• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo you a Dipset fan?
I'm in it for those flags.

Real rap though I want a dipset tee

Are you guys ready for #KillaCapeSeason?

camron-cape-450x450.jpg

beanman25

So happy guys!!

Found someone who will go with me to the Slaughterhouse show in Chicago on March 28th! Bought a VIP pass for them to bribe them, but still!

Pumped to see how they sound & to meet them!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I got introduced to Showyousuck via a Google Play free track promotion and hot damn, son. I feel like I've found a kindred spirit. I don't really know a whole hell of a lot about hip hop but I know what I like, and dude is hitting all the right notes.

It's funny. I'd bought Good kid Maad City and really enjoyed it and I download just about everything that goes free on Google Play so I was in a hip hop kinda mode and just grabbed his free track that's still available on there or @ https://soundcloud.com/closed-sessions/makeout-king-prod-by-the-hood and it was so catchy I just had to find the rest of his shit and I'm so glad I did.

If you dig raps about girls and pizza and SF2:CE and shit there's tons of good tracks at his soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/showyousuck

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oxymoron

1. Gangsta
2. Los Awesome (feat. Jay Rock)
3. Collard Greens (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
4. What They Want (feat. 2 Chainz)
5. Hoover Street
6. Studio (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid)
7. Prescription/Oxymoron
8. The Purge (feat. Tyler, The Creator & Kurupt)
9. Blind Threats (feat. Raekwon)
10. Hell of a Night
11. Break the Bank
12. Man of the Year
13. His & Her Friend (feat. Sza)
14. Grooveline Pt. 2 (feat. Suga Free)
15. Fuck LA

Late on this but I'm really interested to hear track 8 with Kurupt and Tyler. Kurupt is going to come in with that West Coast funk, but curious to see how Tyler fits into the track.

Have never heard of BJ the Chicago dude or Sza, only track I'm iffy on is the one with 2 Chainz but maybe he'll just provide the hook and that's it.

Awesome to see Suga Free on the album, but it makes me wish DJ Quik had a spot somewhere on the album.

Any idea on what the radio single will be?

Oxymoron track-list looks interesting hope it's a good west coast banger haven't had one of those in the mainstream in a minute.

Just looking at the tracklist I think that's what we'll get. Other than GKMC I think Chronic 2001 was the last mainstream west coast banger we've had from start to finish.

BJ and SZA are singers, they're just gonna be on hooks on those tracks.

Kurupt and Jay Rock features gonna be dope, best features of the album.

Any idea on what the radio single will be?

Just looking at the tracklist I think that's what we'll get. Other than GKMC I think Chronic 2001 was the last mainstream west coast banger we've had from start to finish.

Man of The Year is the radio single right now and The Documentary I'd say fits as the last great mainstream west coast banger before GKMC.

Have never heard of BJ the Chicago dude or Sza, only track I'm iffy on is the one with 2 Chainz but maybe he'll just provide the hook and that's it.

Listen to this BJ Chicago Kid track

You guys are losing your minds if you consider oxy mainstream. People gotta know who you are to be considered mainstream.

Did you get those Oxymoron tickets btw?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man of The Year is the radio single right now and The Documentary I'd say fits as the last mainstream west coast banger before GKMC.

I'm not a fan of The Game, but yeah The Documentary qualifies. Always disliked his flow and constant name dropping but it was popular back in high school.

images

HiResDes

Game's last mixtape OKE was a west coast banger, and will probably be worlds better than Oxymoron at this point. Ya'll should stop sleeping and hating.

Jesus Piece was nice too, Game been delivering on the low, Holy Water is fantastic!

He really is and I Remember is still super catchy I kinda liked Red but he really stepped up on Jesus Piece he's still got a ear for great beats and hasn't fallen off rapping wise. Hopefully Cash Money let's him do him and gives him a bigger marketing push for his next album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game has been delivering album after album, except for L.A.X. Even L.A.X. had awesome songs like Angel, Dope Boys, State of Emergency and My Life though.

Still hesitating to check out OKE even though I'm a huge Game fan, I'm almost sure out of those 19 tracks I'll only end up fucking with like 3, thats how it always goes with his tapes

HiResDes

Game has been delivering album after album, except for L.A.X. Even L.A.X. had awesome songs like Angel, Dope Boys, State of Emergency and My Life though.

Still hesitating to check out OKE even though I'm a huge Game fan, I'm almost sure out of those 19 tracks I'll only end up fucking with like 3, thats how it always goes with his tapes

Listen to OKE, it's better than anything Big Sean's ever made, that's for sure....

Jesus Piece was great, namedrops were kinda hilarious in some of the tracks but it was pretty solid too. Also Kendrick Lamar's verse on that >>>>overrated nosetalgia (this verse had great lyrics but damn man what annoying delivery)

Too bad Tank's hook on See No Evil fucking sucks I skip that song every-time I hear Jesus Piece.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wish the Trey Songz cut on Jesus Piece was shorter so it'd be listenable. I think that song has like 4 mediocre verses on it or something like that.

thicker than a biiiiibllllllleeeeeeeeeeee is so catchy.

Jesus Piece has some dope songs. Can't front on that intro, the track with Kendrick, and Ali Bombaye.

overall it's average as fuck, like everything Game touches without 50's guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom