• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Already played it three times. I'm going to try and hold off until a better quality comes out. Guess I'll listen to The 20/20 Experience in full until then haha.

Dereck

Y'all gonna peep that brand new HEAT ROCK Nelly just dropped today?

Nelly_-_M.O._Album_Cover.jpg

Drake-Laugh.gif

codhand

...who went commercial first?
who the one drinkin sprite, like obeyin they thirst

so my friend asked krs one about the sprite thing like cmon man, and krs said it was because he needed the loot for the Temple of Hip-Hop project,

so there you go, fun factoid. also i liked the beats on some of those sprite commercials, kool keith had his own i remember,

it's less Side A, Side B, more, Album One, Album Two

Esch

Banned
so my friend asked krs one about the sprite thing like cmon man, and krs said it was because he needed the loot for the Temple of Hip-Hop project,

Dead. Like going up to Nas and being like 'ey, by any chance do you remember saying you would never sell alcohol on MTV diary'
5I5s8.png

codhand

Dead. Like going up to Nas and being like 'ey, by any chance do you remember saying you would never sell alcohol on MTV diary'

haha true.

said friend is a local venue manager and said krs laughed about it, and did the whole, "oh no you didnt just put me on blast" thing

made it sound like krs genuinely gave pause before deciding he needed dat sprite money.

this friend definitely caught feelings when krs did the sprite ad originally so he was real bold with it, also he believes in aliens so there's that.....

krs has a better sense of humor than nas in a situation like that i suppose, again i using my nardwuar metric, nas was like an 8/10 cock to the guy

anecdotally im now recalling this friend also told me a story of a time when he and ghostface prevented an after party date rape situation from poppin off at the hot tub, it really leveled up my ghostface respect

mooooose

nah, dipset were the ones that popularized that stupid shit.

"yuhhh"

"dipset"

"whos ya boy"

"we really got it this time"

"Ima let the beat ride"

"heat"

"killa"

"cmon"

"ny"

"yea baby we back"

for like 40 seconds
oh no not about that, hell yea at that

but ur joke man it was wack

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Need that OLD LP pre-order already.

This is silly.

Preorder the album on iTunes for exclusive downloads of two tracks, and get the whole thing 10/8 (plus the “Dip” video!). Old will be available in-stores and on all digital services, and yes there will be vinyl too… stay tuned for a deluxe edition of the album on wax later this fall.

It's never coming.

HiResDes

Pre-ordered Old, listening now, on the third track, it's bonkers...But unless my audiophile-lite ears are deceiving me, the quality is kinda of ass. It must be a transcode.

Recon

Banned
haha true.

said friend is a local venue manager and said krs laughed about it, and did the whole, "oh no you didnt just put me on blast" thing

made it sound like krs genuinely gave pause before deciding he needed dat sprite money.

this friend definitely caught feelings when krs did the sprite ad originally so he was real bold with it, also he believes in aliens so there's that.....

krs has a better sense of humor than nas in a situation like that i suppose, again i using my nardwuar metric, nas was like an 8/10 cock to the guy

anecdotally im now recalling this friend also told me a story of a time when he and ghostface prevented an after party date rape situation from poppin off at the hot tub, it really leveled up my ghostface respect

Is that really that far out? I mean, do you really think that earth is the only planet in the universe with intelligent life? Or are you talking about little green men coming and anal probing people type aliens?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Is that really that far out? I mean, do you really think that earth is the only planet in the universe with intelligent life? Or are you talking about little green men coming and anal probing people type aliens?

Recon
Lupe's Angel

mooooose

I've been listening to a lot of Rakim all morning. Paid in Full is really good and still holds up, but if anyone did this exact album now... I guess the closest in Macklemore. But that shit was corny. No one could make an album like this and have it not be corny now.

Esch

Banned
I've been listening to a lot of Rakim all morning. Paid in Full is really good and still holds up, but if anyone did this exact album now... I guess the closest in Macklemore. But that shit was corny. No one could make an album like this and have it not be corny now.
Au contraire, I think the market is downright ready for someone to blow up on that positive riggity liggity type shit. The battle rap parts of that album will never be popular but I think people would be cool with 80s throwback rap. Thats why Berserk will get a lot of play round these parts (Eminem aside)

People are loving that 80s style shit right now why not rap? The mainstream got tired of tough guy murder rap like 7 years ago.

codhand

DannyBrownBruhBruh 43 points 7 minutes ago

i remember one time a domestic dispute was happening and homey shot is girlfriend in front of everybody on the block in the foot with a shotgun .. her toes was allover the street

[–]AnimusONLINE 42 points 39 minutes ago

Who's your favorite non hip-hop artist?

[–]DannyBrownBruhBruh 61 points 14 minutes ago

arcade fire bruh bruh

[–]timelord71 12 points 39 minutes ago
I absolutely loved XXX.

What were some of your inspirations for that album?

[–]DannyBrownBruhBruh 12 points 3 minutes ago

Joy Divisions Closer album

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Danny has fucked up priorities

Are there any reviewers that you're anticipating a review from?

[–]DannyBrownBruhBruh 14 points 11 minutes ago
ofcourse pitchfork and needledrop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom