• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly how I felt when I heard it. It came across as way too preachy and shit.

But as the album went on, I rolled with it.

I would rank this album after The Cool. F&L1 > The Cool > F&L II >>>>>> Lasers

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Japanese Cartoon

SUPREME1

Banned
If you were lucky enough to see the clan even a few years back. Mad energy from them all.

Whose the best act everyones seen live?

First time i went to see Hov was my 18th birthday few years back. Dude is the best hip hop entertainer ive seen. Had a live band, arrived on time (anyone whose been to rap shows know how annoying this can be) interacted with the crowd well. Great fucking show

I've seen:

Jigga
DMX
Meth
Redman
Lox
Eminem
Snoop
Ice Cube (+ Mack10 & WC)
Dr Dre
Xzibit
50Cent

I caught all of these acts at what I consider their peak (aside from Snoop, Dre and Cube).

The dude that put on the best show imho was DMX.

DMX' energy and charisma was off the charts. The audience bought into everything he was doing and saying. I'm assuming this is as close to what it was like to see Tupac live.

As far as who was most impressive technique/skill-wise... that would be Eminem. Jigga had a couple of tracks where he shined, but Eminem would be the guy I give it to.

Snoop, Dre and Cube all got mad love and were fan favs as well... but they were coasting and just enjoying themselves.

Trey

F&L2...good? Even Blackace not shitting on it? Dare I dream?

Nas coming through, too. Gotta see him. Heard he was iffy live, though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Best live?

Beastie Boys hands down

Cube and Tribe were dope

Em was awesome as well

Also digital underground puts on a great show

Worst

Flo Rida

IrishNinja

F&L 2 is out, and it's not a struggle? hmmm...

If you clicked the link you would see a Kirby chain, Wiz going Bone thugs in a capri all in a video channeling Nuthin but a G thang with dimes.

still aint bout that

also no way Ye's next is ready in just over a month, is there?

Best live?

Beastie Boys hands down

Cube and Tribe were dope

Em was awesome as well

Also digital underground puts on a great show

Worst

Flo Rida

Would love to see Tribe live. Seen Em live at a festival in Ireland. Was like maybe 50,000 in the crowd, now that i think of it its a toss up between Jigga and Em. First time seeing Wu is up there too.

CRS

djquik02.jpg

oh my god

If you were lucky enough to see the clan even a few years back. Mad energy from them all.

Whose the best act everyones seen live?

First time i went to see Hov was my 18th birthday few years back. Dude is the best hip hop entertainer ive seen. Had a live band, arrived on time (anyone whose been to rap shows know how annoying this can be) interacted with the crowd well. Great fucking show

I've been to a few but Cypress Hill concert back in the days was awesome. The atmosphere.

Blackace

Juve is my dude...

he matured into a great southern rapper

Would love to see Tribe live. Seen Em live at a festival in Ireland. Was like maybe 50,000 in the crowd, now that i think of it its a toss up between Jigga and Em. First time seeing Wu is up there too.

Yeah Em is dope.. but really Beastie Boys all day every day for best shows I have seen

Blackace

Your lucky man, would have loved to see them live. Anyone seen Lupe live? Havent seen him yet and really would like to. He any good?

Cypress was ok too...

Tribe wasn't as good as I thought they would be... guess my hype was far toooooooo high for them.. but they still killed it..

Recon

Banned
Your lucky man, would have loved to see them live. Anyone seen Lupe live? Havent seen him yet and really would like to. He any good?

I have seen him twice. Both times were great and very hype. Backing band and all.

Also, I see F&LII dropped. Havnt heard it yet, but, I knew it would be good.

Also, sorry about that last post. For the last few weeks I have been popping pills, snorting various powders, and smoking a shit ton of weed. My mind was beyond fucked up, especially with how dark some of my music has been going. It wasnt a suicide type thing, but, I was basically thinking about just taking a break from everything. I knew I was getting a bit too far into a lifestyle I dont want.

Also, sorry about that last post. For the last few weeks I have been popping pills, snorting various powders, and smoking a shit ton of weed. My mind was beyond fucked up, especially with how dark some of my music has been going. It wasnt a suicide type thing, but, I was basically thinking about just taking a break from everything. I knew I was getting a bit too far into a lifestyle I dont want.

Imma need to hear some snippets of your album. I missed ya baby

I have seen him twice. Both times were great and very hype. Backing band and all.

Also, I see F&LII dropped. Havnt heard it yet, but, I knew it would be good.

So you had a Kid Cudi moment, it's all good bro. :)

Recon

Banned
: ) Perfect timing, thoughts on it?

Have not listened yet. I honestly havnt even searched it out. My main desktop's HDD just died, so I am trying to do some pc maintenance and get my other HDD running as my main. I am fucking hyped as hell. I did listen to Put Em Up, that track is damn good.

Recon

Banned
This that dark shit I do like*. Sounds nice as fuck man, how far along you think you are coming along with it?

*Not to sound like I'm instigating you into those things you've been doing, but regardless that still does sound really nice. Just be careful tho, know your own limits if you continue. Just know when enough is enough.

I have about 4 tracks close to being done, instrumental wise. A couple tracks from some people on here. And a few finished instrumentals. Lyrics written for about half. I have been trying to take this one slow, no rush, just as it feels right. The title and artwork is done though. Ill put that out there closer to when its finished.

dude this sounds pretty good :O

Thank you!

Recon

Banned
Lupe Fiasco reveals that the second disc to "Food & Liquor 2" will drop after Christmas.

Lupe also explained that the inspiration behind the all-black album cover to the first part of Food & Liquor 2. He explained that the decision to make an completely blank album was that he simply wanted to push the limits of his label Atlantic Records. Still, although he wanted to give Atlantic a hard time, he made sure to never sacrifice the quality of his music.

"The entire album is black - there's no pictures and words in the album," he said. "[The inspiration] was more - can I get the label to do that? Can I make that happen? Can I say, 'Hey, I don't want to put anything in the album and I want to make that happen?' It was like a challenge almost, and I had to go through some legal battles and some wrangling back and forth, so it wasn't as easy as I thought to put nothing in there. It was like one of the hardest albums that I had to do with putting nothing in it."

Pretty interesting article. Sounds like he still has some problems with his label, but at least he is almost done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom