• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Anyone remember that guy Curtains/? He spelled it like CurT@!n$?

tumblr_m9m8fhDiM71qfn8tp.gif

HiResDes

He sure did.

Liking 601, but have the same problem I have with Bogota in the fact there's a lot of freestyles. They're ok to listen to once, but I'll never go back to them.

Most of the actual songs are good though, the Same Damn Time remix and So Sophisticated are hot.

Is the beat on 187 from something else? I can't place it.

Next up, that Freebasing With Kevin Bacon, gotta check it after hearing Siddx pimp it so much.

HRD cosign of Jarren as well, even his last tape has a bunch of gems on it.

Edit: I agree with Irish

Yo yo yo shoot him in his mouth.. (nah)
Fuck him, get the gasoline tell Terry to pull the act up
Bring him to Rae warehouse, hang him from hooks then skin his ass
As lame as he look he ready to cook (yeah)
And he pleadin' for mercy, bleedin' from his dome and he thirsty
The first week we made him eat shit!
Videotaped his wiz and I fucked his bitch
Made him watch me on the couch havin' fun with his kids
So what hurts more: is it me showin' love to ya fam?
Or you in the box laid under the floor?
Or keep you alive blow torchin' ya balls?
My murder chainsaw, ya bloods on my Scarface walls
Not even Ajax can clean that, Jack
We need that maintenace man shit that kill that greasy blood on contact
Finish you off 'cause I'm pressed for time
Your man and 'em will be next to die
Mothafucka!

Who can find me a rawer Ghostface verse?
Nobody! That's who!

kamspy

Really wish Slim Thug didn't soak his mixtapes with weed carriers. Kill Kyleon is aiight, but even him I'd only want on a couple tracks.

Dedication 4 is kinda better than C4, but that's not saying much. Get's weaker toward the end and on every song that has a stolen beat (because instead of outshining the original like he use to, he's worse). Overall not quite as bad as yall make it out. Still, probably won't listen again. lol

Gunplay's tape is pretty good. Thought a read in the interview he was off the coke. Guess not. I will say the 1st song on it with the drip reference in the hook kinda test my willpower...

Still burning up that ASAP Mob tape. Not the whole thing, but there's enough cuts to keep it in rotation.

Feel like we're in a lil bit of a drought right now. Sept should fix that with Yeezy and the ASAP album. Hopefully at least.

Is it anywhere near as good as Below the Heavens?

No, it's quite different. Exile has said he was surprised at the beats Blu chose for it, and they certainly sound more like the self-production he did on HFC and stuff like that; vintage samples, less crazy chopping, less dj work etc. That's not to say they're bad beats, or that the album is bad. It's a lot more mellow than BtH

I have to listen again to give it a proper review

PBY

Banned
Its crazy how Gunplay put out a mixtape with literally zero production values- and it blows D4 out of the water.

Tokubetsu

Really wish Slim Thug didn't soak his mixtapes with weed carriers. Kill Kyleon is aiight, but even him I'd only want on a couple tracks.

Dedication 4 is kinda better than C4, but that's not saying much. Get's weaker toward the end and on every song that has a stolen beat (because instead of outshining the original like he use to, he's worse). Overall not quite as bad as yall make it out. Still, probably won't listen again. lol

Gunplay's tape is pretty good. Thought a read in the interview he was off the coke. Guess not. I will say the 1st song on it with the drip reference in the hook kinda test my willpower...

Still burning up that ASAP Mob tape. Not the whole thing, but there's enough cuts to keep it in rotation.

Feel like we're in a lil bit of a drought right now. Sept should fix that with Yeezy and the ASAP album. Hopefully at least.

Don't think he ever got off the coke completely. He was just backing off a bit to make this music thing work.

Tokubetsu

I'd imagine most of the MMG ninjas don't respect Gunplay due to that coke shit.

That's okay, I doubt Gunplay gives two shits what anyone thinks about him at this point. Save maybe his main girl and Rick Ross.

I mean, what the fuck is Stalley gonna say to Gunplay? L O L

hubes

yo i'm not the only one that would have rather had a good music album come out back in 05,06 am i?

kanye at this prime, common, consequence, glc, possibly featuring jay, nas, mos def among others

kamspy

No offense to Corolla/CIVIC-GAF, but how do y'all do it without tucking your nuts?? Gunplay inspired me to make a trip... So I took my girls Civic and goddamn, I couldn't even listen to my Juicy J mix. Shit just didn't seem right. Felt like I should be listening to Call Me Maybe. #rapcars4life

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yo i'm not the only one that would have rather had a good music album come out back in 05,06 am i?

kanye at this prime, common, consequence, glc, possibly featuring jay, nas, mos def among others
Wat?

Kanye has more connects right now than ever. Ain't a question of asking someone to hop on your joint, they'll do it without question, it's pretty much down to Kanye's mood and who he thinks the track will be good for.

And the only benefit of doing it back then is GLC. But then you have to deal with Consequence on every song too.

Big Sean on every track on the other hand is only a good thing.

hubes

Wat?

Kanye has more connects right now than ever. Ain't a question of asking someone to hop on your joint, they'll do it without question, it's pretty much down to Kanye's mood and who he thinks the track will be good for.

And the only benefit of doing it back then is GLC. But then you have to deal with Consequence on every song too.

Big Sean on every track on the other hand is only a good thing.

so consequences verses on spaceship and gone were bad? please... those verses are better than anything big sean will ever do with kanye... especially since his best verse is on mercy and thats only because its so ridiculous it's funny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
so consequences verses on spaceship and gone were bad? please... those verses are better than anything big sean will ever do with kanye... especially since his best verse is on mercy and thats only because its so ridiculous it's funny.
Too bad Consequence's verse on Spaceship and Gone aren't indicative of his quality of a rapper as whole. Everything else he puts out is garbage, far worse than anything Big Sean has done. Consequence has like negative levels of charisma when it comes to rapping and presentation.

DominoKid

that shit would've been corn.
yoga raps common.
wack ass consequence.
glc is alright but he's not all that interesting.

kanye's mastery of album production (as a complete product) isnt near what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom