• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
Madlib will be wearing adult diapers soon at this rate. What will he do once he loops 100s of records from every country?

it's getting boring. Give me unlimited air fare and an MPC and I can make the exact same beats.

TBH you just need a sick internet connection and audacity to make his kind of beats. Just download bunch of vinyl rips from the internet, open up the files in audacity and make one-shot loops from sped-up soul songs. Don't need no MPC for that shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If he was truly committed... he would have shows up and down northern cal.
Fuck that he has no stop in Washington

That's where the best weed in Cali comes from anyways

Blackace

TBH you just need a sick internet connection and audacity to make his kind of beats. Just download bunch of vinyl rips from the internet, open up the files in audacity and make one-shot loops from sped-up soul songs. Don't need no MPC for that shit.
Let's hear one

JohnDoe

Banned
That aiight for audacity...

Thanks. My point is that Madlib is actually capable of much more but he's always been doing this one-shot loop thing for the past 3(?) years that it's starting to get frustrating because he used to be one of my favorite producers and I know he is capable of much more. Dude needs to get rid that a beat needs to be done in 5 minutes.

Blackace

Thanks. My point is that Madlib is actually capable of much more but he's always been doing this one-shot loop thing for the past 3(?) years that it's starting to get frustrating because he used to be one of my favorite producers and I know he is capable of much more. Dude needs to get rid that a beat needs to be done in 5 minutes.

Sometimes you get stuck in rut...

iavi

Fuck that he has no stop in Washington

That's where the best weed in Cali comes from anyways

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Happy cows come from California, Ace. And there's a reason those motherfuckers are happy.

Kwixotik

Honestly, big Ye stan that I am, I would 100% be okay with him taking say a five year break for active kanye music making and just exec producing. Maybe a little co-producing on the side but mainly ship steering. Not just GOOD artists either.

We would get some amazing records.

It's not like we need his lyrics lol

also what the fuck Q

Also the wu shirt and torn jeans look is very cool

Honestly, big Ye stan that I am, I would 100% be okay with him taking say a five year break for active kanye music making and just exec producing. Maybe a little co-producing on the side but mainly ship steering. Not just GOOD artists either.
A Ye or Just Blaze executive produced J Cole album needs to happen.

Blackace

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Happy cows come from California, Ace. And there's a reason those motherfuckers are happy.

It ain't because of your brick weed

Ask your dealer where their kush comes from

IrishNinja

god irish why are you arguing on the internet with drake hypebeasts when you could be playing metroid prime 3 or walking your dog or masturbating or really anything but this come on man get it together

^i dont know that cole anything needs to happen anymore tho

A Cole/Just Blaze collab would just be a waste of good beats. I can already picture exactly how he'd rap over every track.

Maybe Kanye could get the stick out of Cole's ass

mooooose

We would get some amazing records.

Can tell you right now those Oh No produced tracks can be used as a sleep-aid.
Oh no is great what the fuck are you talking about

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ye went OFF in this interview.

Full 60 Minute Kanye Interview with Zane Lowe. Cliffs:

- Yeezus allowed him to make what he wanted once again that didn't have to go with "the textures of the time," referencing Cruel Summer's trap influence
- Cruel Summer won't stand out in 100 years like Yeezus or 808s because of how deviant it was format-wise and sonically at the time that forced people to love or hate it
- MBDTF can be considered to be perfect, but he's not here for that, but to crack new ground sonically and culturally
- Original version of On Sight was 14 minutes long of experimenting with a synthesizer with Daft Punk during a session
- Blood on the Leaves was supposed to be the intro to Yeezus, but though Kanye knew it would have probably psychologically made naysayers perception of the album better, but he wanted the aggression and the compression of his voice to "jump out, and affect you, either in a good or bad away"
- Not here to make easily programmable music
- Kanye's production style of taking different elements and styles together and clashing them together came from how he was consuming information at the moment, positive and negative emotions towards him
- On Yeezus "This is what frustration sounds like"
- Sounds like he's cool with Quincy Jones again
- Talks a lot about how MJ is da bess and the one who influenced everything
- Kanye feels he has reached the glass ceiling in music
- Talks about the styles people and organizations doubted him for over the years, tight jeans, leather jogging pants, etc.
- Talks about reading negative comments on Hypebeast about him
- RAP THE NEW ROCK AND ROLL. WE THE CULTURE. ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A MINUTE MR ZANE
- Talks about how "rap n***a" has become the new insult in hip-hop, which used to be "R&B n***a" (this is real talk)
- Reason why Kanye hasn't been able to reach out to other creative realms is because everyone he has wanted to partner with has told him they want to control him creatively
- Talks black people: "We can have our perspective on T-Shirts, but anything more and your Truman Show boat is hitting the wall"
- Never really liked Gold Digger, but he did it because he knew he was going to get paid lol
- Talks getting snubbed by NYT when he talked about the next evolution of theatre, and then they go and talk to George Lucas and Spielberg who then say the same
- "I like some of the GaGa songs, what the fuck does she know about cameras"
- Talks self-hate, classism and "When someone says something like "I Am A God," everyone says, who does he think he is? I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I AM. A GOD. I JUST TOLD YOU. Would it have been better if I made a song called I Am A Gangsta? I Am A Pimp? All those colours and patinas fit better on someone like me, right?"

- Talks accusations of megalomaniac, self-oriented motivations, argues to the contrary
- Talks his dad living with the homeless 7 years ago, still living in the slums in DR helping with poverty etc. today
- Zane and Kanye go back and forth about whether the radio truly supports Ye or not today
- Kanye talks music industry being hit like an iceberg by the internet very briefly
- Jay didn't want dancers on WTT tour
- "I've spent 80% of my last 10 years working on this, and 20% working on music."
- Talks how Yeezys changed his life
- "YOU HEAR IT. WE LOVE VERSACE. VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE." *dead* I can't wait for the KTT remix of this
- "You telling me people don't look at Kanye West like the glitch [from Wreck-It Ralph]?!"

- Talks people hating HAM making him go make Otis
- "No flip flops for black dudes. I don't care where you at. Wear some Jordans. No flip flops."
- Zane eventually gets tired of Kanyes shit about fashion and tells him to STFU and answer questions about music
- No snares on Yeezus until 5 songs in
- "I have no interest in making music by myself anymore. I want to utilize the best resources we have to have a conversation"
- Reveals Nas visited Hawaii during the MBDTF sessions, played ball with Ye and Com.

- Talks why Yeezus is minimalist
- This is just me talking here, but I REALLY think most of Ye's "FUCK CORPORATIONS" attitude is him getting blue balls trying to break into fashion
- "Dopeness is what I like the most."
- Kanye talks Kendrick's Control. Talks how he would've responded to Kendrick if he was one of those named on the come up. On Kendrick: "I'm just looking forward to the opportunity to speak to this brother in the future. He's one of our future messengers. And I'm gonna give him jewels."

- Daft Punk did the drums for Black Skinhead
- "To be a visionary, you have to move off of your eyes, not your ears."
- On T. Swift situation, he moved off of his eyes: "That's incorrect. That's invalid."
- Talks "Drum Hell Day" with Plain Pat
- Namedrops 3DO and Amiga

Warning, if you do listen, almost every topic eventually veers into Kanye expressing his frustrations with roadblocks in creatively with regards to fashion.

HiResDes

I don't care, I fux with Kanye, and love the direction he went with Yeezus. I've experience a roller-coaster ride of feelings with the album, but I'm back to loving it almost as much I did originally. And I do think Kanye is both a style icon and a concurrent trendsetter, while Jay has just become a follower and a conformist at this point.

I don't care, I fux with Kanye, and love the direction he went with Yeezus. I've experience a roller-coaster ride of feelings with the album, but I'm back to loving it almost as much I did originally. And I do think Kanye is both a style icon and a concurrent trendsetter, while Jay has just become a follower and a conformist at this point.

I still think tracks 3-9 are really good, with Hold My Liquor and Blood On The Leaves being the stand outs. I never thought it was some life changing, genre revolutionizing project, but it's a good album. I enjoy it more than MBDTWIUFWUFBIWB or WTT anyway.

HiResDes

I still think tracks 3-9 are really good, with Hold My Liquor and Blood On The Leaves being the stand outs. I never thought it was some life changing, genre revolutionizing project, but it's a good album. I enjoy it more than MBDTWIUFWUFBIWB or WTT anyway.

Ditto on every account

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH from the interview, it sounds like Kanye's interests are elsewhere ATM. Wouldn't be surprised if Yeezus is his last album TBH.

Ye is straight up yelling through 75% of that interview, but I love it. No one exudes passion like Ye, that is why he's one of my idols. This guy is not content with what is normal. Ima apply to DONDA after I get my MA, real rap.

Drake Says He Lost Respect For Kendrick Lamar's Sentiments On "Control"

“That ['Control'] verse was a moment to talk about," Drake said, as reported by Miss Info and Vibe. "Are you listening to it now, though?”

Drake, who said it was "all love" when he saw Lamar days later, also explained why he lost respect for "the sentiments" behind Kendrick Lamar's verse on "Control."

"He didn’t come in there on some wild, ‘I’m in New York, fuck everybody.’ I almost wish he had come in there on that shit because I kind of lost a little bit of respect for the sentiment of the verse,” Drake said. “If it’s really ‘fuck everybody’ then it needs to be ‘fuck everybody’. It can’t just be halfway.”

Uh oh.

My Ye stanning is in full effect. Going ham on friends who are trying to tell me Jay had more of an impact on the industry than Kanye.

Also, who do we credit for the trend of pitched down vocals on tracks? A$AP Rocky or Tyler, the Creator?

HiResDes

My Ye stanning is in full effect. Going ham on friends who are trying to tell me Jay had more of an impact on the industry than Kanye.

Also, who do we credit for the trend of pitched down vocals on tracks? A$AP Rocky or Tyler, the Creator?

Screw, DJ Paul, and SGP all were doing it before them.\

150984_653149781369529_334964072_n.jpg

...Might have to go to that show in Columbus.

overcast

Isn't it Drake that always throws little jabs at people in his rhymes? The fuck outta here.

Talking about saying "fuck everybody", he threw shots at Weeknd for a year and they kiss and made up.

kamspy

Only Drake would diss a rapper's sentiment. Wow. War has changed...

Danny Brown has me hyped. Agree on Side A looking as dope as a tracklist can make something look.

Been going back to the Havoc album lately. The track with Rae and Ghost is gonna be one of my top ten tracks this year. The Royce feature is hilarious. Havoc is riding like a 80 BPM track and Royce cannot contain the double time rappity. You can almost hear him try but he's just not capable. YT it for a good laugh. Album has like 7-8 banging tracks though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope Kendrick says all of that. Would be interesting.
I'm disappointed Kendrick even responded directly to the responses to Control. He should have kept his mouth shut, said "it is what it is" and told those rappers that caught feelings to hold that shit and make better music.

Yea, I know.

I'm disappointed Kendrick even responded directly to the responses to Control. He should have kept his mouth shut, said "it is what it is" and told those rappers that caught feelings to hold that shit and make better music.

That's why I don't think it was about making better music. It was about stylin on your peers and getting more shine from a verse. In one breath a lot of places have been saying "make better music" and then posting gifs of "x lost." I don't think that was unintended. You don't respond.. you look like a sucker.. you do respond, you look like a sucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom