• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone else have Kiss Land as their AOTY? It kinda just stays on repeat in my car. I wish it was better whip music, but damn, I sing along like a damn fool anyways.

Top Ten, but not AOTY. I hope Abel flips his sound on it's head with whatever his next album ends up being. Can only sing about dark rooms, the morning after and exes for so long.

Recon

Banned
Top Ten, but not AOTY. I hope Abel flips his sound on it's head with whatever his next album ends up being. Can only sing about dark rooms, the morning after and exes for so long.

Maybe it is the adderall fiend in me, but Kiss Land(the song) cemented him as being my favorite RnB artist out right now.

codhand

The most striking thing is the white guy. His ONLY job is to basically croon adlib and he's still off key lmao

im thinkin it must be his boy

either way, dude is making serious paper to croon off key

PP can we talk about how your Lions have a better record than the vikings? is all hope lost for me??

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Anyone else have Kiss Land as their AOTY? It kinda just stays on repeat in my car. I wish it was better whip music, but damn, I sing along like a damn fool anyways.

Top 3 for me. It's a great album even for non RnB fans like me. It's been a shitty year for music, so they helps but it would be top 10-5 in most years regardless

Cudder

it might be. the only song I don't really like is Live For, but even then I don't skip it. Kiss Land sits nicely alongside HoB as his best work IMO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gaf is so weird when it comes to music policy. Mods did not like when we wanted to have a mix exchange on soundcloud, but month early album leaks are a-ok.
What is this in reference to?

Mix exchanges aren't okay? Did Blackace commit sudoku?

codhand

god the back half of 2013 is stacked!

dr dre detox
jay electronica
doom x ghost
kool g rap x chino xl

i really hope that saafir xzibit ras kass golden state warriors album, doesnt get overshadowed in all of this

Esch

Banned
Where are you guys pulling this GZA shit from? Your asses? some dark alternate universe where the Wii U is worth buying? IrishNinja's twitter?

codhand

some dark alternate universe where the Wii U is worth buying?

:_(

IDVFmrh.jpg

[gasp]i cant breath...

<==lego city defense force

im thinkin it must be his boy

either way, dude is making serious paper to croon off key

PP can we talk about how your Lions have a better record than the vikings? is all hope lost for me??

Ponder sucks, that's really what it boils down to. Maybe Cassel can turn things around.

Lions aren't good either IMO...

CRS

Gaf is so weird when it comes to music policy. Mods did not like when we wanted to have a mix exchange on soundcloud, but month early album leaks are a-ok.

Maybe admins will allow the mixes by making the mix a one single track/file. It's probably the aspect of sharing/downloading various individual copyrighted tracks that borders into the file sharing terrain.

No one shares album leaks. What occurs is the discussion of the album and usually it starts by someone mentioning a leak in a thread. It's a gray area because only discussion of the album is (should) happen in a thread, not sharing of the album. The worse it ever got was the MBDTF thread and after that, people got the message that asking for links and sharing links are bannable offenses. There was a junior in here that got banned (hopefully not permanently) for temporarily posting a link with downloads to Drake's new album. He edited it out but since mods can view previous edits, he was still caught.

Still, that's a bummer especially since it's a staple with ElectronicGAF.

new slaves is already getting sampled so soon? dope beat. joaquin phoenix great actor and potentially good producer.

edit: or resample. perhaps kanye did use joaquin phoenix's beat for his own project and then also gave it to pusha t and tweaked it.

overcast

At work when Push drops the fuego. Of course.

Man, people should have got more turned up during Hemsworths set. Some were, but I was surprised a lot of people left. Maybe because it was a DJ set and at a club as opposed to a concert venue? So a lot of people looking to dance and getting trap like stuff.

kamspy

I thought Phoenix seemed really sincere about hip hop in that documentary. I never bought that it was "satire".

Makes sense that Kanye would give him a legit shot in an industry that won't accept him considering all the shit he gets in the fashion industry when he's genuinely into it.

I approve. Joaquim seems like a really cool guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom