• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
People punishing the album because they have been cranking the singles for a few months

I bet if there was No singles we'd have mad playbyplays on people's listens

I kinda like Mercy, and New God Flow is alright, but the rest is just kinda forgettable except the ghost/rae joint.

Tokubetsu

I don't appreciate you talking about Itagaki-san like that Tguy. I really don't. You don't get to talk about Gods like that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People punishing the album because they have been cranking the singles for a few months

I bet if there was No singles we'd have mad playbyplays on people's listens
Single release has kind of being typical in terms of scheduling though, I don't see this as being valid. First single way back to let people know it's coming, then more the closer to the date. Shit, Clique only came out last week and that was the 3rd single.

DominoKid

It's a fuckin good album. It's just not what people expected.
First time I listened to it I was :/ underwhelmed.
But I listened to it again before I went to bed and all day on campus...

tumblr_m90hsqETLC1ql09up.gif

It's just a fuckin good album. I really don't know how else to put it.
I'm listening to it right now trying to make a study guide and I keep getting sidetracked into the music.

The only real misstep is Creepers.
I think people are just mad there aren't more tracks. If there were like 15 or 16 tracks people wouldnt be as hard on it.

I don't appreciate you talking about Itagaki-san like that Tguy. I really don't. You don't get to talk about Gods like that.

Can't blame me people wanna compare gods with each other. Can't we just enjoy the offerings that we receive from both gods? BUT, I am heated that Devil's Third might not see a release at all.

Single release has kind of being typical in terms of scheduling though, I don't see this as being valid. First single way back to let people know it's coming, then more the closer to the date. Shit, Clique only came out last week and that was the 3rd single.

New God
Clique
Mercy
I don't Like

and that's 1/3 of the album, those 4 tracks are better than any 4 you can put together from the remaining 8 tracks.

Tokubetsu

I never really killed the tracks that came before so it's still enjoyable to me. Nothing jumping out at me right now to hate on. Guess I'm with Recon on this.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I kinda like Mercy, and New God Flow is alright, but the rest is just kinda forgettable except the ghost/rae joint.
Clique is a great track

Single release has kind of being typical in terms of scheduling though, I don't see this as being valid. First single way back to let people know it's coming, then more the closer to the date. Shit, Clique only came out las week and that was the 3rd single.

Most albums with 3 grade A singles don't get shat on also
This has been a trend I am noticing on bigger releases

Cudder

It's a fuckin good album. It's just not what people expected.
First time I listened to it I was :/ underwhelmed.
But I listened to it again before I went to bed and all day on campus...

tumblr_m90hsqETLC1ql09up.gif

It's just a fuckin good album. I really don't know how else to put it.
I'm listening to it right now trying to make a study guide and I keep getting sidetracked into the music.

The only real misstep is Creepers.
I think people are just mad there aren't more tracks. If there were like 15 or 16 tracks people wouldnt be as hard on it.

If it was 16 tracks people would come down on it saying 5 tracks need to be cut so they can leave the "good" tracks lmao

Cudder

I agree it does need to be longer though.

It's got some great tracks. For me it's pretty much exactly how I predicted, it's comparable to WTT in the sense that it was hyped through the roof, the audience is split down the middle it seems, but its just a fun album to throw on in the car and ride to it. The beats are great, so are some of the verses, but it wasn't ever going to be more than that, I'm not sure if people were expecting something more or what?

I'm not sure if I like it more than WTT though. I think the fact that that didn't leak, while this had several tracks I've heard before it came out has something to do with it. Probably. I dunno.

Recon

Banned
Fuck, me and Domino are the lone voices of reason in this thread...what the hell have I become????

Also, fuck all yall, I am re posting this because I am dying over here...laughing at my own shit...

vBKyK.png

ZigqV.jpg

Tsc9Z.jpg

LOL no. To The World/The One proves that wrong.

The One is so fucking horrible. It's my new Lift Off. I haven't heard the whole thing yet. Don't think I ever will.

I actually like probably half of this album. Still, listening to older Kanye (up to even Graduation) and I really miss his stuff. Still I can get down with trap Kanye if we get more stuff like Clique and Mercy.

Cold is wack though.

FLockaveli > WTT and Cruel Summer

oh and Blackace I just listened to ignorant 21 now. I love MMG but it's pretty refreshing that you gave them a bit of a break for this one. And I fucking loved all the Juicy J at the start.

It's like you guys can't read between the lines. He's shading Itagaki in a really passive aggressive manner.

Either way Itagaki is much more of a dick, so what's the point of the link? No argument to it lol his reason for disliking Tekken is hilarious and he was holding back DoA series.

Recon

Banned
The One is so fucking horrible. It's my new Lift Off. I haven't heard the whole thing yet. Don't think I ever will.

Nope...nope nope nope nope... The One is just fucking good. It's title is perfect, because its dat one you keep coming back to. 2Chainz killed it, Yeezy killed it. Ye's last few bars had me dying. Best way to describe my position is at the helm/Best way to describe my new whip - Yeeeaaaalmm

Fucking cheese ball swag sauce. It is a perfect combination.

Blackace

FLockaveli > WTT and Cruel Summer

oh and Blackace I just listened to ignorant 21 now. I love MMG but it's pretty refreshing that you gave them a bit of a break for this one. And I fucking loved all the Juicy J at the start.
Trippy Mane

MMG back in 22 for Gunplay

CRS

I never really killed the tracks that came before so it's still enjoyable to me. Nothing jumping out at me right now to hate on. Guess I'm with Recon on this.

Same. I never listened to any of the tracks off of it except for the I Don't Like remix so I'm enjoying it. Mercy would have been the best track if it didn't have that stupid change up for Kanye's verse. Mercy is catchy as fuck and I can't help but go back to it. My favorite off the album.

Swerve

Blackace

Same. I never listened to any of the tracks off of it except for the I Don't Like remix so I'm enjoying it. Mercy would have been the best track if it didn't have that stupid change up for Kanye's verse. Mercy is catchy as fuck and I can't help but go back to it. My favorite off the album.

Swerve
Wow you have never heard Mercy?

OG Kush

short thoughts on Cruel Summer

1-9 are straight cash homey. immaculate. so good it really makes me excited for Kanye's next album.
i'll pretend like 10 and 11 dont exist. Creepers is one of the worst Cudi songs I've ever heard.
12...its hot, but IDK why its on the album.

if there would've been 4 or 5 more songs like 1-9 it'd be AOTY by a long margin.

New God Flow might be the song of the year. That shit is nuts. But I've heard it so many times.
The song I always look forward to hearing when I listen to the album is Higher.

8.5/10.

also adding a new thing to my wishlist, i want Kanye to oversee (or co-oversee w/ RZA) a new Wu-Tang album.
dude's got a knack for bringing the best out of the old fogies of the game.
Meth, Rae, Ghost + peripheral members w/ Kanye's high standards and guidance would be doooope.

are you fucking crazy? who the hell wants kanye messing with the Wu? itd be terrible.

Blackace

are you fucking crazy? who the hell wants kanye messing with the Wu? itd be terrible.
How did I miss that gem

Old fogeys in the game? Like who?

Also Pusha sounded better on a RZA beat

T Dollarz

The first 4 tracks are the best 4 tracks. I Don't Like is a dope song, just completely out of place. Cold is fucking horrible. Everything else was meh on first listen and I'll need more to decide. Although I don't see how you can't like that Cudi track, thought that was nice.

Recon

Banned
The first 4 tracks are the best 4 tracks. I Don't Like is a dope song, just completely out of place. Cold is fucking horrible. Everything else was meh on first listen and I'll need more to decide. Although I don't see how you can't like that Cudi track, thought that was nice.

Yeah. Cold is the only track I probably wont come back to. I Dont Like Remix goes hard, just sounds out of place on this album. Also, that Cudi track is pure awesome. I do get why some people dont like it, but its classic Cudi, IMO.

mooooose

It's a front heavy album but it's pretty great. To The World, Clique, Mercy, New God Flow (especially the remix GODDAMN) are all really great. The Morning is pretty good, Cold is awesome. Higher, Sin City, and The One are kinda meh but the last three songs are pretty good too (though not cohesive like the rest of the album, kinda crappy in that way).

Creepers is good other than the line "if I had one wish I'd wish for more wishes". Classic Cudi but he is such a shitty song writer. He has cool delivery and a ton of charisma, but a mediocre voice and especially bad lyricism. God he is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom