• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Where is this Slaughterhouse interview?

But yeah, as a whole they could be Morton Salt spokesmen and they all are perpetually on their male periods. McDonalds could save millions a year by playing a Slaughterhouse album next to the french fry warmer instead of using actual salt.

Where is this Slaughterhouse interview?

We have been blessed today gentlemen: New Juan Epstein with Slaughterhouse.

there you go
It was a weird interview altogether. Them talking about how they've been crying every 10 minutes or so, etc.

Crooked is usually the one being so emotional about what Slaughterhouse means to his career but damn it was everyone else this time.

i felt the exact same way, like even if the subject changed at one point it somehow lead back to someone crying lol.

illadelph

listened to two 90s albums over the weekend:

big_l.jpg

Queen+Latifah+-+Black+Reign+(1993)+(Front)+RapPalata.net.jpg

I had heard The Big Picture, but never Lifestylez in its entirety. The guy was a punchline rapper with actual punchlines, not corny similes and thoughtless word association. A complete package of an emcee...flow, humor, storytelling, a shit load of charisma...it is a shame that he never really got to shine.

Now onto Black Reign....how come I have never heard anyone ever talk about this shit even once in my life? I downloaded it on a whim not really knowing what to expect and it ends up being incredible. Queen Latifah surprised the hell outta me....she was spittin, singing (well) and had some great beats and concepts. Everybody needs to give this a listen.

HiResDes

Here's my take on Weeknd vs. Frank Ocean

It really is an apples to oranges comparison. Although I've badmouthed Channel Orange, I've enjoyed Frank's work and I even fuck with like a quarter of that album. The problems I had with some of the tracks are that they really do sound rather safe despite the bi-sexual lyricism. The best tracks on the albums are those in which both the production and lyrics have bite and showcase a real fluidity. Frank seems to sound better over rather bare production, with a bit of grit. Crack Rock is ingenius, but if the production would have just reached a little darker it would have been monumental. Too often throughout the album do the songs begin to reach this sort of comfort level, resulting in them sounding like Musiq b-sides. Frank's lyricism also sometimes reaches too far for an out-of-place metaphor, Forest Gump is really cheesy because of this. If Weeknd's strength is his immediacy then Frank's weakness might just be his reliance on doublespeak.

The Weeknd as alluded to previously makes song for the moment. The lyrical comparison is ridiculous, as The Weeknd freestyles verses and choruses and suits his music for entirely different purposes. Channel Orange relaxes and puts you to bed, while The Weeknd's music is better suited for getting her or him in bed. The Weeknd's creative success is definitely more tied to the production than Frank, but I wouldn't say this as an artistic detractor. In fact, you could make the argument for the contrary, given that The Weeknd has such a direct control over every facet of his music, and as a result he has fewer contemporaries. There are only Weeknd clones.

The library comparison goes as follows: Frank has the best album, but The Weeknd has twice as many good songs.

Edit: Also I really am confused as to why Bj The Chicago Kid isn't mentioned more

Tokubetsu

Here's my take on Weeknd vs. Frank Ocean

It really is a apples to oranges comparison. Although I've badmouthed Channel Orange, I've enjoyed Frank's work and I even fuck with like a quarter of that album. The problems I had with some of the tracks are that they really do sound rather safe despite the bi-sexual lyricism. The best tracks on the albums are in those in which both the production and lyrics have bite and showcase a real fluidity. Frank seems to sound better over rather bare production, with a bit of grit. Crack Rock is ingenius, but if the production would have just reached a little darker it would have been monumental. Too often throughout the album do the songs begin to this sort of comfort level, resulting in them sounding like Musiq b-sides. Frank's lyricism also sometimes reaches too far for an out-of-place metaphor, Forest Gump is really cheesy because of this. If Weeknd's strength is his immediacy then Frank's weakness might just be his reliance on doublespeak.

The Weeknd as alluded to previously makes song for the moment. The lyrical comparison is ridiculous, as The Weeknd freestyles verses and choruses and suits his music for entirely different purposes. Channel Orange relaxes and puts you to bed, while The Weeknd's music is better suited for getting her or him in bed. The Weeknd's creative success is definitely more tied to the production than Frank, but I wouldn't say this as artistic detractor. In fact, you could make the argument for the contrary, given that The Weeknd has such a direct control over every facet of his music, and as a result he has fewer contemporaries. There are only Weeknd clones.

The library comparison goes as follows: Frank has the best album, but The Weeknd has twice as many good songs.

Edit: Also I really am comparison as to why Bj The Chicago Kid isn't mentioned more

Wouldn't be an HRD post without a mention of an underdog.

kamspy

My dude just gifted my Borderlands 2. Fucking YES.

I will be there day 1. We really need a GAF HOP group for that game. I forsee some epic moments

Danny Brown "Change"
http://soundcloud.com/new-world-color/danny-brown-change
http://newworldcolor.com/post/31345862322/danny-brown-change
Those complaining about Danny's voice might prefer this to his recent stuff.

I dig it, but I prefer high pitched Danny.

Is that really a beaten face on this dudes neck

Danny Brown - "Gypped by a Crackhead"

more danny, happy bday K jack.

The laugh track is distracting as fuck, but I do like these type of animated shorts.

http://youtu.be/HSqTXGH93rE

More reasons to love Gunplay.

What a cool guy
:3

Just finished listening to the album.[first time] It's good. I usually listen to it more than once but this is my first impression. X always delivers.

Thats good to hear. How many songs are on it? And how many songs Dame Grease produce?

With artists I really like I wait until I have the actual CD before listening to it. Ill probably pick it over the next day or two. Looking forward to hearing it, im not expecting him to drop a classic, but its been a while since i played through a new X album.

You're not trustworthy then

Lets not have this conversation again.

Wheres that 90s playlist you promised us??

Thats good to hear. How many songs are on it? And how many songs Dame Grease produce?

With artists I really like I wait until I have the actual CD before listening to it. Ill probably pick it over the next day or two. Looking forward to hearing it, im not expecting him to drop a classic, but its been a while since i played through a new X album.

Lets not have this conversation again.

Wheres that 90s playlist you promised us??

17 tracks and 3 on the deluxe edition. Dame produced 4 tracks.

Yo Royce is really angry at Kanye. Actually, he played it off like he wasn't.

...actually you know what I'm not even sure what the hell he meant. Kanye cut off his speech early and didn't name literally everyone in the category and dude feels Ye is sending him some sort of message? Dude could have simply forgot everyone else who was nominated, and Royce is picking implications out of semantics really.

I have no doubt in my mind that Kanye would mess with Slaughterhouse.
Shit, Kanye likes everything really.

Royce and Kanye had some issues 6-7 years back over THIS track being leaked without Royce having paid for it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still a bit salty over how that went down and is dying for a way to take shots.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Royce and Kanye had some issues 6-7 years back over THIS track being leaked without Royce having paid for it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still a bit salty over how that went down and is dying for a way to take shots.
Never knew about this. I doubt he can even recall such a thing but it probably just stings even more with this in the back of his head.

He did preface with no disrespect to Kanye at all in any way, but it seems like he just had a way it was all phrased or the implications of what he said. Basically getting cheesed off of semantics. I don't think he wants beef, he knows throwing shots at Kanye is a no-no in the industry unless your the based god.

Royce has been weird as fuck in interviews recently, constantly bringing up his marriage breaking up recently, etc. I'm not sure if this is just part of the PR cycle or dude is just in a vulnerable state right now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got some shit to say about that Weeknd/Ocean shit earlier

Weeknd = Frank Ocean

Fuckin' to Weekend is like, get up from behind and kiss the back of her neck as you lightly choke her to climax, Frank is more like, throw her around the bed and leave no blankets on the actual bed because you're switchin' shit up every two minutes.

Either way, I'm getting laid and it's cool.

Question,

Busta only had 2 hot albums right? The Coming and When Disaster Strikes...

right?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
no love for Ignorant 22?

edit: The Big Bang is so good but so overlooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom