• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Phoenix seemed really sincere about hip hop in that documentary. I never bought that it was "satire".

Makes sense that Kanye would give him a legit shot in an industry that won't accept him considering all the shit he gets in the fashion industry when he's genuinely into it.

I approve. Joaquim seems like a really cool guy.

his voice was suited to country or a rock band after the success of that johnny cash movie. not to mention general public still generally views rap music as a kid's fad joke genre (fuck 'em). so when he mentioned getting into hip hop of course he got laughs.

Alright brehs, GTA San Andreas or GTA V?

san andreas might have been more varied due to the amount of cities it had. but i like the main characters in gta v a lot more. they're both the best open world games of their respective gen.

DominoKid

^ they got metrics and models and shit i guess.

Alright brehs, GTA San Andreas or GTA V?

V. I like the characters more. I thought the 3 character thing was ambitious and I didn't expect that I would end up loving all 3. Plus Lamar.
And it's flat out the most fun I've had w/ the series.

SA is a classic though.

Esch

Banned
I'm a huge clipse hater but King Push is pretty dope. Pusha shamelessly copy pasting that Travis $cott / Ye sound but it works.

Cudder

^ they got metrics and models and shit i guess.

V. I like the characters more. I thought the 3 character thing was ambitious and I didn't expect that I would end up loving all 3. Plus Lamar.
And it's flat out the most fun I've had w/ the series.

SA is a classic though.

The Franklin/Lamar thing is way overstated. CJ and OG Loc basically had a way better relationship, plus OG Loc shits all over Lamar as a character.

I'm a huge clipse hater but King Push is pretty dope. Pusha shamelessly copy pasting that Travis $cott / Ye sound but it works.

Well, Ye is the one who is giving him the beats so yeah....Travis Scott would have about 30 extra unneeded sounds and his terrible rapping so I'm fine with this. I think i may actually like this Pusha album more than anything Clipse has released

kamspy

King Push and Numbers on the Board are both fucking fire.

If there are any songs on the album better than those two, wow. Pusha might surprise me. Tracklist looks so awful though.

Esch

Banned
Well, Ye is the one who is giving him the beats so yeah....Travis Scott would have about 30 extra unneeded sounds and his terrible rapping so I'm fine with this. I think i may actually like this Pusha album more than anything Clipse has released

Travis Scott could have easily made that and you wouldn't have missed a beat, IMO. Either way, song's good.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
King Push and Numbers on the Board are both fucking fire.

If there are any songs on the album better than those two, wow. Pusha might surprise me. Tracklist looks so awful though.
It's looks fuckin awful, but yea King Push is gettin thrown on my "dank n donuts" playlist as soon as I rip it.

Those live drums on King Push...damn.

First thing to catch my ears. Live drums just get me hyped more than anything.

I was so disappointed with the live band version of collard greens. Shit could have been fire if done right but that shit got fucked up on Arsenio. I did a better rendition high as fuck on a cocktail kit.

So what do you guys think of LongLiveAsap after 10 months?

What do you think of Rocky in general?
I liked it for the most part. Great production. LVL was my favorite track off of it.
Still pretty damn good. I'm assuming it's Gold by now?

I thought Rocky would've been a bigger deal though.

Not when it leaks a month early haha. Everyone was tired of that shit by the time it actually came out.

overcast

Etch-a-sketch type shit.. other than Fa$hion Killa I pretty much dislike it.

Live.Love.ASAP is much better.
Wait... I think you're mistaken.
Still pretty damn good. I'm assuming it's Gold by now?

I thought Rocky would've been a bigger deal though.
I thought it went gold. He's kind of blown up, right?

Still a solid album, still prefer live love by a lot. The deluxe tracks should have replaced fashion killa and skrillex.

Esch

Banned
So what do you guys think of LongLiveAsap after 10 months?
Directionless but still some bangers. I think it'll still be in my top 10 i listened to it a lot solid swag album

What do you think of Rocky in general?

Whats to think? He's an empty, shallow shell of a human being. If any rapper thats big right now feels like an industry plant its him.

EDIT: FUCK YEAH NEW DJ SMOKEY

Recon

Banned
Whats to think? He's an empty, shallow shell of a human being. If any rapper thats big right now feels like an industry plant its him.

EDIT: FUCK YEAH NEW DJ SMOKEY

LOL I woudnt say all that. But, I do think he and Chance are either plants or had way more help in the industry than most.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Plant? King Aubrey is more of a plant than anything. Government wants people to pump babies out at a faster rate, so we get this whiny ass simp to influence the masses to produce more children and keep this war economy going with more boots on the ground and the manufacturing of munitions on a large scale.

It's all a big fuckin plan for America to bring upon the next world war so we can profit off of the nanotechnology that be introduced by "private" contractors in 2020.

Read between the lines breh.

Yeah I been drinkin, it's beer Fridays at work and we can take bottles onto the private bus that drives us back to the city

Esch

Banned
Listening to LLA again right now. This album kinda bumps hard, especially if you're a little drunk and trying to turn up

dat Goldie--->PMW---->Levels run

i6NU4aGGCqmf9.gif

Esch

Banned
ASAP fruited these songs up too much. He could have just done a slightly trappier version of his LiveLove steez and shit would have blown up.
When your weed carrier crushes your debut album it's time to go back to the drawing boards.

Pretty much. I'm assuming thats why we aint heard shit from him in ages.

Esch

Banned
Jodye and The SGP diss are hell underrated though.

The album seems to have a lot of subjective high points to me (a lot of people seem to like a range of joints on it from what i can see) and that's good. it also just has a bunch of songs that register on the who gives a fuck meter. If he trimmed the fat from this it would have been received much better. I've honestly kinda come around on Fuckin Problems, its a stupid song but the beat is pretty cold and it has quotables.

HiResDes

I hope I never have to listen to Fuckin Problems ever again, the radio and clubs played that shit out...Well it was pretty much played out right from the start.

mooooose

Goldie, LVL, PMW, Long Live ASAP, Ghetto Symphony, and Angels are all great. Wild for the Night and Jodye were ok.

If Thuggin Noise, Freeze, and Purple Kisses were on the album instead of some of the other stuff like Pain and Hell, it would be a better album.

mooooose

Wild for Night is so fucking garbage, and the beat alone on Jodye makes your statement irrational.

Wild for the Night is good for what it is, it actually excels at what it is. Jodye has the most amazing beat, GOAT but it just isn't that great lyrically or in flow, and it doesn't knock the way it did live. Live it was just amazing.

mooooose

Girls like Wild for the Night and it's not horrible, I don't see the beef. It's really not any worse than Fuckin Problems. Fuckin Problems is better I guess, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom