• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Classic (LR & College Dropout) Kanye
2 Trap Kanye (Yeezy [Wish you would])
3. Luxury Rap Kanye (WTT & Graduation)
4.Weeping Kanye (808's)
5. Nutty Kanye (MBDTF)

Cudder

that shit would've been corn.
yoga raps common.
wack ass consequence.
glc is alright but he's not all that interesting.

kanye's mastery of album production (as a complete product) isnt near what it is now.

still waiting on that remaster of MBDTF

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1. Classic Ye (TCD/LR)
2. Renaissance Ye (MBDTF)
3. Electronica Ye (Graduation)
4. Castle Music Ye (WTT)
5. Ignorant/Traptronica Ye (features, mostly)
6. Emo Ye (808s)

PBY

Banned
1. Classic Ye (TCD/LR)
4. Castle Music Ye (WTT)
6. Emo Ye (808s)
I'm okay w this. I put MBDTF>>>> but you can't knock that order

Recon

Banned
I know, opinions and all, but I just cant see how anyone puts MBDTF over CD/LR....Nothing on it is better. Production was tighter, less kanye wankery. Actual songs are much better too(no All Of The Lights stupidity).

kamspy

Trap Yeezus>>>>

Truth. The people who hate Yeezy's new stuff hate for the same reason people hate 50 now. Earlier in their careers they had a big underdog thing going for them, and after they "made it" a lot of people stopped fucking with them. Not in terms of albums sales per se, they filled the empty seats of old fans with new fans, but in the hip hop collective.

Kanye always wanted to be Trap Yeezus, but it's just now that he's capable of it financially. For me it's the same Kanye, but instead of rapping about dreaming of that shit, he raps about doing it.

EDIT: am I really the only GAF HOP guy with a "rap car?" Yall are missing out on one of the greatest joys of life. :( Go trade in those accords and get a nice 'lac or an old Jag. Slaps some rims and fill it with subwoofers. Quality of Life +1

It's worth the extra money you'll spend on gas and upkeep for having a car you really love. Fuck an economically sound Altima. Get a box Caprice, throw some blades on it a few JL's in the trunk.

T Dollarz

Classic Ye (CD & LR) > all star Ye (Grad) > experimental Ye (MBDTF) >>>>>>>> Ign'ant Ye (2011-present) >>>>>> Electronic, emo Ye (808s)

Edit: I go back and forth between liking Graduation or MBDTF better, though. They are both fan-fucking-tastic. CD & LR are god tier.

HiResDes

About to go in and listen to like 6 rap records back to back, will give impressions by the end of the night.

Edit: Headphones on so this is serious business.

No offense to Corolla/CIVIC-GAF, but how do y'all do it without tucking your nuts?? Gunplay inspired me to make a trip... So I took my girls Civic and goddamn, I couldn't even listen to my Juicy J mix. Shit just didn't seem right. Felt like I should be listening to Call Me Maybe. #rapcars4life

Ayo, If you driving a civic thats come out in the last 10 years your doing it wrong. Give me a 98-99 civic, Dohc Vtec engine... Shits right. The power Honda can create out of a 1.6 litre engine straight embarrasses the american motor industry.

Europe and Japan know how to make engines. Much higher amounts of Bhp out of smaller engines. Yet in america you get a 4 litre car with 100 horse power.

I with you on cars my dude. But im still in college, give me something quick, affordable, reliable, comfortable with room for subs and im chilling.

T Dollarz

Ayo, If you driving a civic thats come out in the last 10 years your doing it wrong. Give me a 98-99 civic, Dohc Vtec engine... Shits right. The power Honda can create out of a 1.6 litre engine straight embarrasses the american motor industry.

Europe and Japan know how to make engines. Much higher amounts of Bhp out of smaller engines. Yet in america you get a 4 litre car with 100 horse power.

I with you on cars my dude. But im still in college, give me something quick, affordable, reliable, comfortable with room for subs and im chilling.

Yuuuup

OG Kush

i aint bout dat life, this is how i roll
sony-sk8-triq-bike.jpeg

overcast

1. Classic Ye (TCD/LR)
4. Castle Music Ye (WTT)
6. Emo Ye (808s)
Exactly my same stance. Except I think ignorant Ye is pissing me off as much as Emo Ye did. Shit sucks quite frankly.

Detox

So I listened to the new DMX and for the first five tracks I was ready to call it a lacklustre effort from an old washed up X trying to channel his old self. From track 6 onwards it got better but the problem is there is not one standout verse or even line.

I'm going to call it a good album just because I've missed X and it's nice to hear new stuff from him even though he brings nothing special here apart from average DMX which is still unique in hiphop.

I was going to post Already to show he can still bring a ton of energy, but turns out it is a recycled track from a 2008 mixtape. Dame Grease did a great job exec producing the album it kind of exists in its own vacuum where beats didn't really progress from the late 90's. Checked what Swizz contributed and Y'all Don't Really Know is another recycled track but it doesn't have the features on it. I'm surprised he didn't get big name features, would have been great to hear him with some NY legends like Nas, Meth or Busta.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like how all of a sudden ye is complex enough to have 6 different styles

Acid08

Banned
I have a 92 Civic Si. It's quick, corners well, super reliable, and it's easy to work on/upgrade. Autox's like a beast too. Way better than a fuckin boat car.

I have a 92 Civic Si. It's quick, corners well, super reliable, and it's easy to work on/upgrade. Autox's like a beast too. Way better than a fuckin boat car.

The boxy one? Thats a great car. Jap cars can actually take corners. They last forver too. Ill never buy american again. Started working on cars a couple years back, European and Jap cars are just built so much better.

This Mobb Deep beef is some bullshit. The Mobb are top 5 to me, The Infamous and Hell on Earth are 2 of the best rap albums ever made.

Now these dudes are beefing on Twitter and shit. Its embarrassing. Cant understand how people cant just sit down and resolve shit once they become famous.

Ill just leave this here.

DominoKid

Mobb Deep are still beefing over Prodigy being gay or something like that right?

when you said album production as a complete product i assumed you also meant the mixing and mastering of his albums.

nope. thats why Mike Dean mastered WTT cause whoever did MBDTF (Vlado something) fucked up.

Blackace

They were decent

But the near perfect combo?

No that's Outkast!

CRS

OutKast > Mobb Deep any day of the week. Easy.

OutKast:

Southernplaya
ATLiens
Aquemini
Stankonia

Mobb Deep:

The Infamous
Hell on Earth
Murda Muzik(?)

There's no artist / group that comes close to the amount of quality between Southernplaya and Stankonia.

Blackace

I personally think Mobb Deep is overrated as hell

kamspy

it's a 2007 fwiw. still felt like I was producing estrogen every mile I drove. economical cars just don't do it for me. copped a brand new maxima in 2003 and hated it within a month. big ass car payment, dull ass ride that looks like every other ride. ended up selling it and using the extra $3k (put a big down payment on it) and bought a clean ass 94 Sedan Deville. Couldn't have been any happier.

it's a 2007 fwiw. still felt like I was producing estrogen every mile I drove. economical cars just don't do it for me. copped a brand new maxima in 2003 and hated it within a month. big ass car payment, dull ass ride that looks like every other ride. ended up selling it and using the extra $3k (put a big down payment on it) and bought a clean ass 94 Sedan Deville. Couldn't have been any happier.

03 Maxima? Man they look like an average sedan. Surprised you bought that. The newer civics look awful, did it have those triangle exhausts? Dash looks like some star trek shit.

Im with you on driving the car you like, but my current situation doesnt allow me to drive a car with the engine the size of a nuclear power plant. But i love the affordability of 90s jap cars. Plus they can be tuned relatively cheaply, plus if you pick up the right car you get all the performance you need.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not say anything we can't take back.

I know the heads put Outkast up on that pedastol. Dont get me wrong i have all the Outkast CDs bar speakerboxx/Love below and i do enjoy listening to them.

Personally I put The Infamous/Hell on Earth over them. Just my preference.

Trolling is bannable

It was a joke. If i meant that id deserve it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I drove an old box style town car for a long time. Comfortable as hell, but it drove like dogshit and gas mileage was poor. First car I owned was a 99 civic, its still driving around acting as my family's back yo car and it drives like its brand new. Fun little car to thrash around corners too. Owned what was essientially an eclipse in a dodge skin for a long time. had the subs, wheels, cat back, cold air and so on. kept the look simple, stripped the badges and didn't add anything visual outside of some gunmetal color wheels with a tiny chrome lip. loved that car, it was with me through so much over the last 9 years.
last car I drove around before I moved was a jeep commander. fun as fuck off road or in the snow, and it was a blast feeling like I was a tank just barreling through traffic, but it rode like shit onroad and got 12mpg. Worth it almost for that V8 growl.

now I just walk everywhere or rent a scooter.

I drove an old box style town car for a long time. Comfortable as hell, but it drove like dogshit and gas mileage was poor. First car I owned was a 99 civic, its still driving around acting as my family's back yo car and it drives like its brand new. Fun little car to thrash around corners too. Owned what was essientially an eclipse in a dodge skin for a long time. had the subs, wheels, cat back, cold air and so on. kept the look simple, stripped the badges and didn't add anything visual outside of some gunmetal color wheels with a tiny chrome lip. loved that car, it was with me through so much over the last 9 years.
last car I drove around before I moved was a jeep commander. fun as fuck off road or in the snow, and it was a blast feeling like I was a tank just barreling through traffic, but it rode like shit onroad and got 12mpg. Worth it almost for that V8 growl.

now I just walk everywhere or rent a scooter.

Lol got damn!!! That V8 sound is something else, needs to be experienced.

Scooters? Where did you move?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lol got damn!!! That V8 sound is something else, needs to be experienced.

Scooters? Where did you move?

v8 wasn't even that powerful, Espiecally considering how heavy the jeep was. It just sounded nice under full throttle.

i live in Vietnam, they make some pretty sweet fucking scooters these days that people are missing out on in the us. Honda and yamaha espiecally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom