• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Definitely looking like a 3/5 type album, which somehow makes the top ten because 3/4s of GAF-Hop doesn't vote, and the rest of GAF isn't willing to put in the work to listen to an album that isn't easily and immediately accessible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got Kanye West. Swag.

You’re a brilliant visionary with impeccable taste. Your only problem is that you need to relax and accept that not everyone recognizes your amazing talent.

Danse - Bang for my N***as.

Big Boi x Blue Oyster Cult ft. Big K.R.I.T. & UGK – GossipZilla.

9th Wonder on Juan Epstein.

Kanye's working on Keef's new mixtape.

247718.jpg

overcast

Why do rappers even bother with Skrillex? Doesn't make sense to me. Dude is a cornball through and through, and he makes obviously weak music.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I hate chance the rapper

I don't care about him enough to hate him, he's just a watered down version of wyclef based on never have being exposed to a really talented rapper such as lauryn. the second he has that epiphany that "I'm really not that talented of a rapper" his music will get better because he'll try harder to compensate.

Esch

Banned
I don't care about him enough to hate him, he's just a watered down version of wyclef based on never have being exposed to a really talented rapper such as lauryn. the second he has that epiphany that "I'm really not that talented of a rapper" his music will get better because he'll try harder to compensate.
Feel the same way. Also when he grows up and realizes drugs are dumb. Honestly his boy Vic Mensa annoys me more because of his unoriginality, another wack Drake ripoff.

Esch

Banned
Why would y'all even ask the question lol? These dudes want crossover money. Kinda strange seeing people give the '???' about someone working with Skrillex but then dapping up Bieber ft. Chance songs.

Macca

Took that rapper test earlier and I ended up getting Lil B
I'm laughing at the fact that "Man of the Year" isn't even on Oxymoron
and why would any rapper want to work with the dubstep master?
I'm laughing at the fact you can't read :p

And Skrillex is big, and Wild for the Night went gold, of course dudes wanna jump on that money train.

overcast

Why would y'all even ask the question lol? These dudes want crossover money. Kinda strange seeing people give the '???' about someone working with Skrillex but then dapping up Bieber ft. Chance songs.
Chance is trying hard as hell to blow big time. So, I can see that. I'm definitely not dapping the shit collabs, but if he makes a good debut I'll be fine. He can do whatever on the side. Still don't see why he's so intent on collaborating with James Blake, crossover or w/e, but Blake isn't that interesting anymore. Last album was one of my biggest letdowns of 2013, loved his first album though.

Q features could be worse. He's got a lot of west artists on there which is dope. Tyler and 2 Chainz are concerning.

Even though they both make songs that bump, who needed a 2 Chainz/Q song? Feel like the samples cut out a few tracks for sure.

Dude was really laughing to himself about something he misread lol

Chance is extremely young to be where he's positioned. Already way ahead of Tyler (lol).

Chance is coming up really quickly but he isn't in anyway ahead of Tyler. Tyler's already having carnivals and shit, having Kanye West coming out to his shows, world tours and etc.

Plus Tyler get to eat off of all the other OF acts. (Mainly Earl & Frank)

Cudder

just finished up Season 6 of The Shield. this show has way too much filler per episode. fuck these B side cases of the day, man.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not impressed. Was hoping for another Kendrick feature since Collard Greens is trash. Also no Danny or ASAP? Gangster is so blah, I hope they changed it a bit; same with Hell Of A Night.

3/5 type album.

I don't know... that tracklisting looks pretty nice to me.

If the Jay Rock and 2 Chainz songs go we could have a good album to start the year

just finished up Season 6 of The Shield. this show has way too much filler per episode. fuck these B side cases of the day, man.

Those side cases are always interesting to me, if it was just 12 episodes of Mackey saying 'money train money train' it would have gotten old fast

Anyways season 7 dude.....damn

codhand

Wait, really? Alec Baldwin was gonna be in Boardwalk? Or did I miss something?

My one problem with Boardwalk is that I can't take Buscemi serious as a mob boss.

After sopranos it made it harder for me to take him seriously as the boss. But he does fine. Besides the real strengths of this show are in it's GOAT supporting cast

Also chance is lame as hell, that song with skillex gonna be so bad

At least with the Justin Bieber one you could fool yourself into thinking you're hearing a frank ocean b side or some shit

Tokubetsu

After sopranos it made it harder for me to take him seriously as the boss. But he does fine. Besides the real strengths of this show are in it's GOAT supporting cast

Show has been more of an ensemble show since mid-late s2. By s4 it's common to go halfway through an ep without seeing his character.

For those who care...Blu - Soul Amazing pt. 2
True to his word, Blu makes his return today with part two of his Soul Amazing mixtape series. After coming through with 44 classic Blu joints, 3 weeks ago, we now get 33 more to digest. Mixed by DJ Indjnous, we get features from Co$$, Sene, Mainframe, MED, Asher Roth, Talib Kweli, Travis Barker, Inspectah Deck, Homeboy Sandman, Freddie Gibbs, Bilal, Pac Div, Theophilus London, Exile, Andy Allo, Jack Davey, and many more. We all complain wishing we’d get more releases from Blu, but this series really highlights how much word this dude has put in in a relatively short amount of time. Get Part two, below, and look for part three, coming soon.
http://www.okayplayer.com/news/blu-soul-amazing-part-two-mp3.html#.UvAsRvuGOSq

Nah, I'm good. 33 new Blu songs? Nah. Nope.

Same. I'll stream a few but I just can't put myself through it again.

I remember when Blu was pretty much what Kendrick is now, not in terms of success but moreso in terms of being "that dude" to a lot of heads. He was unquestionably the best new rapper to be back in 2006, the guy I thought was just levels ahead of everyone. Same with Jay Elec in 2007.

So glad those years are long gone. Hip hop is in such a better place overall right now, to the point where if one person doesn't release an album it has little impact on the overall year's quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom