• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yup. Nas could have a legendary discography if he picked better beats for the majority of his albums.
That's why alot of his stuff ages so poorly as well

He stays behind curve

Fjordson

Yup. Nas could have a legendary discography if he picked better beats for the majority of his albums.

Edit: Just bought this

51mKtvNNYAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hopefully it is good, been hearing pretty good things.

It's fantastic. Sounds way better than what Blu put out last year and Exile reworked some of the beats slightly. Big improvement I think. Also, the new tracks are pretty nice. I just wish Blu had spit over that Cent From Heaven beat. Missed opportunity there.

illadelph

I can definitely bump Country Grammar front to back....not the best thing ever, but it is pretty good. Nostalgia surely factors into this, of course.

Never heard anything from Sweat/Suit except for the singles

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Nas can tell some deep stories. He's up there with Slick Rick and old Snoop. When he's rambling about random shit, he's average.

Most rappers are like that.

Recon

Banned
The thing is, Nas could be telling me about how he brushed his teeth yesterday, but I would feel like he is imparting some crazy life lessons. Thats just how dope Nas is when he spits. But his Sesame Street beats on most of his albums stripped him of that GOAT status.

Blackace

I am going to say something that people might not want to hear, but will need to hear..

Preemo is a legend, who didn't age well..

Like Shaq on the Cavs, or Patrick Ewing on the Soncis..

Recon

Banned
I am going to say something that people might not want to hear, but will need to hear..

Preemo is a legend, who didn't age well..

Like Shaq on the Cavs, or Patrick Ewing on the Soncis..

I can see this, but, the majority of his tracks I think aged fine. He has about 30-40% that just sounds dated as fuck now.

Blackace

I can see this, but, the majority of his tracks I think aged fine. He has about 30-40% that just sounds dated as fuck now.

Some of his "newer" stuff sounds dated to me..

Esch

Banned
Sure brehs. I just really like preem's minimalist beats. I dont think theyre dated, in fact i appreciate their simplicity even more now than ever in our current era of dudes throwing everything but the kitchen sink into their production. To me his shit has aged way better than Pete's... Among others.

Premo's new shit is dated. it's his old style with basically like a smattering of new bells and whistles.

Trey

Who is Nas to really be imparting life wisdom anyways? lol

About as relevant as most any other dude trying to do the same. Forty is roughly that age where you start looking forward to the next generation. I'd imagine so, at least.

Recon

Banned
Sure brehs. I just really like preem's minimalist beats. I dont think theyre dated, in fact i appreciate their simplicity even more now than ever in our current era of dudes throwing everything but the kitchen sink into their production. To me his shit has aged way better than Pete's... Among others.

Premo's new shit is dated. it's his old style with basically like a smattering of new bells and whistles.

I just really dont like that Second Childhood beat. It really reeks of 90's bullshit.

Also, Outkast has never and will never sound dated. Way ahead of their time.

I just really dont like that Second Childhood beat. It really reeks of 90's bullshit.

Also, Outkast has never and will never sound dated. Way ahead of their time.

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik and ATLiens are timeless classics. Pretty much everything on those two albums will never sound dated. Probably Aquemini too.

It pisses me off when people say Stankonia is their best album. I know opinions are opinions, but the number of times it's people who haven't even heard anything before that...it's crazy.

Recon

Banned
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik and ATLiens are timeless classics. Pretty much everything on those two albums will never sound dated. Probably Aquemini too.

It pisses me off when people say Stankonia is their best album. I know opinions are opinions, but the number of times it's people who haven't even heard anything before that...it's crazy.

ATLiens is objectively their best album and one of the best hip hop albums of all time. Stankonia is great, but, not even close to ATLiens.

Cant stop listening to Blackout. Loved this album back when i got it, going back to it now i rate it even higher.

Also that new Ghostface is dropping in november.

I know everyone goes on about how "classic" Illmatic is and whatever and that shit gets annoying. Played it back today for the first time in a while, but god damn. Its straight pure Hip hop, timeless cd.

CRS

Edit: Just bought this

51mKtvNNYAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hopefully it is good, been hearing pretty good things.
I really love that red vinyl. I'm really tempted to buy this as well. I already have the special edition box pre-ordered so it's not an insta-buy for me.

Recon

Banned
I really love that red vinyl. I'm really tempted to buy this as well. I already have the special edition box pre-ordered so it's not an insta-buy for me.

I just saw that...I really want to cancel my Amazon pre order and grab that....

About that Nastradamus album. It's not as bad as you think it is. Here are some good tracks:

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
Project Windows
Come Get Me
Shoot 'Em Up
Last Words
Family
God Love Us
New World
You Owe Me

T Dollarz

Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them is so good. One of my favorite albums this year.

And hell yeah, OutKast's first 4 albums are timeless. Shit never gets old.

Blackout! is very underrated, it's my favorite from Meth and one of my favorite Wu albums in general. It's hype as fuck. But yo tell me how you were sleepin' on Illmatic like that? It's the GOAT.

Blackace

For a man with a Wacka avatar you are incredibly wise...

Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them is so good. One of my favorite albums this year.

And hell yeah, OutKast's first 4 albums are timeless. Shit never gets old.

Blackout! is very underrated, it's my favorite from Meth and one of my favorite Wu albums in general. It's hype as fuck. But yo tell me how you were sleepin' on Illmatic like that? It's the GOAT.

Been doing alot of long journey driving lately with work so been letting albums play through, Blackout is def a classic. Very underrated.

Less sleeping more havent just let the whole album play through for quite some time. After doing it today i was reminded of how great it was.

Ready to Die is comin with me for tomorrows drive.

CRS

I just saw that...I really want to cancel my Amazon pre order and grab that....
Check Fat Beats for the box. Kinda bummed that Fat Beats delayed the box because now I won't have it before I move to school. Was really hoping for the 9/4 release date but the construction of the box itself wasn't finished.

Blackace

About that Nastradamus album. It's not as bad as you think it is. Here are some good tracks:

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
Project Windows
Come Get Me
Shoot 'Em Up
Last Words
Family
God Love Us
New World
You Owe Me

none are really good songs..

It's the only album that didn't make my mix.

Recon

Banned
Been doing alot of long journey driving lately with work so been letting albums play through, Blackout is def a classic. Very underrated.

Less sleeping more havent just let the whole album play through for quite some time. After doing it today i was reminded of how great it was.

Ready to Die is comin with me for tomorrows drive.

I did that recently, but with Enter the Wu-Tang. Driving while letting that just play all the way through was a great experience.

Recon

Banned
How many of you listen to new (or listening for the first time) albums from start to finish?

Depends, if I am in the car, definitely. If I am at my computer, with all the music in the world at my finger tips, I am less likely to sit through songs that I find to be mediocre or bad.

Depends, if I am in the car, definitely. If I am at my computer, with all the music in the world at my finger tips, I am less likely to sit through songs that I find to be mediocre or bad.

This. Dont have as much time to sit around listening at home so nearly all my music is played in the car. Alot to be said for listening to for listening to albums straight through.

Listened to the original Food and Liquor there last week too. Shits fire, Hip hop classic.

CRS

I intake an insane amount of songs per day..
Do you do that more for your DJ work? A last.FM account of yours would be insane.

If it's a new album, I always list to it from start to finish. Never press the skip, FF, etc. Artists put effort into the tracklisting and arrangement of the album so skipping songs or jumping around is doing more harm than good.

Even after my initial listen, I'm still kinda anal about having to listen to the album in its entirety. Slowly improving that problem of mine.

I remember "I Can" having really dark lyrics, so the hook didn't upset me as much.

If it's a new album, I always list to it from start to finish. Never press the skip, FF, etc. Artists put effort into the tracklisting and arrangement of the album so skipping songs or jumping around is doing more harm than good.

Even after my initial listen, I'm still kinda anal about having to listen to the album in its entirety. Slowly improving that problem of mine.

Same here. I'm trying to improve, but it's just so hard.. ;_;

Macca

How many of you listen to new (or listening for the first time) albums from start to finish?
Im really bad. If its from an artist i dont know ill skip around like crazy. If its an artist im anticipating ill let it play through for sure.

Blackace

Do you do that more for your DJ work? A last.FM account of yours would be insane.

Yeah I do that for my DJ work I have gigs and gigs of b-side/cutting singles from some of the biggest names in hip-hop and most of them suck lol

Im really bad. If its from an artist i dont know ill skip around like crazy. If its an artist im anticipating ill let it play through for sure.

Ughh that's a pet peeve of mine when introducing people to new stuff. Part of judging an artist is if he/she/they can put a mixtape/album together properly. More so when it's a concept album, or if beats / skits bleed into the next track. I'll sit there going crazy on the inside trying not to yell "STOP SKIPPING AROUND, YO"

If I find music on my own, I listen to it all the way through, but typically when someone posts albums here, they link a song and I do listen to it to see if might like the artist and if i do then I go through their album if that counts.

On a daily basis though, I typically just go through albums, but I do have playlists that's for songs with different moods.

DominoKid

new artists get the Youtube treatment.

if i dont find a hot song in the first 5 videos, next!
i dont have time for all that bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom