• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
JUMP IN FRIENDS

http://www.plug.dj/music-is-fun/

iqoGoKMPUrTje.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wow playa. You may need that hug...lol
My issue with the album is that it's so hit and miss, in my opinion. Some amazing tracks mixed in with a bunch of half assed ones. I also dislike how it usually leads to God's Son getting overlooked, since they were released so close to each other. God's Son is much better, imo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
My issue with the album is that it's so hit and miss, in my opinion. Some amazing tracks mixed in with a bunch of half assed ones. I also dislike how it usually leads to God's Son getting overlooked, since they were released so close to each other. God's Son is much better, imo.

God's Son is his second best album

Every track on stillmatic is awesome. godson is awesome too so i can't argue that.

this Nas talk just made me realize that I've never actually listened to God's Son in full
or Nastradamus

Time to fire up the ol' Zune Pass.

Tokubetsu

this Nas talk just made me realize that I've never actually listened to God's Son in full
or Nastradamus

Time to fire up the ol' Zune Pass.

Please soul creator, don't do this. I like you as a person. You don't need to listen to Nastradamus. You really don't.

Tokubetsu

lol gtfoh. like half of nas' albums are ass and thats the worst one other than street disciple.

At least Street Disciple had Thief's Theme. The best Nastradamus has to offer is "Come Get Me" and even that sounds kinda phoned in (much like the rest of the album).

IrishNinja

ya'll killed it with that lupe meme, goddamn

Lupe cant pull off them Cosby sweaters.

Dude look like he bout to bust out the bongos on some "white people do thiiiiiis..." shit.

:dead:

God's Son is his second best album

this is like your weirdest opinion for me since phife > tip, haha

nope,nastradamus is great as well.gets too much hate for no reason.

ibti9gLu7fGSrL.gif

I can't forgive this. I'm sorry. You're on my ignore list now. I'm so sorry. You did this. This is your fault.

co-signing this

It Was Written >>>>> God's Son and Stillmatic.

IWW is fantastic, but some of ya'll downplay Stillmatic way too much. i thought it was pretty important at the time too.

Esch

Banned
since when does sane equal wrong?

i see the words nastradamus and great next to each other in the same sentence. I dont know what sane is anymore

That shit is terrible. No amount of retrospecting, retconning, or revision can make Nastradamus be anything less than a piece of poop pressed into disc form. Even Nas prolly threw away his masters. his mother probably gave him a stern lecture over how bad it was. What is good on this album? The production? Dame Grease and L.E.S? okay lol.... nah. The verses? I cant recall a single goddamn one. I think my brain retroactively erased my listening session with that album and replaced it with an image of an 11 year old toku running to the record store, buying this hot garbage, playing it, and slowly starting to cry.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
y

this is like your weirdest opinion for me since phife > tip, haha

Like you forced me to listen to TICAL 2000 you should listen to God's Son again with an open mind..

Phife and Big Boi should form a super group!

Tokubetsu

i see the words nastradamus and great next to each other in the same sentence. I dont know what sane is anymore

That shit is terrible. No amount of retrospecting, retconning, or revision can make Nastradamus be anything less than a piece of poop pressed into disc form. Even Nas prolly threw away his masters. his mother probably gave him a stern lecture over how bad it was. What is good on this album? The production? Dame Grease and L.E.S? okay lol.... nah. The verses? I cant recall a single goddamn one. I think my brain retroactively erased my listening session with that album and replaced it with an image of an 11 year old toku running to the record store, buying this hot garbage, playing it, and slowly starting to cry.

The sad part is, it's not even really Nas' fault. The original version got leaked, so the label restarted and what we got is just...It's an abortion. Straight up. There is nothing good about it. The entire thing is last minute phoned in sleep raps bullshit with the most boring production. When you're only singles are these pieces of shits....you can only go up (Stillmatic came after Nastradamus):
http://youtu.be/Csh3Q0kia70
http://youtu.be/IAPY3eimwTw

OWE ME BACK LIKE YOU OWE RENT

OH GOD

if you want to talk about nas albums that aren't as bad as people say they are, God's Son and I Am are the only ones I'm willing to budge on.

Esch

Banned
Toku admit it. You cried like a kid on some coal for christmas shit, didnt you.

Also restarting an album because there was a leak is the dumbest shit ever.

Nas should rerelease the original if he can someday or something..

Tokubetsu

Toku admit it. You cried like a kid on some coal for christmas shit, didnt you.

Also restarting an album because there was a leak is the dumbest shit ever.

Nas should rerelease the original if he can someday or something..

It maybe available on the internet like the original version of Mobb Deep's Murda Muzik. I can't remember. I have the original version of Murda Muzik, don't remember ever seeing the bootleg version of Nastradamus though. As far as crying, I don't remember that but I remember trying really hard to liking before it sat in one of my cd cases for years.

Recon

Banned
Lupe definitely looks more ridiculous without a doubt. He's wearing a quilt and has those glasses on.

Those glasses alone are more ridiculous than Rocky's raincoat. Checkmate right there.

Nah, how you gonna front and say Rocky looks better in his raincoat shiny shit and some short shorts.

IrishNinja

i wish original Nastradamus was available online. that and original Tical/adding Deck to that list now too.

Like you forced me to listen to TICAL 2000 you should listen to God's Son again with an open mind..

Phife and Big Boi should form a super group!

haha...id be all over that supergroup too, even if Other Guy from Blankman'd be the logo heh

ill try to revisit it soon, but im picturing loving half the tracks and skipping the other half, we'll see how it holds up

The M.O.B

Nah, how you gonna front and say Rocky looks better in his raincoat shiny shit and some short shorts.

Dude can't make up his mind. Up top it's like he is preparing for a heavy downpour, down below it looks like he was about to go out for a bike ride or something.

Damn here I am in bed, shirtless, reading GAF on my iPod and this shit pops off? Too tired to post my thoughts on Nas even tho I'm bout that life to the fullest. But I will say I can't shake hands with any man who says Nastradamus is a good album.

Recon

Banned
Damn here I am in bed, shirtless, reading GAF on my iPod and this shit pops off? Too tired to post my thoughts on Nas even tho I'm bout that life to the fullest. But I will say I can't shake hands with any man who says Nastradamus is a good album.

Yeah, I would crown God Son a classic before classifying Nastradamus as anything but bad. Also, Pics or it didnt happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom