• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

I got your back Enzo. I have no doubts you will love this album. If you liked those GOOD Friday tracks, this is basically a full album of that but with a bit more structure.
Outside of Mercy, New God, Clique and I Don't Like, none of the tracks have anything on the best of the good friday tracks.

Recon

Banned
Outside of Mercy, New God, Clique and I Don't Like, none of the tracks have anything on the best of the good friday tracks.

I liked the GOOD Friday tracks, but they felt so directionless. Just a bunch of verses thrown together. This works better as a cohesive album. And it should, because those were just quickly put together tracks to get hype up.

Recon

Banned
so did you hear the other half of that album in the last ten minutes

Haha, yeah, but not really. The tracks I didnt have were all ones I had heard before. I still stand by my statement. The only track that didnt have that structure, i feel, is "I Dont Like" Remix. But that shit goes pretty hard, so I dont mind.

Macca

I liked the GOOD Friday tracks, but they felt so directionless. Just a bunch of verses thrown together. This works better as a cohesive album. And it should, because those were just quickly put together tracks to get hype up.
Well, directionless is what I would call this album. I mean, having I Don't Like as the closer? When it doesn't fit with any of the 5 songs before it is so out of place.

I only bothered myself to listen to the album once, but directionless isn't what I'd call this album. Only I don't like seems a bit out of place, but for the rest of the album verses/songs seem to have a consistent theme. Either way, people were mad at Kanye for flossing on WTT, but he does it like 10x as much on here.

IrishNinja

yeah, its pretty much a bragadocious album, which as recons has shown, if you're in the mood for that, it's a good look. im with tguy tho; cant see liking this and not WTT but that's just me.

yall talked about this Brother Ali freestyle a few pages back right? even if, more people gotta hear this cause goddamn

Recon

Banned
Well, directionless is what I would call this album. I mean, having I Don't Like as the closer? When it doesn't fit with any of the 5 songs before it is so out of place.

I totally agree that it doesnt belong on the album. Was one of my many complaints about MBDTF, lazy inclusion of random GOOD Friday tracks because people really liked them. The album is not a 10/10 for me, so I get the complaints. I just found it to be much more enjoyable than the things Kanye has shitted out in the past.

yeah, its pretty much a bragadocious album, which as recons has shown, if you're in the mood for that, it's a good look. im with tguy tho; cant see liking this and not WTT but that's just me.

yall talked about this Brother Ali freestyle a few pages back right? even if, more people gotta hear this cause goddamn

This is a much more "Chill" vibe than WTT. Also, the rhymes on Cruel Summer are much, MUCH better than what was on WTT.

I only bothered myself to listen to the album once, but directionless isn't what I'd call this album. Only I don't like seems a bit out of place, but for the rest of the album verses/songs seem to have a consistent theme. Either way, people were mad at Kanye for flossing on WTT, but he does it like 10x as much on here.

I have come to accept Swag Yeezy as the only Yeezy left. I aint mad no more. Yeezy taught me well...

I think beats are a huge factor too, I can see people not liking WTT beats and going for more what CS gives. I do think the rhymes are better for the most part or at least more memorable
Soon Recon will come to accept 40 water

Huh? Recon already likes Drake's producer.

Recon

Banned
I need this quote on a Ken Kutaragi pic

JessS.png

Eh I only really like the first three (and GFK on the fourth) songs on the album. The rest are just eh except for that track with Mase.

But really the first three make for an awesome opener. Kid Cudi is fucking embarrassing though. I was laughing when his track came on.

Detox

E40 and DJ Quik have a concert in London on the 22nd but 9 days later Nas got a show too. I'm not sure which one to go to, I've only seen Nas perform a small solo set on the Distant Relatives tour but a west coast show doesn't get any bigger for me than Quik and E40 unless Dre goes on a Detox tour. Which one would you guys pick?

Lhexh

Dissapointed I heard the majority of the cd before it leaked.... What the fuck is kanye doing. Oh and stop sleeping on Cyhi. Grab his two mixtapes. Stop sleeping on Banks while your at it too. Lloyd.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
E40 and DJ Quik have a concert in London on the 22nd but 9 days later Nas got a show too. I'm not sure which one to go to, I've only seen Nas perform a small solo set on the Distant Relatives tour but a west coast show doesn't get any bigger for me than Quik and E40 unless Dre goes on a Detox tour. Which one would you guys pick?

40 and Quik hands down..

HiResDes

You know what I just realized, I forgot about Reks when I made my last two quarter wrapups. He has two incredible releases this year. He has two albums that could go in my top ten. Rapper of the year, so far.

Esch

Banned
IDK who id even call RotY... shit. I have been seriously enjoying me some Bronsonelli this year though, he just NEEDS to drop that alc and fraud stuff, smh.

also Des this Chaind Vol 1. shit is changing my life

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

I thought Nas gave a shit performance when I saw him. Just screamed all his lyrics with his vocals turned up way too high. He did mostly it was written and illmatic stuff when I saw him too, which initially had me excited but I was disappointed as fuck. Just another rapper who never learned how to perform live.

Quik on the other hand, while I've never seen live, his live CD was great. And E40 looks like he knows how to put a fun performance on.

Detox

I thought Nas gave a shit performance when I saw him. Just screamed all his lyrics with his vocals turned up way too high. He did mostly it was written and illmatic stuff when I saw him too, which initially had me excited but I was disappointed as fuck. Just another rapper who never learned how to perform live.

Quik on the other hand, while I've never seen live, his live CD was great. And E40 looks like he knows how to put a fun performance on.

Pete Rosenberg who seems like a Nas stan mentioned his performances have been incredible since working with Damian Marley. I must say he was amazing when I saw him, but 40 and Quik is a ridiculous combo. I think I need to sleep on this.

OG Kush

FUCK. I'm leaving London on the 22nd for uni... would love to see Quik, one of my favs and never seen him before.

kamspy

My girl has a stack of Wii games for her son, so I went ahead and tried to get Dolphin running on my pc and HOLY MOTHER OF HIGH DEF MARIO GALAXY. I'm starting the weekend early. Bag of weed and a generation worth of Nintendo exclusives to play in HD for the first time. Bout to even go buy a Wiimote and a sensor bar.

PBY

Banned
NEW GOD FLOW 2.0

Wasn't super into the song with the old outtro- its crazy how now its like my favorite song off the album. So good.

OG Kush

My girl has a stack of Wii games for her son, so I went ahead and tried to get Dolphin running on my pc and HOLY MOTHER OF HIGH DEF MARIO GALAXY. I'm starting the weekend early. Bag of weed and a generation worth of Nintendo exclusives to play in HD for the first time. Bout to even go buy a Wiimote and a sensor bar.

Damn this sounds amazing. How do I do this? Do PC DVD readers read wii discs? or do you have to download the roms? Can you play SMG with a normal controller?

kamspy

You can't talk about dolphins here.

Damn this sounds amazing. How do I do this? Do PC DVD readers read wii discs? or do you have to download the roms? Can you play SMG with a normal controller?

There's a Dolphin OT on the gaming side. I'm using the straight up Wii discs with a 360 controller for Galaxy 2. 8xSS. Shit's insane. Pretty easy to set up. You just have to make a controller profile for every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom