definition of racism (which isn't "hate another race" btw)

Expressing explicit hate towards another race, because of their race, definitely fits that very broad definition. If you're expressing hatred you're doing it because you feel the class of others is inferior. If that doesn't fit, nothing does.

In any case; racism is generally about ill intent directed towards an increasingly ill-defined class of peoples; which is why the word continues to march towards irrelevancy.

Yes, expressing the non-existence of white privilege could imply that blacks are lazy (i.e.) - but implication doesn't draw any necessary conclusions regarding intent. It's not a meaningful, rational, deduction. A person could truly just be ignorant of the very notions of generational wealth and social stratification. So if a person makes a comment without that contextual information - does that necessarily mean that they truly feel blacks are lazy people, and as such, inferior people and should be treated differently?

I don't think that it does. I don't see how you could demonstrate that it does. You can't.

Part of the problem with embracing such a broad definition of racism is that it becomes toothless in discussions where the word truly applies. Let overtly PC liberal whites fumble clumsily over that word. If you're black, you're doing people a disservice if you're not careful with it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
On that note, I really want to give K.R.I.T. a pity spot on my Top 10. I just don't know where dude's tape ranks but I thought it was a great project, just perhaps not, exceptional?

the insrumental tape he released this year will get a mention, but not anywhere in the top ten. his fall was harder to watch than Cole and a lot sadder than Lupe.

time to look forward into 2014... whatever that means I guess
#prayforTDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom