• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a silly debate anyways. It's like comparing Rush and Metallica. Just cuz they both use guitars doesn't make them the same genre.

Doesn't really matter anyways because Frank Ocean is the greatest musician alive. Basically our generation's John Lennon.

lmao. I will say though that his songwriting is pretty damn good for a dude with just two albums out.

Ocean > Weeknd. But I saw Weeknd live at that OVOfest and his voice really holds up well on stage.

Oh and yeah Danny Brown's new voice > old.

Esch

Banned
I sure am glad that my body and mind is able to exist in this universe in which I am able to enjoy Frank Ocean and The Weeknd

I do too, but I recognize one is superior to the other, much in the same way that Wendy's stands triumphant over the lessors Burger King and McDonalds.

EDIT: also enzo rule wrong again. I might have to revise this hypothesis.

CRS

I sure am glad that my body and mind is able to exist in this universe in which I am able to enjoy Frank Ocean and The Weeknd

Danny Brown's new voice? He's always rapped like that, just not as much as his high-pitched alternative that most are used to.

I can't wait for this Danny Johnson album. Just from this track I can tell that it's going to be an amazing album to relax and smoke to.

Also, that animated Danny Brown video is amazing. Avatars coming soon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Frank has 2 classics and Weeknd only has 1.
Frank had something else before Nostalgia,ultra and you've heard Trilogy early?

I do too. I think I've actually listened to Nostalgia,Ultra more than all 3 Weekend joints but the output is incomparable. Maybe listening to the Lonny Breaux collection was a bad idea.

CRS

Future > beetles

doug-the-beets.jpg

?

CRS

Frank had something else before Nostalgia,ultra and you've heard Trilogy early?

I do too. I think I've actually listened to Nostalgia,Ultra more than all 3 Weekend joints but the output is incomparable. Maybe listening to the Lonny Breaux collection was a bad idea.

You can't take that into consideration (even though it has one of his best songs, Acurta Integurl). Abel's material before he met Zodiac(?) wasn't that great at all.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

IrishNinja

ya'll keep sayin Future, but that's that dude from 8 mile, pretty sure you mean Guicci

I really like where RnB is, and there are a bunch of artists still on that smooth 90s shit like Masspike Miles, Kevin Cossom, August A., Rocki Evans,etc.

who
i mean make a thread/post/something, my dude we are hungry some of us been up all night
we aint gone to work, we aint banged these hoes etc etc

You and I know that you really mean this, but you are taking the opportunity of jokes being tossed around to cover up the truth.

dat avatar with this post, damn

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You can't take that into consideration (even though it has one of his best songs, Acurta Integurl). Abel's material before he met Zodiac(?) wasn't that great at all.
Fair enough. Acura Integurl was made after all the rest of the material though, was it not? Still, consistency wise after-breakout, I'd give the edge to Weeknd.

Frank Ocean is the human being most responsible for getting me through the hardest year of my life.
Fair enough as well. TCD (and then MBDTF) were perfectly timed in my life and make me such a huge fan of Ye.

You and I know that you really mean this, but you are taking the opportunity of jokes being tossed around to cover up the truth.
AMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLIAMILLI

Fair enough. Acura Integurl was made after all the rest of the material though, was it not? Still, consistency wise after-breakout, I'd give the edge to Weeknd.
I would give it to Weeknd, but I can't mess with 80% of Thursday, but yeah, I never listened to the Lonny Breux thing too, recall Frank not wanting people to listen to his old stuff and i figure for a good reason.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would give it to Weeknd, but I can't mess with 80% of Thursday, but yeah, I never listened to the Lonny Breux thing too, recall Frank not wanting people to listen to his old stuff and i figure for a good reason.
Most of it sounds unfinished/unmastered and most likelily is. If I was an artist though, I'd absolutely hate my unfinished shit, AND the songs that I thought I did that were too wack to put out getting out too. It's understandable, and sucks, but I needed more of a Frank Ocean fix at the time since I was about to kill Nostalgia,Ultra for myself listening to it so much.

The Weeknd is a much better singer.
But his lyrical content is as much as a disaster as today
was years ago.
Frank shits on him. That runny shit full of creativity and diversity.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo Royce is really angry at Kanye. Actually, he played it off like he wasn't.

...actually you know what I'm not even sure what the hell he meant. Kanye cut off his speech early and didn't name literally everyone in the category and dude feels Ye is sending him some sort of message? Dude could have simply forgot everyone else who was nominated, and Royce is picking implications out of semantics really.

I have no doubt in my mind that Kanye would mess with Slaughterhouse.
Shit, Kanye likes everything really.

Yo Royce is really angry at Kanye. Actually, he played it off like he wasn't.

...actually you know what I'm not even sure what the hell he meant. Kanye cut off his speech early and didn't name literally everyone in the category and dude feels Ye is sending him some sort of message? Dude could have simply forgot everyone else who was nominated, and Royce is picking implications out of semantics really.

I have no doubt in my mind that Kanye would mess with Slaughterhouse.
Shit, Kanye likes everything really.

Royce and Joe Budden came off pretty salty in that interview at times lol. Kind of surprised how emotional these two are, but then again I'm not.

100% FACTS HERE NO NEED TO DEBATE

I just enjoy Weeknd's music much more than Frank's. I found Channel Orange to be really boring, but was entertained throughout with most of Weeknd's releases. I enjoy the production on Frank's stuff more, but Weeknd's singing is just more interesting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Royce and Joe Budden came off pretty salty in that interview at times lol. Kind of surprised how emotional these two are, but then again I'm not.
It was a weird interview altogether. Them talking about how they've been crying every 10 minutes or so, etc.

Crooked is usually the one being so emotional about what Slaughterhouse means to his career but damn it was everyone else this time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Royce need to recognize his lane & stop bitching, there's consequences for being the next Consequence nahmean

And this fool has already lived through that once. Can you imagine being best bros with Eminem during his rise and missing the gravy train because you're NaCL content was too high? He may want to relax a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom