• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Travy la flame shd be producer and rookie of the year

Sorry tokus
Very close with Mike WiLL. WiLL just has done more and "bigger" songs.

But yeah, also acceptable. Scott has been killing it. I really debated putting him as producer of the year, he's been too damn consistent.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
POSTERS OF THE YEAR AWARDS:
Best poster of the Year: wenis; for his godly contributions to the photoshop game
Worst poster of the Year: CountBlackule; not a bad kid just kinda dumb
Best rookie of the Year: Naw; never posts but plugs frequently and is awesome

da king, da god... i got ideas that i need time for. get ready.

Esch

Banned
Mike WiLL kinda produced a lot of bullshit in 2013 too. He scaled back the street side of his producing, the best side, and did a lot of miley cyrus jams and other shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bf54295e8a0911e3aba81226014e1ecb_8.jpg

The second announced album is AG Da Coroner’s “Sip the Nectar”. As Coroner reveals in the newsletter, the production will be handled by Statik Selektah, Alchemist, ATG, Stu Bangas, MTK, Harry Fraud, Nappanott And Pirate, DJ Uneek, Bartenders and a few other surprising names.

As for the features, AG sides with his hometown fellow artists.

““I worked with the family...Meyhem Lauren, J-Love, Action Bronson, Roc Marci, Lord Nez, Realm Reality, Sean Price, Smoke Dza, Boogz Boogetz, Knowledge The Pirate, Illa Ghee, Twin Gambino, Bodega Bamz, Ransom...maybe a few surprises in store as well,” he says.
http://hiphoplt.com/man-bites-dog-records-to-release-new-ag-da-coroner-and-playdough-albums

Can't wait.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Trash. The only decent thing about any of this is Kanye taking L of the year and The Night's Gambit being in the top ten. This is like a KTT list. Happy I didnt vote.

ibgF3K3VNXv2sy.gif

Every year this happens. I told y'all this would happen. It's motherfucking February. Shit needs to happen end of December. Nobody gives a fuck about 2013 when they're looking at Valentines Day 2014.

Next year we should do:

-Individual top tens or however many.

-All albums listed on peoples top tens/twentys are compiled.

-Randomized brackets so albums go head to head and people vote which is better between the two. It's a longer process that would require more involvement and coordination.

I'd spearhead, hell, we could do it with 2013 releases for shits and giggles. Could be fun.

Gorillaz

Revolt for awhile was looking like a "repackaging" of Badboy. IN fact I thought it was at first suppose to be a transition

whatever happened tho, at least one person is getting out of that better then everyone else
p_diddy_1.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The people that didn't vote are the biggest part of the problem.

I wanted to vote but I honestly didn't listen to a full album from start to finish other than Old and Trap Lord. Old was an amazing album and one of my favorite hip hop albums in the last 10 years, Trap Lord was solid, grimey ish. I just spent most of the year getting caught up on TDE stuff (Kendrick pre GKMC and Schoolboy Q) and my usual mixup of hip hop classics.

2014 is going to be much better hopefully, especially with Oxymoron kicking things off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Moris, I'm not exactly sure as to how making albums compete solves more issues than it creates when it comes to rankings, especially when such a thing relies so heavily on fanbases and subjectivity. I don't get it.

Tokubetsu

Fuck lists
Fuck matches
Fuck rankings

If people want to know what the best releases of a year were they can just come into the OT and ask.

Moris, I'm not exactly sure as to how making albums compete solves more issues than it creates when it comes to rankings, especially when such a thing relies so heavily on fanbases and subjectivity. I don't get it.

Well, participation was a problem I think. But 3 folks calling MMLP2 their AOTY forced it into the top 10 while only 6 people even listed it at all, weighted votes messed with the overall results a little.

The biggest problem would be keeping everyone interested for a couple days. even if the brackets were all set and you could do it all in one go....I'm not sure many would muster the time to go through it all and we could end up with an even more questionable list.

IrishNinja

Everyone with swag, check the Gaf-Hop Facebook for a special present.

again, much love

Next year we should do:

-Individual top tens or however many.

-All albums listed on peoples top tens/twentys are compiled.

-Randomized brackets so albums go head to head and people vote which is better between the two. It's a longer process that would require more involvement and coordination.

I'd spearhead, hell, we could do it with 2013 releases for shits and giggles. Could be fun.

i like it but your jim crow laws could discourage voting from minority sects

damn, M-m-maybach outlasts em? no one called that one

whatever happened tho, at least one person is getting out of that better then everyone else
p_diddy_1.gif

when you're willing to let artists do a bid for you, get killed, go bankrupt etc and they stay lining up to do so, you can go far in life

Fuck lists
Fuck matches
Fuck rankings

If people want to know what the best releases of a year were they can just come into the OT and ask.

but what it if'ts k-dot again tho

I listened to maybe a dozen albums in full this year

My album of the year for 2013 is orchestrated noise by maestro fresh Wes. Still consistently dope for almost 25 years and the true king of Canadian hip hop

Shoutout to light skinned Jewish dudes in wheelchairs

Cheddahz

Banned
I guess Mac DeMarco and Tyler are going to be working together soon.....please, I don't want this (Mac is one of my favorite artists right now)

BfR_StoCAAAGtgX.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom