• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To The World is really good.

Album is shaping up to be pretty good. I'm a bit worried since I wasn't feeling a lot of those previews, but out of the songs released thus far I can already say this album will be good.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yep. Gonna add you right now. Anyone else need added let me know.

EDIT: you gotta accept my FR first I think.

hit me up. i think its either drumbasher182 or Monosylabik (that first username is from like, Half Life 2 release lol, days ago, blink 182 in the fucking house).

PBY

Banned
To The World is really good.

Album is shaping up to be pretty good. I'm a bit worried since I wasn't feeling a lot of those previews, but out of the songs released thus far I can already say this album will be good.

Way more sing-y/r and b-y hooks than I expected...shockingly its working for me though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Way more sing-y/r and b-y hooks than I expected...shockingly its working for me though.
Yeah it really is. I'm not down with a lot of the production though, but I really need to hear it all.

I caved in and downloaded stuff because I really wanted to hear Sin City, but now I think I'm just gonna wait for the full thing.

EDIT: I have to add, it's quite nice to hear a song with Kellz on it again that isn't wack. Been a while.

Recon

Banned
Damn, this "Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them" is fucking dope. Right up there with "Below The Heavens" and "Her Favorite Colo(u)r".

iavi

Erick's production is pretty good (didn't he JUST get added to the group officially?) but Juice is corny 98% of the time.

Juice is dope. What it this shit, mane?

--

Ye's Verse and the production on to the World is dope as hell, but I can't stand R, at all.

E: not feeling GOOD MUSIC at all.

Tokubetsu

Anyone heard the Illmind of Hospin 5? I was a fan of this guy when he was getting less than a thousand views on his videos. Now, each one gets 10 mil plus. Wow. It doesn't hurt that he's great, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U&feature=player_embedded#!

ibbJxhL9eDSgrj.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Its GAF-Hop my dude. Dont try to understand.
Really? That's so strange. A young guy who's dealt with a lot of label BS, finally gets some shine, and takes his time trying to put out good music with genuine effort. He also seems to challenge himself to improve his delivery and message. I would have thought GAF-hop would support that type of effort.

because he's hospin.
. . . . . . And?

Never heard anything about him before, listened to that link. Contents not really my thing, has an early slim shady vibe to him.

Not my thing, but he has a little flow.

Edit: God damn this dude has a lot of youtube views.

Esch

Banned
something something not a bit of originality something something lame contacts gimmick something something pathetic attempts to get buzz by taking shots at relevant rappers something something not enough of a consistently good songwriter to tolerate the rest of that something something just plain corny as hell and way too hard to be in your face

Recon

Banned
Hopsin tries way too fucking hard to be weird/edgy. His constant shitting on other artists is annoying too. Not to mention that most of his songs sound the same. The guy has skill, I just dont like him.

Hopsin is corny as fuck man. Dude bites off eminem so heavily, I just feel dirty listening to him. I don't hate the guy just based off one song either, I tried to give him a shot, but all of his stuff amounts to label this label that, what rappers are doing nowadays, etc etc.

I don't want to hear about that shit yo. This is 2012 why are people still complaining about mainstream music, there's so many artists out there approaching rap in different ways. Also, rappers doing 30-100k and shit doing indie.

When I buy someone's album the last thing I want to hear about is someone rapping about how mainstream music is. Shit is pathetic man, that shit maybe was cool back when Nas said hip-hop is dead, but that was like 5 years ago. Also, if I wanted to hear eminem, I'd pop in eminem's music.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
something something not a bit of originality something something lame contacts gimmick something something pathetic attempts to get buzz by taking shots at relevant rappers something something not enough of a consistently good songwriter to tolerate the rest of that something something just plain corny as hell and way too hard to be in your face
His visuals can be annoying. When you ignore them, though, and just focus on his songs, he becomes much more likable. He doesn't need a gimmick. His skills are good enough to stand on their own. I can't hate on him for that, though. So many rappers these days incorporate a visual gimmick, and Hopsin has been doing it for years (before it became mainstream).

I can't hate on him for shitting on other rappers, either (the only rappers I've heard him diss, though, are Drake, Wayne and Tyler). So many artists, especially Em (who influenced Hopsin the most) did it with great success.

Also when Tyler the Creator blew up, Hopsin tried to make a diss towards him talking about he stole his style as if Hopsin created the bullshit he does nowadays.

Tokubetsu

Hopsin is corny as fuck man. Dude bites off eminem so heavily, I just feel dirty listening to him. I don't hate the guy just based off one song either, I tried to give him a shot, but all of his stuff amounts to label this label that, what rappers are doing nowadays, etc etc.

I don't want to hear about that shit yo. This is 2012 why are people still complaining about mainstream music, there's so many artists out there approaching rap in different ways. Also, rappers doing 30-100k and shit doing indie.

When I buy someone's album the last thing I want to hear about is someone rapping about how mainstream music is. Shit is pathetic man, that shit maybe was cool back when Nas said hip-hop is dead, but that was like 5 years ago. Also, if I wanted to hear eminem, I'd pop in eminem's music.

Pretty much.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Also when Tyler the Creator blew up, Hopsin tried to make a diss towards him talking about he stole his style as if Hopsin created the bullshit he does nowadays.
Damn, you sound really mad about this, lol.

I just thought he sounded good.

EDIT: BTW, Illmind 5 has none of what you're complaining about. He's said that for his next album he wants to leave all of that label shit behind him.

His visuals can be annoying. When you ignore them, though, and just focus on his songs, he becomes much more likable. He doesn't need a gimmick. His skills are good enough to stand on their own. I can't hate on him for that, though. So many rappers these days incorporate a visual gimmick, and Hopsin has been doing it for years (before it became mainstream).

I can't hate on him for shitting on other rappers, either (the only rappers I've heard him diss, though, are Drake, Wayne and Tyler). So many artists, especially Em (who influenced Hopsin the most) did it with great success.

That was a different time. And Em came up dissing pop stars and people who wouldnt come back at him. It was massively successful, but very different from what hopsins doing to be fair.

Grzi

Verse of the year for me is Gunplay on Power Circle.
Listened to that verse a million times probably, don't ever listen to the rest of the song.

Esch

Banned

He doesnt need a gimmick, but he loves them. And please don't sell me on the visual gimmick being a hopsin invention, that's just silly. Hopsin wasnt even the first rapper to rock those lame ass contacts.

I can and WILL hate on him for shitting on other rappers for the exact reason Tguy said: we're past that "not real hip hop" and underground mainstream shit. The underground and mainstream are not shades of black and white anymore. I don't like Eminem much either... But let's be real Eminem never picked a fight with a real rapper. He bodied his family in verses and underground dudes who could never respond on the same scale. Well, and Mariah Carey, lol.

Recon

Banned
That was a different time. And Em came up dissing pop stars and people who wouldnt come back at him. It was massively successful, but very different from what hopsins doing to be fair.

Em took ridiculous shots because it was pretty funny most of the time. Hopsin's shots are seemingly at random and just for attention.

njean777

LOL at Kanye's line "R Kelly, and the god of rap, Holy Crap" that line made me laugh so hard. I am so ready for this album.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, then, let Hopsin diss Drake & Tyler. I miss old fashioned battle tracks (as long as it stayed on wax). It's a part of hip hop. Using someone else's fame to catapult yourself is a viable and accepted tactic in hip hop. From the early days to now. Hell, I think it should be encouraged. Helps breed competition and forces artists to improve and stay fresh. '

It's hip hop. From the early days to now.

PBY

Banned
Probably already posted... but no joke this is the best news I've heard all day.

INSTANTLY my most anticipated project right now.

Wiz KhalifaVerified
‏@RealWizKhalifa

Cabin Fever 2?

Recon

Banned
But let's be real Eminem never picked a fight with a real rapper. He bodied his family in verses and underground dudes who could never respond on the same scale. Well, and Mariah Carey, lol.

It is amazing how simple minded this is. Em came around and pretty much opened up his closet to show every skeleton he had. He only trashed his mom and psycho ex. That is what I loved about Em back then. Nothing was off limits about his life in his rhymes. There are not a lot of mainstream artists that let the audience in like that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He doesnt need a gimmick, but he loves them. And please don't sell me on the visual gimmick being a hopsin invention, that's just silly. Hopsin wasnt even the first rapper to rock those lame ass contacts.

I can and WILL hate on him for shitting on other rappers for the exact reason Tguy said: we're past that "not real hip hop" and underground mainstream shit. The underground and mainstream are not shades of black and white anymore. I don't like Eminem much either... But let's be real Eminem never picked a fight with a real rapper. He bodied his family in verses and underground dudes who could never respond on the same scale. Well, and Mariah Carey, lol.
Why is Hopsin dissing established artists a bad thing? Shit, I still listen to How to Rob.

Of course he's doing it for attention, and he fucking should. It's a part of hip hop. Even back in the old djs and MCs days. You would go to the park and start a battle with the established cats simply for attention for yourself.

Damn, you sound really mad about this, lol.

I just thought he sounded good.

EDIT: BTW, Illmind 5 has none of what you're complaining about. He's said that for his next album he wants to leave all of that label shit behind him.
Don't have to be mad to speak the truth.

IIRC, the last minute of Illmind5, hopsin starts talking about rappers. Correct me if I'm wrong

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, it's not like Hopsin is doing BS. Videos with 16 mil views each, and a completely independent album that has sold 100K+ (I don't know how).

And if he's bitter and angry, then good. Let him diss Tyler, and let Tyler diss back (if he wants to). Beef like that may seem petty, but fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom