• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I need a "bare knuckle brawl a rabid bear" to death mix.

...why is my fucking itunes so full of goddamn backpacker rap. GET MAD MOTHERFUCKERS.

kamspy

Weeknd > Frank Ocean

Thought we were bros man....

I like Weeknd and all, but he's not even in the same league as Frank.

House of Balloons is the best humping music I've heard since probably 12 Play, but Frank shits all over Weeknd from a creativity standpoint.

do you not read your own links?
The same link you posted with snippets said it was an old Cudi song for MOTM2, so he isn't back at all lol, but that's cool yall like it.

Weeknd > Frank Ocean

ypSuP.gif

No

CRS

The only downside to that Weeknd news is the release is going to be a compilation.

I wanted all three tapes in an awesome box set.

Cudi on Christian Dior Denim Flow was Shyne on Tha Carter 4 tier.
Might be one of the worst verses I've ever heard.
It's a straight embarrassment. There's nothing redeeming about it, at all.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

kamspy

Sometimes I feel awkward listening to HoB with clothes on, for real man.

And i thought Drake was going to signed The Weeknd. What happened to the Toronto movement?

Hell, in late May he was rumored to be almost signed to Bad Boy. I think all things considered, this is the best case scenario

OG Kush

Cudi even said in an interview that he hated his verse on Christian Dior denim flow and he just wanted "hook duty" but kanye insisted to keep the verse on.

Tokubetsu

Sometimes I feel awkward listening to HoB with clothes on, for real man.

And i thought Drake was going to signed The Weeknd. What happened to the Toronto movement?

EDIT:

He can spit

Drake doesn't have a label (yet). OVO is basically a brand and him co-signing Weeknd is just a putting on for your city type deal.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yeah, actually just got done listening to that, was funny stuff especially slaughthouse concerts being swordfights lmao. Didn't know that Royce felt that way about not being shouted out by Kanye.
Oh it wasn't just a rap line on the album? WTF. I thought that was just some usual nonsense. Still listening.

Cudi even said in an interview that he hated his verse on Christian Dior denim flow and he just wanted "hook duty" but kanye insisted to keep the verse on.
Yeah he says he likes hook duty better than verses, but CuDi flip flops so damn often on his opinions on his own music, god knows anymore.

Yeah man this is what people aren't realising:

Cudi himself said the verse was wack!

It's just impossible to listen to with a straight face. Absolute garbage.
"Looks from the hoes that were more than likely passive."
Can anybody say what that verse is actually about? People say Wanye spits gibberish but Cudi constantly gets a pass.....

kamspy

100% FACTS HERE NO NEED TO DEBATE

It's a silly debate anyways. It's like comparing Rush and Metallica. Just cuz they both use guitars doesn't make them the same genre.

Doesn't really matter anyways because Frank Ocean is the greatest musician alive. Basically our generation's John Lennon.

The Weeknd's whole aesthetic makes Frank sound basic. Plus he's probably got a better voice than him too.
But he doesn't have a Nostalgia, Ultra. He doesn't even have a Channel Orange.

Plus that dude can't even spell so fuck him.

Esch

Banned
HoB poops on Channel Orange from a high height like a medieval lord from one of those sky toilets dropping deuce on a peasant. HoB is original, it has a cohesive theme and aesthetic throughout and quite frankly, Weeknd is the better singer.

Nostalgia is a good album, but it suffers from a weak middle... The tape's whole strength is that it has a couple awesome, great, catchy ass songs, but when an individual track doesnt hold up to that standard it fucks up the flow of the whole thing as a listening experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom