• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH i dont know how i feel about 6 either. I think I still enjoyed it, but had a mild taste of jumping the shark. It felt like they were too consciously trying to play into the tropes that make these movies fun, you know?
I think part of that was it had the worst dialogue in the series (outside of Tokyo Drift of course). You know something is off when a series is great for it's brand of cheese but you end up very cognizant of it and it loses it's charm.

Watching it again now and the dialogue isn't that bad this time.

Still interested in how they approach
Middle Eastern tuner culture
in the seventh though. I never even considered that. In general, I think being back "home" and all could give the series a chance to dip slightly deeper back into the street race aspect of things, and put a modern twist on it without just filling the streets with Ferraris and Lambos like they do in the token street races of recent ones. I'm not one of those that started hating the series when they transitioned to heists, I think it's been a great transition, but how they've begun making custom cars from the ground up always sounded like it could be awesome if they brought that back to street racing. Like grown up soapbox cars, with guns and steroids.

Esch

Banned
I think part of that was it had the worst dialogue in the series (outside of Tokyo Drift of course). You know something is off when a series is great for it's brand of cheese but you end up very cognizant of it and it loses it's charm.

Watching it again now and the dialogue isn't that bad this time.

Still interested in how they approach
Middle Eastern tuner culture
in the seventh though. I never even considered that. In general, I think being back "home" and all could give the series a chance to dip slightly deeper back into the street race aspect of things, and put a modern twist on it without just filling the streets with Ferraris and Lambos like they do in the token street races of recent ones. I'm not one of those that started hating the series when they transitioned to heists, I think it's been a great transition, but how they've begun making custom cars from the ground up always sounded like it could be awesome if they brought that back to street racing. Like grown up soapbox cars, with guns and steroids.
Shit should be cool. Expect lots of corny scenes with sandal surfing and dudes tipping cars on two wheels.

Eschhh you bittch you fed me to the undercover racists in that thread bruh.
j4Mr0FeRi32M0.png
you fed yourself.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cole's verse on TKO is kinda dope. Agree that he's sorta missed the timing though, but I don't think he was waiting for the right time for a response. That verse would've sounded crazy on the Versace beat, actually.

TKO remix is okay overall.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
a white chick hand signalling "where you from my n****" though

even the white deaf community is empowered enough during a rap show to use the N word.

it's another experience going to a hiphop show that is predominately white (or asian)

ever see a group of fine ass asian chicks throwin up gang signs at each other and giggling like school girls after yellin "YAWK"? hilariously arousing.

Esch

Banned
Brehs, i have to say that ive turned heel on Albert Einstein. It's almost unfair for someone to get Alc beats right now because of how sick they are. Doesnt really even matter what you're spitting, almost.

T Dollarz

Brehs, i have to say that ive turned heel on Albert Einstein. It's almost unfair for someone to get Alc beats right now because of how sick they are. Doesnt really even matter what you're spitting, almost.

I think it's my favorite Alc project this year

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It'll be mostly banter until Rozay's new album drops, then we'll discuss that for a day or two and forget about it.

Well I'm waiting on that and Gambino's too see if they get in my top 10. Next month should basically be the end of the year wrap up/top 10 debates. I am looking forward to it too cause I know I missed some good stuff this year.

as is only fair and correct.

Also, i remember some of yall saying you wanted this. Guess its on sale now...

now can you put butane wax into those things or am I misunderstanding the purpose?

YG Whootie?

Ah apparently Kendrick and YG Whootie went to high-school together. Now he's on Brick SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

song BANGS bruh

KKendrick Martin, WhoWhotie Malcolm

Shit was dope until the Whootie came on and started rapping and shit.... also how you a dude and you call yourself whootie.... shit is false advertising and bound to confuse google. Just ask tity boi.

Kimosabae

Banned
@Kimosabae

So this discussion doesn't go completely off the rails, let's go back to where it started:

My initial point was that a lot of people used Kanye's bad image as a cover-up to post things against him which contained ignorance towards white privilege. In another thread some people also used it as a cover-up to post generalizing statements on black people.
Some people basically are thinking they can join the Kanye-bashing bandwagon (which I am a part of too) just to inject their prejudices, generalizing statements and political agenda on race.

I think if you deny white privilege, you are being racist to some extent because it's clear how well white people are off compared to black people in the USA and the reason for that is the white privilege. Denying white privilege doesn't leave many factors that could explain this situation. After all, if they have the same shot at life, how are black people that much worse off?

The only explanation that's left is to say that they have some inherent qualities that prevent them from being successful.

And to address your comment about everything being racist, I wouldn't say so, but a lot of things we say are racist. But what I am complaining about is statements etc. that are furthering ignorant ideas that are damaging, with or without ill intent.

@siddx

I don't do such jokes, but I don't get offended by them and I laugh at them. To me personally jokes are a completely different territory.

Thanks for the effort at delineation. Unfortunately, I find your demonstration wanting. I'll just leave it at that, since only you, Siddx and I seem to be interested in the conversation. Unfortunate, considering the nature of the thread and the topic of discussion.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
He should release yearly instrumental albums that cover the entire year of his production.

That'd be dope.

CRS

It doesn't help that Prodigy is trash.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eh, we just haven't heard a project yet where someone was actually spitting (or at least not terrible) over those beats to judge.

IrishNinja

maaaan i did not duck my family's bullshit on obamacare to get into some meta-shit on racism, just wanted to add that all ya'll on about CAC privilege are totally right but there's a scale and please beleive not all of us get invites to the meetings down by the docks

peter i wanted to come to your defense in that thread but parts of OT are about as bad for me as gaming side right now, also i am not dancing with devo & others get worked up cause in the words of george carlin i could just go masturbate & have more to show for it afterwards

Agreed. Just treading water in mixtape mediocrity.

also fair

PBY

Banned
maaaan i did not duck my family's bullshit on obamacare to get into some meta-shit on racism, just wanted to add that all ya'll on about CAC privilege are totally right but there's a scale and please beleive not all of us get invites to the meetings down by the docks

peter i wanted to come to your defense in that thread but parts of OT are about as bad for me as gaming side right now, also i am not dancing with devo & others get worked up cause in the words of george carlin i could just go masturbate & have more to show for it afterwards

also fair
I'm on that thanksgiving day family tip too, just had hours of Fox news on in the background, got me all bothered and shit.

I'm done w that OT thread btw, ignorance man. It's not about defending the dumb shit Kanye says, it's certain realities that kinda aren't debatable. The Kanye fuckery filter is just nonsense on top of it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Gibbs does the Scottie Pippin beat more than justice.

yeah. also i think currensy does pretty damn good on them too.

Yep Covert Coup is a strong candidate to be a classic, but lets be real Gibbs renegaded Spitta on that track. In fact real talk that was the track that really put Gibbs on the radar in my opinion because he went in on it so hard everybody started checking for his earlier projects and saw how nice he was.

Tokubetsu

I still don't get why people love that Gibbs verse in here and put on some kinda pedestal. It never stood out to me then, and doesn't stand out to me now.

CRS

Because dude rode that beat just as well as Curren$y but in double time. Curren$y more than held his own too.

The beat had cobra kai venom spit all over it from both Gibbs and Spitta.

If me and Kanye were in a Walking Dead situation I'd leave him to die. Likewise in a Walking Racist situation on GAF I'll never defend him. He's too far gone. Most of the posts I saw weren't even racist or out there, people are just taking frustrations out on him. That's fine.

That Jew comment got some momentum in the news, although personally I don't think it was bad enough to matter. Sooner or later though, he's gonna really go off on Jews and white people. I can't wait because it's time for the plug to be pulled brehs. I was fine with Yeezus and the rants, but that Sway interview was the final straw. Dude is going to destroy his life big time.

JohnDoe

Banned
If me and Kanye were in a Walking Dead situation I'd leave him to die. Likewise in a Walking Racist situation on GAF I'll never defend him. He's too far gone. Most of the posts I saw weren't even racist or out there, people are just taking frustrations out on him. That's fine.

That Jew comment got some momentum in the news, although personally I don't think it was bad enough to matter. Sooner or later though, he's gonna really go off on Jews and white people. I can't wait because it's time for the plug to be pulled brehs. I was fine with Yeezus and the rants, but that Sway interview was the final straw. Dude is going to destroy his life big time.

That's what I think too. He's gonna get Mel Gibson'd by the showbiz.

Esch

Banned

Yep, like I said, 2-3 more interviews. This moron is going to Silicon Valley parties at Jobs' widow's house and saying shit like "i'm the next Steve Jobs". He really does think that he's the modern day Leonardo Da Vinci and a legion of whites and jews are holding him back in every industry possible. It's even gone past the fashion thing, where his hypocrisy was easy to spot because he did have a shot at the big runway (which most people never get, of course). His card is about to get pulled hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom