• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Your semi-random concert post from CRS.

if_tour_400_zps8dd23ffa.jpg

Recon

Banned
I thought 2011 was a good year for hip hop, but 2012 has had the return of Nas and Lupe. 2012 might just be the end of the world.....

CRS

If SGP was replaced with Ethelwulf, Kush Cloud would be my song of the year.

. x 100000000000

I fucking love it already but having an Ethelwulf feature on there would have cemented it as my song of the decade.

I still want an Ethelwulf x Krayzie Bone album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Halfway through F&LII and.. it's okay?

I don't know, I'm not hearing INSTANT AOTY in this. Some songs are just okay and some I can't see myself ever going back to. I honestly wish Bitch Bad was better. Great concept, but he couldn't make a good song out of it. All the elements are there, but at some point it just gets tedious and drags on.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Have an opinion and all, but if you go to Lupe thinking he's going to come out the side of his face with some hard, gangsta shit, you're kind of an idiot. This is the dude whose debut had him rapping about daydreaming about robots, skateboarding and talking about jeans being the work of the devil. He rapped to Twilight Zone samples and over vibe rock samples on his mixtapes. It's just what Lupe does and has always done.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Have an opinion and all, but if you go to Lupe thinking he's going to come out the side of his face with some hard, gangsta shit, you're kind of an idiot. This is the dude whose debut had him rapping about daydreaming about robots, skateboarding and talking about jeans being the work of the devil. He rapped to Twilight Zone samples and over vibe rock samples on his mixtapes. It's just what Lupe does and has always done.

And?

Personally I don't need hardcore stuff

Just don't feel Lupe that much

No one expects that out of Lupe, I think. I loved that robot and skateboard shit. That's the Lupe I stanned the fuck out of back in highschool.

But now he's turning into this old black guy telling me not to say "Nigga" and shit. I'm trying to have a fun time and he's just patronizing me. F&LII is pretty dope aside from that.

No one expects that out of Lupe, I think. I loved that robot and skateboard shit. That's the Lupe I stanned the fuck out of back in highschool.

But now he's turning into this old black guy telling me not to say "Nigga" and shit. I'm trying to have a fun time and he's just patronizing me. F&LII is pretty dope aside from that.

This pretty much nails it.

There really isnt any laidback fun music on his albums anymore, like FnL1 and to an extent The Cool.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

This is exactly what I feel. Well put.

I think he's still got the talent, I think he's still capable of making the same great music as before, but.. he's changed. I don't mean that in a discrediting way, but now I can't unsee the effect it's had on his music and I think it suffers quite a bit as a result. I just don't feel like I'm enjoying myself listening to some of this stuff, it's like a sterile version of stuff on his first two albums. He's let his message get in the way of his music, and I can't rock with that as a music consumer at the end of the day.

Blackace

very well said..

but you just want the gangsta shit

WanderingWind

Doesn't really apply to anyone

Maybe not here. But there are a ton of Lil Ghostface clones around the net talking about soft Lupe...like he was ever hard to begin with.

Man, just cause you post something ITT, people start to think it applies to people here. This is my venting spot for dipshits elsewhere.

Blackace

Maybe not here. But there are a ton of Lil Ghostface clones around the net talking about soft Lupe...like he was ever hard to begin with.

Man, just cause you post something ITT, people start to think it applies to people here. This is my venting spot for dipshits elsewhere.

Then just say that.. it's kind of an ongoing conversation in here... who else are we suppose to think you are talking about?

WanderingWind

Then just say that.. it's kind of an ongoing conversation in here... who else are we suppose to think you are talking about?

I just did, bro. What's up with you tonight? If I wanted to say something about someone here, I'd just quote 'em. Pretty much how it works everywhere else around here. Guess I should just post more ITT.

Blackace

I just did, bro. What's up with you tonight? If I wanted to say something about someone here, I'd just quote 'em. Pretty much how it works everywhere else around here. Guess I should just post more ITT.

well bro, a lot people responded to your quote because they think you are speaking in general terms about the thread... pretty much how it works in all the threads..

I try to filter some crazy opinions out there. I'm sure a few young cats out there think Hopsin or Tyler, the Creator is the GOAT.

At the end of the day, opinions are opinions but jeez. Lol. On the real, although there are a lot of conflicting ideas, GAF-Hop is a pretty good bunch of hip-hop heads.

very well said..

but you just want the gangsta shit
Hahaha. Of course. I ain't about that life by any means but that's that shit I do like.

Blackace

Like I said, I'll just be real specific about general music shit talking in the future. Don't want to perturb anybody.

I'm not trying to shit on you or anything.. just unless you say this is about people out of this thread it shouldn't be a shock to that people think you are talking about this thread.. It's not an insult..

Also never liked being called bro for some reason lol..

WanderingWind

I'm not trying to shit on you or anything.. just unless you say this is about people out of this thread it shouldn't be a shock to that people think you are talking about this thread.. It's not an insult..

Also never liked being called bro for some reason lol..

Nah, I dig. Never said I was shocked, just clarifying.

And in the parts of SoCal I'm at, everybody and everything is "bro." Shit is used in official communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom