• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's be hilarious to witness a Pharell breakdown, but I don't think he has It in him.

pnus7hz

First of all I'd like to thank god. Second I'd like to thank my whole entire GAF-Hop family. I'd like to tell Peterboy to keep his guards up, we riding for him. One more thing I'd like to say: any poster out there wants to be a poster, and want to stay a star, and don't want to have to worry about a mod being...all in the DJ booth, all on the mixtapes, changing poster's names, come to GAF-Hop.

cryptic

This Team Eastside vs. Doughboyz Cashout "beef" in Detroit might lead to a murder knowing how it has to be in the D.
Crazy, doughboyz just got put on to Jeezy's label too and Icewear Vezzo put out some pretty tuff shit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
As a Jew myself, kanyes comments didn't offend me or upset me but they definitely made me raise an eyebrow. It was one of those comments that makes you pause what you are doing and start listening because you can feel something actually offensive might get said next.

As a Jew myself, kanyes comments didn't offend me or upset me but they definitely made me raise an eyebrow. It was one of those comments that makes you pause what you are doing and start listening because you can feel something actually offensive might get said next.

It's the Chris Rock rule. If you hear a white guy talking shit about Jews, you know he's gonna start hurling the n word next. Likewise if you hear a black guy talking shit about white people, you know he's gonna go into an anti-Semite rant next.

What does gaf-hop think about MMLP 2?
I'm not going to say that it shouldn't have been called MMLP2 since it tied into MMLP often but it shouldn't have been called MMLP2.

It just doesn't live up to the original MMLP. There are some nice stuff there but other than that, it's a mediocre album in my opinion.

I definitely like it more than Relapse, though. That might not be saying much at all, but yeah.

JohnDoe

Banned
via Fashion Genius

Page Six is reporting that Kanye will land a cool $10 million for his line with Adidas. He only made 10 to 20 cents on the dollar for sales with his Nike deal, in addition to a “small” personal stash for friends and family.

During his Yeezus tour on Wednesday, he went off on Nike again:

"Do you know who the head of Nike is? No, well let me tell you who he is: His name is Mark Parker, and he just lost culture. Everyone at Nike, everyone at Nike, Mark Parker just let go of culture."

hahahaha

Esch

Banned
lmao im finally watching this Sway interview and Kanye's calling himself shakespeare medici family etc and Sway has the most like "dude what the hell is wrong with this....." look on his face

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can we please get Alc and Currensy again? Fuck.

Alc is on Oxy too, right?
Alc did multiple tracks for Oxy, who knows how many made it though. Alc was hyping up Oxy months ago, saying he did a banger with Q that will probably end up being the biggest of his career.

lmao im finally watching this Sway interview and Kanye's calling himself shakespeare medici family etc and Sway has the most like "dude what the hell is wrong with this....." look on his face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grMSA5WlN8s

Notice how he says "I am Shakespeare in the flesh, Walt Disney." Almost like it replaces the word "nahmean" or even "nicca." So my brother and I have been using it in our conversations.

ie "sup my Walt Disney"

Esch

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grMSA5WlN8s

Notice how he says "I am Shakespeare in the flesh, Walt Disney." Almost like it replaces the word "nahmean" or even "nicca." So my brother and I have been using it in our conversations.

ie "sup my Walt Disney"

so lame how he goes from jumping down Sway's throat on some classist shit and claiming to be his superior to some "ohh yeah bro i understand you, yeah we're all slaves" apologizing etc. What a fuck boy.

JohnDoe

Banned
so lame how he goes from jumping down Sway's throat on some classist shit and claiming to be his superior to some "ohh yeah bro i understand you, yeah we're all slaves" apologizing etc. What a fuck boy.

Ever notice how he never makes eye contact with Sway when he yells at him? What a pussy.

Edit:
What's up with the name change, PD? :O

I still don't get why people love that Gibbs verse in here and put on some kinda pedestal. It never stood out to me then, and doesn't stand out to me now.

The same reason all of Gibbs' best tracks work: He's flowing. He can take beats and make them better simply by how he rides them. It sounds effortless.

What does gaf-hop think about MMLP 2?

There are MAYBE 7 or 8 tracks that I wouldn't skip if they pop up on shuffle out of 20. It's not a good album. And even those 7-8 tracks are mostly just "okay."

Damn. Thats generous

Rhyme or Reason, Brainless, Evil Twin, Baby, Groundhog Day, Wicked Ways. So more like 6.

Bad Guy is boring until 4 minutes in, and So Much Better has slight 2003 mixtape Em vibes so it's a maybe.

I just want to stress that I'm not actually revisiting any of these tracks, they're just what I'd deem "Not terrible." The album isn't even top 20 this year.

PBY

Banned
Rhyme or Reason, Brainless, Evil Twin, Baby, Groundhog Day, Wicked Ways. So more like 6.

Bad Guy is boring until 4 minutes in, and So Much Better has slight 2003 mixtape Em vibes so it's a maybe.

I just want to stress that I'm not actually revisiting any of these tracks, they're just what I'd deem "Not terrible." The album isn't even top 20 this year.

Word.

I'm liking that Vampsterdam btw- did HRD ever chime in w the opinion?

Kanye did a bunch of interviews this month and barely looked anyone in the eyes, it wasn't just Sway. You can tell he has limited tolerance for black men talking to him face to face. Dude always looking like some black kid who never met his dad.

JohnDoe

Banned
He always looks like he's seriously on the verge of tears whenever someone disagrees with him as well.

My brother said the same thing. Dude has some serious issues. Once he loses his fame and status he's going to become depressed as fuck.

Dereck

Kanye did a bunch of interviews this month and barely looked anyone in the eyes, it wasn't just Sway. You can tell he has limited tolerance for black men talking to him face to face. Dude always looking like some black kid who never met his dad.
I'm sure I wasn't the only one that noticed that. The fuck is going with Kanye?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Envy don't count?

More shade at light skinned brothas huh. I see you PPD.

Kanyes always been a shy awkward dude

Creative gawd.
Yeah, even his interviews with white girls/black girls on some of the smaller stations, he's always just in his own world when he tries to talk. Nothing different here.

I don't get where people are saying he looks like he's about to cry either. Dude looks like if he did look at the person directly, he'd knock 'em out. I mean dude clearly has emotion regulation issues, but he doesn't look like he's about to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom