• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Just started F&LII. Dat Intro!! Brings back so many memories.

Edit: Holy shit "Strange Fruition" is such a good start.

Edit2: ITAL isnt that bad. Besides the goofy hook, it actually is a good track. Also, I will be using this post as my initial impression of the album.

Ayesha Say's: It works as an intro, sets the right tone.

Strange Fruition: Definitely a good way to start of the album. Beat is pretty nice, and lupe brings it.

ITAL: I liked it, though I see some of you dont. I think the hook is kinda bad though.

Around My Way: Great track, love the sample, though I know the history of it makes some of you butt hurt.

Audubon Ballroom: The beat..OMG! Lupe really came back. I had my doubts after LASERS. I had some hope after her dropped "Friend Of The People", but wasnt crazy on his beat selection. This track erases all doubts.

Bitch Bad: Like Dumb It Down, I dont really fuck with this track, but I like the message. Also, the Video is one of the best of the year.

Lamborghini Angels: This is one of those "What the fuck is going on" type tracks, and I love it. Shit is crazy, and Lupe just spits it all matter of fact.

Put Em Up: What can I say, just pure dopeness. Beat has that weird 80's-90's electronic feel. Very nice.

Heart Donor: The beat is a nice switch up from the previous tracks, but it seems a bit out of place. I like it, just seems to clash with what came before.

How Dare You: Has a nice old school feel to it. I find it fucking hilarious some of you were dreading this thinking it was some conspiracy track based on its "supposed" release date and title. Man, I am really loving this album so far. Has some classic tracks so far.

Battle Scars: I said awhile back, that I thought Lupe would do a few label mandated singles, and the rest of the album would be dope. I called that shit, and as far as singles go, this is pretty good.

Brave Heart: This beat...man...I dont even care if no one else likes this album, Lupe made an album that is almost perfect to me, at least so far.

I will finish the album in a few. Gonna smoke.

DominoKid

ionnknow...

lupe these days reminds me of the worst aspects of nas and eminem.
only song i feel like keeping is lambo angels.

that FlyLo is tight of course. got me through a paper in good spirits earlier today.

On first listen, Food & Liquor II is okay. It's probably not going to blow anyone's mind with it's greatness, but it's not a bad project either. Maybe 4 tracks I feel should get tossed but the rest is a solid effort.

After listening through twice, I've come to the conclusion that Strange Fruition is my favorite track.

DAT BEAT.

It's a strong opener. There's a solid run on the album (except the hook on ITAL(Roses)) until tracks 9-12 which I'm not feeling as much. Form Follows Function and Cold War are good, but it ends pretty weak. Front loaded album.

HiiiLife

It's a strong opener. There's a solid run on the album (except the hook on ITAL(Roses)) until tracks 9-12 which I'm not feeling as much. Form Follows Function and Cold War are good, but it ends pretty weak. Front loaded album.

I felt that way too. I don't think its terrible by any means and would choose this over Lasers. I'm still enjoying it more than Cruel Summer though lol. I just hope Big Boi's/Kendrick's albums will not disappoint.

Leftovers

Neo Member
Kendrick fucking killed it tonight. He brought out Drake lol.

Videos and pics incoming.

Man he was straight dope. I was in the middle yelling Cartoon and Cereal, K dot and 87. When he closed it off with Cartoons I was about ready to walk through people and give him props.

Recon

Banned
Art of War III coming.

Can't. On a Wednesday and I got school. I moved farther north so the drive would be too much.

Yo, what was Art of War II? Did I miss some random side project some Bone cousin did and called it Art of War II?

Recon

Banned
I believe they count the 2nd cd of the Art of War 1 as part 2.

I knew they called each CD WWI and WWII, didnt not realize they equated to Art of War 1 and 2. Seems...dumb. Either way, it has a lot to live up to using that name.

Edit:

Now that I have heard F&L2 several times, I can safely say it falls just short of reaching the highs of F&L1. But, it is a worthy addition to Lupe's discography. He brought it lyrically, and though there are a few pop singles, they sound much better than what was on LASERS. This is a great way to come back after LASERS. I knew he had it in him, and I am glad that he didnt let fans down. Though it is preachy, it sounds dope, and that is what matters to me. I am glad I stayed a fan, even when being a Lupe fan was the equivalent of being a Wiz fan post Kush & OJ. To anyone who kept the faith, I love you, Lupe loves you. Here's looking forward to F&L2:The Great American Rap Album Pt.2.

RJT

I really like the last verse on "Unforgivable Youth".
Epic Planet of the Apes shit, much better as a conceptual storytelling song than All Black Everything (which, despite being somewhat cool, was pretty pointless).

Shame that hook is atrocious and the first verses and beat mediocre...

This Luoe album is pretty good, I'm so glad Lupe can still go today. Cold War is insane, FFF, Strange fruition, ITAl, Brave Hart and the outtro are the highlights of the album. I was really missing a great, dark third person storytelling song like on his first two albums though.

And goodbye 106&Park.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Alright, I'm sold.

Lupe is back. Going to take a week or so to let this sink all the way in, but this is definitely the successor to F&L and The Cool. We're just going to ignore that other album from here on out.

Kaizer

Banned
Alright, I'm sold.

Lupe is back. Going to take a week or so to let this sink all the way in, but this is definitely the successor to F&L and The Cool. We're just going to ignore that other album from here on out.

Pretty much how I feel, glad Atlantic records wasn't bitching about this one too much and just let him do what he wanted for the most part.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Best live?

Beastie Boys hands down

Cube and Tribe were dope

Em was awesome as well

Also digital underground puts on a great show

Worst

Flo Rida

Saw "Watch the Throne" earlier this year and it was amazing. Ye and Jay put on a show. My worst has to be Yung Joc. Got free tickets, and the venue in Des Moines sucks for concerts.

That new DMX any good? Looking forward to F&L2 next week.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Haven't even touched the Lupe album yet... I'm still in Metal mode as soon as I saw that the new Between The Buried and Me was also out.

Maybe this afternoon I'll put it on, possibly during lunch so I can be disappointed twice today!

yes i read all your comments, im fuckin' around.

kamspy

F&LII or Control System, go

lol?

Not being as poppy as Lasers doesn't fix the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth on every single track.

Beats are good, flow is good, content is trash. I wish I spoke another language so I could appreciate the flow and beats, but goddam. We got a little KRS One jr. on our hands. But it's more annoying cuz KRS could kick some ass, but this little tart looks like he should be host on The View.

Esch

Banned
relistening to MBTDF right now, man i really do love Lost in the World. I would be fine with Kanye just leaving hip hop behind for a side project to make more shit like this.

DominoKid

lol?

Not being as poppy as Lasers doesn't fix the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth on every single track.

Beats are good, flow is good, content is trash. I wish I spoke another language so I could appreciate the flow and beats, but goddam. We got a little KRS One jr. on our hands. But it's more annoying cuz KRS could kick some ass, but this little tart looks like he should be host on The View.

nailed it.

This Luoe album is pretty good, I'm so glad Lupe can still go today. Cold War is insane, FFF, Strange fruition, ITAl, Brave Hart and the outtro are the highlights of the album. I was really missing a great, dark third person storytelling song like on his first two albums though.

And goodbye 106&Park.

I wanted the same, so hopefully we get one in part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom