• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Who is in your avatar?

xOQP1AI.jpg

Milana Vayntrub

Esch

Banned
Just watched that Yeezus rant on stage. That's one of the most femotional things i've ever witnessed.

Be distressed by a couple mostly no name radio hosts to the point of nearly crying on stage when you're a millionaire multiplat artist, brehs.

edit:

This spitta tape is smooth as shit. loving it already.

Stolen and Stove Top are great

Esch

Banned
Whew, Gibbs stole another track from Currensy

Everything's been good so far aside from E.T. which is long for no reason.

Curren$y is never gonna outrap anyone. That's not what we subject ourselves to DatPiff for. On the other hand, this tape is dripping swagu and atmosphere. it has that tripped out feel in some parts that are almost more like a post BtH Blu tape, except actually good. This kinda feels like a fusion of Pilot Talk 2 and New Jet City. I think it's a sight better than the latter, but not as good as former

Eh I think he holds his own pretty well in a lot of cases. Sure he's got a lazy flow but he >>> Bronson on godfather 4 for example

Gibbs out raps everybody on a feature

Curren$y is never gonna outrap anyone. That's not what we subject ourselves to DatPiff for. On the other hand, this tape is dripping swagu and atmosphere. it has that tripped out feel in some parts that are almost more like a post BtH Blu tape, except actually good. This kinda feels like a fusion of Pilot Talk 2 and New Jet City. I think it's a sight better than the latter, but not as good as former

I didn't mean it like Currensy got Renegaded or anything, just that Gibbs is Gibbs.

And I think I'd rank it over NJC as well. It starts strong.

Cheddahz

Banned
Holy fuck, I'm really liking The Drive In Theatre, but I just wanna punch Curren$y every time a song starts, as all he does is "na na na na na na"

effzee

Just watched that Yeezus rant on stage. That's one of the most femotional things i've ever witnessed.

Be distressed by a couple mostly no name radio hosts to the point of nearly crying on stage when you're a millionaire multiplat artist, brehs.

edit:

This spitta tape is smooth as shit. loving it already.

Stolen and Stove Top are great

I wonder if Charlemagne will be able to keep up his act once they are televised on Revolt TV. That's Diddy and I believe Interscope's channel so I doubt they allow him to just go off on artists. I hope he gets to say whatever he wants.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Nope. Some people have access to all the beats in the world (Nas, Wu Tang) and still pick the absolute shittiest ones. Its a skill.

exactly, a perfect example of nas on Black republicans, 9 times out of 10 Jay chose that beat because his ear is another GOAT candidate.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I don't get it. Maybe he is doing this all for show and isn't really catching feelings like this. No, he isn't that smart. Just not sure why he can't seem to control his emotions. Maybe he needs some "no" people around him. People he respects to let him know he needs to keep his feelings in check.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I don't get it. Maybe he is doing this all for show and isn't really catching feelings like this. No, he isn't that smart. Just not sure why he can't seem to control his emotions. Maybe he needs some "no" people around him. People he respects to let him know he needs to keep his feelings in check.

man he is sooooo bipolar and people just can't see it because he has a reputation for being "a artist"

all the signs are their for him suffering from manic/depression. shit him even marrying kim is a sign of it.

Also this motherfucker Spitta got B Real on this shit..... this is amazing man.

Esch

Banned
of any rapper?

shit that might be a bolder claim than claiming a GOAT rapper.
I dont even think its that crazy of a claim. He has some incredible, some of the best work from Kanye West, Just Blaze, Dr. Dre, Dj Premier, Swizz Beats, Timbaland, Neptunes, Diddy, Young Guru, Dupri, Heavy D, No ID, Quik, 9th Wonder, etc etc.

JohnDoe

Banned
I dont even think its that crazy of a claim. He has some incredible, some of the best work from Kanye West, Just Blaze, Dr. Dre, Dj Premier, Swizz Beats, Timbaland, Neptunes, Diddy, Young Guru, Dupri, Heavy D, No ID, Quik, 9th Wonder, etc etc.

The thing that gives Hov the advantage is how consistently good he has been with picking beats.

To give one example, even though Enter The 36 Chambers might be my favorite Hip-Hop album as far as production goes, the beat selection on the other Wu-Tang albums was really poor compared to it.

overcast

http://instagram.com/p/kZOmDXqkU3/#

hype building...

edit: i guess i should mention its a snippet so *spoilers*
Oh that sounds dope.
I think that's the only wary thing about the product page, but it does say that the format is vinyl. I'm just going to gamble on it
I just did as well.
Jesus, that line up is insane man. Chicago or what?

Please tell me Currensy blessed us with fuego. Just got off a valentines shift at the restaurant, wanna eat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nope. Just me so far. Im probably gonna get started on rewriting the contents of the OP tonight. If you or someone else with image skillz could whip up banners that'd be amazing. If not, get ready for the most ghetto OT since 2009
PM me with what you need or ideas and I can probably help whip something up.

This article is really dumb because it's not him, it's label heads being label heads. You've had to have been living under a rock for several centuries to not know this was a thing and the reason why most interviews are very safe as respectful for lack of better words.

Not that I don't agree Kanye is acting like a bitch there, but Sway and Charlamagne aren't know names. Sway especially is one of the most well known hip-hop personalities, and both of them do multiple different things at once that reach a LOT of people. I think Charlamagne does about 2-3 TV shows off the top of my head on top of his Power 105.1 gig.

what's Y2? is that the name of his new project or somethin?
Yeezus 2.
It's not Yeezus 2 exactly, but an EP of remixes and leftovers, such as the Black Skinheads Remix with Miley and the Kendrick song (which may or may not exist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom