• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitters

Kendrick might be the last great non-hipster rapper. Maybe The Illz, but I don't like him nearly as much as I like King Kendrick.

Danny will become the pitchfork poster child with this album.

e:DANNY SAID RIFF RAFF IS COOL

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
^

Also, who gives a damn? Cause he dropped one of the best albums of the year.

he should be excited for the GAF-Hop reviews that's who.

thx bruh bruh .. i just wanna make music as long as im living .. and i really like sufjan stevens

tumblr_m43pl6UXTR1r20536.gif

That Joaquin Phoenix/Kanye beat is too good for Pusha. Dude didn't do it justice. Regardless, I never thought I'd be remotely excited for a Pusha album, but I'm cautiously optomistic. I'd like to see him become something more than a coke-dealing Kanye underling.

Edit: "Old" is nice, but Side B is kind a let down, save for "Red 2 Go," compared to an excellent first half. Purity Ring bringing the heat, yet again. I can see that track being played at many a party.

CRS

At least seven tracks about gripping wood grain in a candy paint spaceship time machine confirmed.

It could be called "In the Confessional Booth with God" and it will still have tracks of him ghost ridin clean, old, and slow in a candy paint time machine slammin' doors.

It's expected.

I want an ATLiens album from him though and I think he could pull it off.
right now the Lakers would probably sign Ab-Soul. we struggling.

:( Next year, bruh.

Esch

Banned
It could be called "In the Confessional Booth with God" and it will still have tracks of him ghost ridin clean, old, and slow in a candy paint time machine slammin' doors.

It's expected.

I want an ATLiens album from him though and I think he could pull it off.
I want him to make an album of trippy shit like We Buy Gold and Money on the Floor. Leave this ambien self introspect behind and just make that syrup music. Ignant KRIT is best KRIT..

Lol @ NWTS. Been running the radio for years now and you can't put up Jay/Em/Wayne type #'s?

Esch

Banned
Run the rap game for years from a popularity and feature perspective only to potentially sell less than J Cole and Kanye at his least commercial, brehs

DominoKid

projected at 700k i think.

that 36% at 115k isnt something you can just chart out though. but if the numbers do end up following that pattern (and i don't think it will) then wow.

overcast

This was interesting from the Danny Brown AMA.

Hey Danny, I love what you've been doing the last few years, keep it up! Who do you see as your "peers" in today's music? Or maybe I could say it as, who out of the people releasing music now inspires you to push boundaries?

[–]DannyBrownBruhBruh 48 points 1 hour ago
GBE TDE A$AP Main Attrakionz Freddie Gibbs
and i think that last kanye album really inspired me cant wait to see what i do with my next album

codhand

the only person i know who likes drake heard the album and texted me "so drake is a rapper who makes R&B?"

i think his fans dont even know what to make of it

CRS

I assumed that album sales so far is linear to the percentage accounted for. I've never fucked with SalesGAF before. I was expecting 500k to 700k which makes a little more sense.
I want him to make an album of trippy shit like We Buy Gold and Money on the Floor. Leave this ambien self introspect behind and just make that syrup music. Ignant KRIT is best KRIT..

Lol @ NWTS. Been running the radio for years now and you can't put up Jay/Em/Wayne type #'s?

His albums have always had great pacing with the trunk bangers and the introspective cuts but what they don't have is cohesiveness. He achieved a little bit of that with 4Eva N A Day but to have that tight-knit concept album is something I've always wanted from him.

With all the material he's put out, he's practically created a menu where you can pick your own dishes but none of it sticks together. You have side dishes for a four course meal instead of having every dish from the appetizer to the dessert reflect on one another for a complete meal.

Cudder

Run the rap game for years from a popularity and feature perspective only to potentially sell less than J Cole and Kanye at his least commercial, brehs

these Esch "tips" are hilarious

also, Cadillactica? What happened to Mind Frame Elevators? That was a much better title .

Cudder

Damn so Danny Brown actually cleared customs and is in Toronto tomorrow night? And tickets are still available? Fuuuuck I might just hop on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom