• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

what the
cousins of Ghost and the GOAT? we need them to post in here, the holidays are coming up and i need solid intel on Supreme Clientele 2

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I think they're cousins in the same way I'm cousins with some people who own a private island. Meaning I might see them once in a blue moon but if I tried to get in on the private island swag, they'd tell me to go fuck myself.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Nastradamus is what happens when a rapper thinks he can put in 5% effort and still get the same results. It's a so shitty that gaffers argue over the proper way to wipe it off their asses.

kamspy

Stillmatic is better than blueprint. Although i prefer reasonable doubt to illmatic.

Nope

Stillmatic is garbage, for the most part.

Yep

God's Son is his second best album

Nope

It Was Written >>>>> God's Son and Stillmatic.

Not close.

= = =

ibti9gLu7fGSrL.gif

Great gif usage.

naw it's a Knicks fan

It's hard being a Knicks fan, but that's no excuse.

Gods Son is actually decent.

Nope

Also, Pics or it didnt happen!

.... ..

Nastradamus is what happens when a rapper thinks he can put in 5% effort and still get the same results. It's a so shitty that gaffers argue over the proper way to wipe it off their asses.

lol, yeah, the vibe I get from this album is definitely "lazy as shit"

I had forgot this was the album with You Owe Me and YOU'RE A BIG GIRL NOOWWWWWW

meh, I dug Project Window (though I think it's a slightly different beat from the I Am bootleg I remember hearing) and Come Get Me, but that's about it.

I never understood the hood's affection with Gucci goggles..

The closest thing I could come up with is that "they see money, with goggles that cost money."

Esch

Banned
In retrospect im enjoying I Am a lot more than i initially did. Its just like a half done effort, but ya, some of my favorite joints are on this. I probably fuck with it on the same level as something like Blueprint 2 or American Gangster, a solid effort with some obvious ehhhhh shit.

kamspy

In retrospect im enjoying I Am a lot more than i initially did. Its just like a half done effort, but ya, some of my favorite joints are on this. I probably fuck with it on the same level as something like Blueprint 2 or American Gangster, a solid effort with some obvious ehhhhh shit.

It's also the album that originated MySpace beats on commercial releases.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Stillmatic was GREAT

From the opening intro to Every Ghetto to that pidgin taking a shit on the cover. Still amazed Hangmen was able to produce the intro. They did some shitty beats on Benzino's album.

Blueprint was meh. I bought both so I'm not playing favorites.

Lhexh

Stillmatic was GREAT

From the opening intro to Every Ghetto to that pidgin taking a shit on the cover. Still amazed Hangmen was able to produce the intro. They did some shitty beats on Benzino's album.

Blueprint was meh. I bought both so I'm not playing favorites.

What the fuck is going on. You bought a Benzino album?

Ah, Stillmatic v Blueprint. I argued this shit many a day as a young ninja. Now I'm a grown ass man so let's go through this shit line by line

Production: I don't see how anyone can deny Blueprint wins this. Kanye and Just Blaze before their prime can't be fucked with. I don't like the Timbo beat. Bink has some dope beats here too.

Stillmatic has some dope producers (Premo, Large Pro, LES) but a lot of the beats sound dated. Rewind is a dope song but that beat didn't age too well. Ether's beat sounds mixtape quality, especially when compared to Takeover.

Lyrics: Nas wins by a mile. More depth, better imagery...you know, the typical shit that makes Nas a better rapper than the camel

Consistency: Let's consider the top tier songs on each album

Blueprint: The Ruler's Back, Takeover, U Don't Know, Heart Of The City, Never Change, Song Cry, Renegade, Breath Easy

Stillmatic: Ether, Got Urself A Gun, You're Da Man, Rewind, One Mic, 2nd Childhood, The Flyest, What Goes Around

When I was a young ninja I argued Stillmatic had better classic songs in part because of the concepts, whereas most of Blueprint is generic stuff (I'm rich, I love you bitch, streets is rough yo, etc). Today...eh. I definitely believe One Mic, 2nd Childhood, and What Goes Around shit on everything on Blueprint but I'd say overall Blueprint's best songs are better.

Verdict: ....Imma have to go with Blueprint brehs. It's close but Blueprint just has better songs overall

did something happen to missy? like cancer or some crazy disease? i recall hearing something like that..

She got Graves Disease back in like 08 so has been laying low for a minute.
She's still ill as far as I know, but it's no longer life threatening.
Her last album was seven years ago and things haven't even moved on that much.....

DominoKid

Ah, Stillmatic v Blueprint. I argued this shit many a day as a young ninja. Now I'm a grown ass man so let's go through this shit line by line

Production: I don't see how anyone can deny Blueprint wins this. Kanye and Just Blaze before their prime can't be fucked with. I don't like the Timbo beat. Bink has some dope beats here too.

Stillmatic has some dope producers (Premo, Large Pro, LES) but a lot of the beats sound dated. Rewind is a dope song but that beat didn't age too well. Ether's beat sounds mixtape quality, especially when compared to Takeover.

Lyrics: Nas wins by a mile. More depth, better imagery...you know, the typical shit that makes Nas a better rapper than the camel

Consistency: Let's consider the top tier songs on each album

Blueprint: The Ruler's Back, Takeover, U Don't Know, Heart Of The City, Never Change, Song Cry, Renegade, Breath Easy

Stillmatic: Ether, Got Urself A Gun, You're Da Man, Rewind, One Mic, 2nd Childhood, The Flyest, What Goes Around

When I was a young ninja I argued Stillmatic had better classic songs in part because of the concepts, whereas most of Blueprint is generic stuff (I'm rich, I love you bitch, streets is rough yo, etc). Today...eh. I definitely believe One Mic, 2nd Childhood, and What Goes Around shit on everything on Blueprint but I'd say overall Blueprint's best songs are better.

Verdict: ....Imma have to go with Blueprint brehs. It's close but Blueprint just has better songs overall

It's kinda not close though. Blueprint really shits on Stillmatic
I mean, it doesn't really matter that Nas' lyrics and concepts are better because Jay's songs are just eons better. That's always been the difference between Jay and Nas. 8 or 9 of the 13 songs are just classic in every sense of the word.
You can say that for Stillmatic about at most 3? (Ether for impact reasons, Gun and One Mic). Shit, One Mic is the only song that's even on the Blueprint's level IMO.

No shame for Stillmatic though, it's just not in the same class.

Recon

Banned
Im a big Nas fan, and Stillmatic is not as good as Blueprint. Although I would steer away from hyperbole like "Blueprint shits on stillmatic", seems childish. One Mic is still one of the best tracks Nas has done, so Stillmatic has worth.

PBY

Banned
Yup. Nas could have a legendary discography if he picked better beats for the majority of his albums.

Edit: Just bought this

51mKtvNNYAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hopefully it is good, been hearing pretty good things.

Whoa that looks reaally nice. I really liked the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom