• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musical Taste:

Pick a coast to rep - West
Favorite Artist - Outkast
Best feature killer - 2 Chainz
Andre 3000
Favourite producer - At the moment it's DJ Dahi
Favourite album - Aquemini
What's in your playlist right now? - Danny Brown, Isaiah Rashad, Q, Kendrick, Run the Jewels

GAF-Hop Discusses:

Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF, LR, Yeezus, CD, Graduation, 808s
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Raekwon
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Raekwon
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Nah he's made tons of great records since then
Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas
Jay-Z
Biggie or Pac? Pac
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Haven't bothered listening to him
How do you feel about Macklemore? I think he makes great songs however a lot of his fans do suffer from the "I hate rap music but I love [white rapper]" thing. But that's not his fault lol
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? Jay Electronica

By the way you guys are sleeping on Cilvia

Welcome to GAFHOP and Cilvia is pretty dope I've been bumping it all week.

filler

Banned
X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA!

DMX Wants The Zimmerman Fight Now
DMX says he'll be jailed if promoters allow him to step in a boxing ring with George Zimmerman ... because he'd break every boxing rule in the book -- then piss on his face.

The 43-year old rapper tells TMZ ... he's throwing his name out as a potential opponent for George's upcoming celebrity boxing gig -- just like The Game -- and says he wants to do it for "every black person who has been done wrong in the system."

DMX adds, "I am going to beat the living f**k out him … I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I f**k him right up."

DMX says, "Once I am done with him, I am going to whip my d**k out and piss on him ... right in his muthaf**kin face."

He adds, "Zimmerman is a piece of s**t and that’s what he needs to drink."

We're guessing George won't take him up on the offer.

Read more: DMX -- I'll Piss on George Zimmerman's Face | TMZ.com

Esch

Banned
Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas
Jay-Z

Welcome, friend

iuwNXO68LyFiP.gif

effzee

What do you guys think about Jon Connor? I haven't seen him mentioned around here before.

Only song of his I heard was his work with some D12 dude and other Detroit rapper on a big upping Detroit song.

I realize how fucking imprecise that description is. But yeah he was really good on it. Looking forward to his work which I assume should be a full major label album this year.

EDIT: found it -> http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/11/07...nish-f-jon-connor-boldy-james-guilty-simpson/

Forgot how much I enjoyed that song

Only song of his I heard was his work with some D12 dude and other Detroit rapper on a big upping Detroit song.

I realize how fucking imprecise that description is. But yeah he was really good on it. Looking forward to his work which I assume should be a full major label album this year.

EDIT: found it -> http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/11/07...nish-f-jon-connor-boldy-james-guilty-simpson/

Forgot how much I enjoyed that song

He's done a mixtape which is just him rapping over a bunch of beats from Eminem songs:

Role Model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jchsmABgI
Till I Collapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY-CmKzbqqk

And this other song he did is pretty good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNvYrG5z0w

I'm looking forward to his debut with Aftermath

^ Yeah people on Coli are calling Chance an industry plant because of that

Thug is gonna be the next popular trap guy in 2014. It was Migos in 2013, Keef in a 2012, Chainz in 2011. The saga continues.

Yup, plus weird is the in thing now. I have only heard Stoner at parties down here though, I'm assuming eventually it will hit radios too. Prefer Donald Glover myself

Detox

People really giving Jay the win? Acting like they fucking his wife and got a joint account with him.

Face it only one man cried out of the ring, and only man's mother told him to apologise to the GOD MC.

effzee

He's done a mixtape which is just him rapping over a bunch of beats from Eminem songs:

Role Model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jchsmABgI
Till I Collapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY-CmKzbqqk

And this other song he did is pretty good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNvYrG5z0w

I'm looking forward to his debut with Aftermath

^ Yeah people on Coli are calling Chance an industry plant because of that

Nice thanks!

Hope Aftermath works out for him. We all know with Detox dropping later this year they might not be pushing any other project out with the same marketing blitz.

Esch

Banned
Yup, plus weird is the in thing now. I have only heard Stoner at parties down here though, I'm assuming eventually it will hit radios too. Prefer Donald Glover myself

Yea, I mean I'm subscribed to Noisey and all that shit. Thug is getting trap audience play and rec from the hipsters so he'll probably do pretty well. Then again whoever has that spot is kinda unpredictable. For example I had no idea who migos was until last year, so you never know I guess.

Isn't toku from Jamaica? Do y'all even enjoy hamburgaaa?

Also if lil Wayne is gay he's been putting up an amazing front considering he has like 4 baby mommas

Meek Mill ft. Jadakiss - Heaven or Hell video.

Lupe Fiasco - THOT97. I feel this weird, ironic mocking thing by Lupe isn't working. He got really envious of the trap sound and has been trying to integrate it more and more into his own stuff.

He doesn't know how to make good songs, basically - and is resentful of his lack of success. Type Of Way is a good song, I'm Different is a good song, etc. You don't need to be super lyrical to make something work. Sometimes a bit of dumb wit ("I wish a nicca would like a kitchen table) or an interesting reference is all you need.

effzee

He doesn't know how to make good songs, basically - and is resentful of his lack of success. Type Of Way is a good song, I'm Different is a good song, etc. You don't need to be super lyrical to make something work. Sometimes a bit of dumb wit ("I wish a nicca would like a kitchen table) or an interesting reference is all you need.

Holy blanket hyperbole statements.

He doesn't know how to make good mainstream radio songs which yes does get him frustrated especially because of his label isses. But his first 2 albums were full of good to great songs. Even F&L II had some really good songs.

And lets be real if Lupe made something like I'm Different, exactly how it is, people would be clowning him for dumbing it down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

He doesn't know how to make good mainstream radio songs which yes does get him frustrated especially because of his label isses. But his first 2 albums were full of good to great songs. Even F&L II had some really good songs.

And lets be real if Lupe made something like I'm Different, exactly how it is, people would be clowning him for dumbing it down.
Lupe has and continues to have good mainstream songs. Even the Lasers single was crazy big.

He just doesn't know how to make good trap songs. Ever since he went crazy he's been showing love to the trap and EDM worlds and tried to jump on board with new trends even though he came up being pretty prideful and representing a holier than thou niche of rap. So him easing back on this, getting on trap beats while still throwing pot shots from that holier than thou pedestal makes it very conflicting in the eyes on fans and he deserves to be clowned. Because he's the one who was adamant against the dumb it down shit.

Esch

Banned
As an ardent longtime lupe hater of many years youre buggin if you think he cant make a hit. Old School Love is still getting great play. I think hes just one of those guys whose cornball personalities/philosophies are getting in the way of their hit making ability, like Cudi or Nas.

I wouldn't clown him if he made something as good as I'm Good.

Lupe has good songs, the point is that he can't make singles unless it's essentially a reference track (most recently The Show Must Go On).

In some ways he's really like Nas. You can tell he doesn't "get it" with respect to making a good sounding single unless you hand him a track with the chorus done already and tell him to drop a couple verses.

coldvein

Banned
I wouldn't clown him if he made something as good as I'm Good.

Lupe has good songs, the point is that he can't make singles unless it's essentially a reference track (most recently The Show Must Go On).

In some ways he's really like Nas. You can tell he doesn't "get it" with respect to making a good sounding single unless you hand him a track with the chorus done already and tell him to drop a couple verses.

nothin wrong with that.

Esch

Banned
It's not really Lupe exclusively who can't make a hit in 2014 without crossing over. The last person to do it was Mackaronimoore, then prolly what, like? Black and Yellow back in '10? Mainstream just isn't messing with hip hop like that anymore.

Yeaaaa

overcast

Chance is annoying as hell dawg. I'm glad you changed your avy
Lmao. He has annoying potential, but he makes good music. Not fucking with him/James Blake shit.

I feel like hip-hop is still hugeee I'm the 18-26 year old group. College parties are exclusively rap. Mainstream is considered what, teens? If so, I'll agree. Less hold now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom