• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

whats GAF-Hop's thoughts on BlackenedWhite? I'm going through it again right now and its really, really good. Gun Sounds, Brain, Loaded, Hell, Loco, Chordaroy, damn.

Recon

Banned
Well, it's not like Hopsin is doing BS. Videos with 16 mil views each, and a completely independent album that has sold 100K+ (I don't know how).

And if he's bitter and angry, then good. Let him diss Tyler, and let Tyler diss back (if he wants to). Beef like that may seem petty, but fuck it.

You have to understand. It isnt one individual thing about Hopsin, it is all those little things added together that makes him intolerable to most. Nit picking about one or two complaints doesnt change the fact that those things together turn a lot of people off.

Hootie

With undoubtedly more Juicy J.

imzReaCrNpTNk.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You have to understand. It isnt one individual thing about Hopsin, it is all those little things added together that makes him intolerable to most. Nit picking about one or two complaints doesnt change the fact that those things together turn a lot of people off.
I guess it's just me. Dissing more established artists (even if it's just because they're more established) doesn't "turn me off". I accept it as a legitimate part of hip hop because it has been since it started. It's why you've got to stay sharp for challengers.

Yeah, the visual gimmicks used to annoy me too, and I did stop liking him for a while too. I don't know. I just don't care now. Dude can rap, and that's what I care about. Yeah, he's a Slim Shady rip off, but Em hasn't been slim shady in more than a decade. There's little true originality left, anyway, unfortunately.

Esch

Banned
Why is Hopsin dissing established artists a bad thing? Shit, I still listen to How to Rob.

Of course he's doing it for attention, and he fucking should. It's a part of hip hop. Even back in the old djs and MCs days. You would go to the park and start a battle with the established cats simply for attention for yourself.
Im not a 50 cent enthusiast.

Battle rap doesnt have any importance today, and neither do beefs. Even between rappers with an actual career (see Drake-Common, Pusha-Weezy). And if you are into battle rap, there is an established scene for that.

The way hopsin does it isnt even in a rivalry on the come up, just some random cornball on Youtube taking shots at dudes on a different level of relevance. Biting at ankles. Aint nobody got time for that. Hopsin is like that high school kid at the bar picking fights with D-1 linemen, they dont even know he exists, nobody hears his barks.

Also im really sad Leaving the Docks got a video and not WOH. blunder.

Well, it's not like Hopsin is doing BS. Videos with 16 mil views each, and a completely independent album that has sold 100K+ (I don't know how).

And if he's bitter and angry, then good. Let him diss Tyler, and let Tyler diss back (if he wants to). Beef like that may seem petty, but fuck it.

Well, good job for hopsin. I can't get into him, but those are my reasons why.
"Bitches see my bitches and consider tryin' women."

UGLY GIRL IN BACKGROUND.

lmao, yo Imma needs your eyes at night time, I honestly can't even tell if she is ugly or not. She look like she has a body tho *shrugs*

PBY

Banned
Cabin Fever 2 will never come out. Gotta get dem samples cleared

No joke- Cabin Fever 1 might have one of the craziest sample flips I've ever heard. We Are the Champions is nearly unrecognizeable, and the songs a total banger.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Im not a 50 cent enthusiast.

Battle rap doesnt have any importance today, and neither do beefs. Even between rappers with an actual career (see Drake-Common, Pusha-Weezy). And if you are into battle rap, there is an established scene for that.

The way hopsin does it isnt even in a rivalry on the come up, just some random cornball on Youtube taking shots at dudes on a different level of relevance. Biting at ankles. Aint nobody got time for that. Hopsin is like that high school kid at the bar picking fights with D-1 linemen, they dont even know he exists, nobody hears his barks.

Also im really sad Leaving the Docks got a video and not WOH. blunder.
In my opinion, the whole "it's not relevant anymore" debate is just as silly as the "real hip hop" shit that used to go on. It's a viable part of Hip-Hop. Is he biting at ankles? Yes, he is. Good for him. He's hungry. Is he doing it for attention? Of course he is, but at least he's putting out decent music in the process. Tyler gets attention through whatever weird ass gimmick he has, Wayne gets attention though a billion tattoos and weird ass clothes, Drake gets attention by starting club fights over RnB divas. Hopsin is trying to get attention by dissing more established artists. If he can do it well, then good for him.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I know, I was just joking since that Currensy x Wiz tape was suppose to come out like a month ago, but they wanted to get the samples cleared.

Well I can only imagine how HIGH those two were.. so about a billion things could wrong with their mixtape

Recon

Banned
Well I can only imagine how HIGH those two were.. so about a billion things could wrong with their mixtape

Pretty sure they smoked so much and forgot to turn on the equipment, so they lied and said it was "sample issues". But now Wiz is into frilly dresses and lace, so it aint ever coming out.

What you all been waiting for,

Production credits

1. The Black Keys / RZA : The Baddest Man Alive [produced by The Black Keys and The RZA]
2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P. / Pharoahe Monch : Black Out [produced by Fizzy Womack]
3. Kanye West : White Dress [produced by Kanye West and The RZA]
4. The Revelations feat. Tre Williams : I Forgot To Be Your Lover [produced by Bob Perry]
5. Idol Warship [Talib Kweli / RES] : Get Your Way [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
6. The Wu-Tang Clan / Kool G Rap : Rivers of Blood [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / Street Life : Built For This [produced by Frank Dukes]
8. Killa Sin : The Archer [produced by Frank Dukes]
9. RZA / Flatbush Zombies : Just Blowin' In The Wind [produced by The RZA]
10. Pusha T / Raekwon / Joell Ortiz : Tick, Tock [produced by Frank Dukes and S-1]
11. Corrine Bailey Rae : Chains [produced by Steven James Brown and Corrine Bailey Rae]
12. Francis Yip : Green Is The Mountain
13. The Wu-Tang Clan : Six Directions of Boxing [produced by Frank Dukes]
14. Mable John : Your Good Thing (Is About To Come To An End) [produced by Isaac Hayes and David Porter]
15. Wiz Khalifa / Ghostface Killah / Boy Jones : I Go Hard [produced by The RZA]

I am really really surprised BBNG is on it.

Damn they going way back with Kool G

kamspy

Hopsin is a very competent rapper. I just hate the words that come out of his mouth. One of those deals. I'll throw Tech 9ine in that group too.

kamspy

"3mil record deal" lol. I have no idea how they plan on recouping that

Tours if no thing else. I just gave the dude $64 yesterday for two tix.

It's gonna be a weird concert. I expect Danny Brown to open, and he's the act of the three I want to see most. Then School, then ASAP. Wonder how the reverse setlist is gonna work with my energy. Good thing ASAP has those swag anthems at least to pump me up after Danny and School.

Really, I couldn't have put together a better bill at a better venue if I tried right now (within reason etc.). This is pretty much a perfect concert for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom