• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

03 Maxima? Man they look like an average sedan. Surprised you bought that. The newer civics look awful, did it have those triangle exhausts? Dash looks like some star trek shit.

Im with you on driving the car you like, but my current situation doesnt allow me to drive a car with the engine the size of a nuclear power plant. But i love the affordability of 90s jap cars. Plus they can be tuned relatively cheaply, plus if you pick up the right car you get all the performance you need.

See, IMO, this is the best time to get a fun car. Now, if you're a father of 3 in hard times, you might need to get that dependable car. Now I'm assuming you're college age, possibly a student. That's the best time to have fun in an old bucket Cadillac or box Monte. The whole "I'm a poor college kid, I need a reliable VW Rabbit" is backwards ass logic to me.

This is wtf I'm talking about. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...s=100&maxPrice=3500&listingId=328209772&Log=0 $3k. If it breaks, it's not like you're fucked. It's only a $3k car, but you're rolling in $50k worth of luxury.

N35QR.jpg

C'mon economy GAF. How is that not more fun than a Civic or a Corolla?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Fuck yeah, Kam.

Unless you have kids, buy a fucking used thing and run the wheels off it. Paying off a mode of transportation is for suckas.

IrishNinja

I personally think Mobb Deep is overrated as hell

i wanna agree but my collection only has Infamous, so i cant say ive fucked with em past that

Gzabeneaththesurface.jpg

^okay sot his is no Liquid Swords by any measure, but it's a good GZA album, weird to hear so many on here go on & on about Genius but never really namedrop this one. revisited it a bit today and it held up well.

I'm late but WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY?!?!?! Outkast=best duo ever. Ace ban them for trolling. Mobb was never anywhere close to being better than them. HOLY SHIT...

kamspy

^okay sot his is no Liquid Swords by any measure, but it's a good GZA album, weird to hear so many on here go on & on about Genius but never really namedrop this one. revisited it a bit today and it held up well.

This was up there with I Am and Doggfather in terms of letdown for me.

Yup. I can barely listen to it. It's not horrible but just doesn't sound like a coherent project. The skits are stupid (and very short), the beats are eh, and while the rhyming is good it's not earth shattering like LS...

You can really feel RZA's creative absence on every level.

IrishNinja

there's an obvious gap here, but tracks i dig. like what i said about Lethal Injection, where people wanted another Death Certificate in stead of Predator.

Yup. I can barely listen to it. It's not horrible but just doesn't sound like a coherent project. The skits are stupid (and very short), the beats are eh, and while the rhyming is good it's not earth shattering like LS...

You can really feel RZA's creative absence on every level.

i pretty much universally skip/delete skits, so im immune to that. its definitely not coherent but even some Wu efforts that looked like they'd be themed or whatever (tical 2000, some ghost, most rae past his first etc) pretty much drop that early on and just go in on tracks.

so if there's more tracks i like than ones i dont, i dig it. it's all about expectations: years and years later, i know it's not LS, but it's an enjoyable effort, and i wanted more like it than i got from Pro Tools and more recent stuff.

kamspy

there's an obvious gap here, but tracks i dig. like what i said about Lethal Injection, where people wanted another Death Certificate in stead of Predator.

This is more akin to Ice Cube's "War" than Lethal Injection. Breaker Breaker is dope, there are a couple other tracks too, but PD summed it up well. It's not a bad album, but as a follow up to Liquid Swords??!? Liquid Mother Fucking Sizwordz? Nah. Hell nah. Nope. Noooo.

IrishNinja

This is more akin to Ice Cube's "War" than Lethal Injection. Breaker Breaker is dope, there are a couple other tracks too, but PD summed it up well. It's not a bad album, but as a follow up to Liquid Swords??!? Liquid Mother Fucking Sizwordz? Nah. Hell nah. Nope. Noooo.

I get your points here, but years and years later i can hear it as a standalone album, rather than i did at the time. it's not as bad as it's given here, is all.

Macca

Ayo, what were those headphones I think Kam was reccomending? I think they were Sony's. My cousin (and maybe me too) are looking to grab some a new pair, and I remember them getting some good words.

Des can prolly answer this too.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I remember thinking Beneath the Surface was quite solid but I never really listened to it all that much and I could never figure out exactly why. It wasn't bad, in fact if you took the songs and looked at them all individually, it was a very strong album. But I just didn't give a shit about it.

kamspy

Ayo, what were those headphones I think Kam was reccomending? I think they were Sony's. My cousin (and maybe me too) are looking to grab some a new pair, and I remember them getting some good words.

Des can prolly answer this too.

Sony XB-500s. Their best use is hip hop. They're also comfortable as hell, and have a nice flat cord that isn't 10m long and coiled like a lot of snobby headphones. :p But really, it's manageable enough to hook up to an MP3 player and wear them outside the house. Which is a plus for me. They're not world beaters, but if you like the bass curve that the Beats by Dre have, you can get the exact same quality rumble with these and save $300 in the process. They aren't flat studio monitors, but the EQ curve on them is perfect for hip hop and gaming.

Also easily the most comfortable and light weight full sized headphone I've worn. The bass also slaps the shit out of my old mid grade Senny's which were like $80. I can't recommend them enough for $50 to a hip hop listener.

I remember thinking Beneath the Surface was quite solid but I never really listened to it all that much and I could never figure out exactly why. It wasn't bad, in fact if you took the songs and looked at them all individually, it was a very strong album. But I just didn't give a shit about it.

GZA was channeling the Common style of album craft.

T Dollarz

Sony XB-500s. Their best use is hip hop. They're also comfortable as hell, and have a nice flat cord that isn't 10m long and coiled like a lot of snobby headphones. :p But really, it's manageable enough to hook up to an MP3 player and wear them outside the house. Which is a plus for me. They're not world beaters, but if you like the bass curve that the Beats by Dre have, you can get the exact same quality rumble with these and save $300 in the process. They aren't flat studio monitors, but the EQ curve on them is perfect for hip hop and gaming.

Also easily the most comfortable and light weight full sized headphone I've worn. The bass also slaps the shit out of my old mid grade Senny's which were like $80. I can't recommend them enough for $50 to a hip hop listener.

I read that you need to do some messing with the equalizer to get the most out of these. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom