• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Is this your first one? That's kinda surprising. I didnt really fuck with em back in the day because they make me couchlocked and then straight comatose.

Esch

Banned
These lord steppington beats
jrOKyIU6qjHKo.png

Marci's feature was crazy too... loving it so far. PD might be right about Alc's run. He can do no wrong, friends.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't know Alchemist and Evidence were Step Brothers. Might give it a listen since I've enjoyed Alc/Dilated Peoples collabs.

The only frustrating thing is the mixing on See The Rich Man Play. The vocal sample is too loud and kinda interferes with the rapping. Still, that song is straight fire. Roc Marci can't be stopped.

Esch is right, this is the type of shit the "underground" needs to be rapping over, especially NY artists.

Esch

Banned
Kismet/eXquire are frustrating. On one hand he's an obviously talented emcee but his projects are not... well managed. They dont feel cohesive at all, and they always outstay their welcome to me.

overcast

Her is beautiful. Top 3 movie of the year
Yup. Movie is fantastic in almost every way. Phoenix is the man.

Amazon prime is going to help so much with these books this semester. Love that shit so much.

What are your favorite opening lines? One of the best from illmatic:
"I rap for listeners, blunt heads, fly ladies and prisoners Hennessey holders and old school ninjas"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Second season of BET x URLs UFF first round match ups have been released. Last year the winner got a spot on Summer Madness 3 so I imagine something similar here.

Ty Law vs Prez Mafia
Danny Myers vs Ah Di Boom
Sno vs HA Double
Jay Rell vs KG The Poet

They also said they're increasing the production values and giving people more time to prepare (2 days for 3 battles last year was crazy) so it should be good. Personally I liked last year's lineup better, but I like some dudes here. I got Ty Law, Danny Myers, Sno and KG winning the first rounds.

Also UW High Stakes is this weekend, get hype!
for restreams

PlayDat

I listened to both Kismet and the Power & Passion EP for the first time last year. Kismet is still pretty fresh to me but I think I preferred P&P (Telephuck
HePwd7F.png
).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is this your first one? That's kinda surprising. I didnt really fuck with em back in the day because they make me couchlocked and then straight comatose.

nah, not my first one, but from what the guy told me they changed up their process and dosage size in the particular kind I bought.

felt like I had a sumo sitting on top of my chest while I watched Her. It wasn't suffocating, very cozy and lucid. That movie was beautiful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lolololololol at all these big matches going down outside of URL. Smack is fuckin up.
That particular event is a collaboration event between GO-RILLA and URL IIRC. I'm not sure what that means, but in the past they have gotten GO-RILLA to host eventswith them and then they put the footage out on their channel. The names they have on there make me believe it will be like that, no way GO-RILLA can afford that ish. It looks stacked as fuck though, I agree.

I need NOME 4 news. My guess is Clips vs. Hollow will headline unless they push that to Summer Madness 4 and push Clips vs. Tay Roc to NOME 4. It's a good year to be a Hollow fan, we will be getting Hollow vs. Lux in a week, Hollow vs. Dizaster on KOTD probably soon, and Hollow vs. Clips on URL, and if we're lucky, Hollow vs. Arsonal rematch on Don't Flop.

Anyone down for battle rap plug tonight?

Esch

Banned
That particular event is a collaboration event between GO-RILLA and URL IIRC. I'm not sure what that means, but in the past they have gotten GO-RILLA to host eventswith them and then they put the footage out on their channel. The names they have on there make me believe it will be like that, no way GO-RILLA can afford that ish. It looks stacked as fuck though, I agree.

I need NOME 4 news. My guess is Clips vs. Hollow will headline unless they push that to Summer Madness 4 and push Clips vs. Tay Roc to NOME 4. It's a good year to be a Hollow fan, we will be getting Hollow vs. Lux in a week, Hollow vs. Dizaster on KOTD probably soon, and Hollow vs. Clips on URL, and if we're lucky, Hollow vs. Arsonal rematch on Don't Flop.

Anyone down for battle rap plug tonight?
im down. play some classics for me

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Never really felt like Evidence or Alchemist ever really made Cali records. Just brighter sounding east coast shit.

Don't get it twisted...Dilated Peoples had a west coast vibe to em just like the Liks...

Omzz

really diggin acid rap. once you get over chance's voice it clicks. got some chill ass beats too

lean all on the squaareee that's a fuckin rhombuss. lol i love that line for some reason

T Dollarz

Yeah I tried to do a top 10 and it's just impossible. I wrote down all the 2013 albums/tapes on my iphone on a piece of paper that I love and I'm just staring at like 50 names. I listen to way too much music in a year to dwindle it down to just 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom