• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to this Gibbs tape and hit Middle Of The Night....

It must be in the "So You Think You Can Rap" contract that every rapper is obligated to have one of these corny, soft, singing on the hook, female tracks on your album or something, cause I swear I've been hearing this same track on nearly every album since like 1998. I hate it SO MUCH.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
you know what to do...

www.dj-ace.com/Mixes/ignorant23.mp3

annd how did that Mannie turn out?

I was just thinking on my walk home from work that I needed some new music, and presto I get two new ace mixes.

New kendrick is good. Everything he's released so far has been far better than anything on section.80 save for spiteful chant.

New brother ali is out too, totally forgot, fuck yeah.

Oh shit and Gibb's tape too? And neako's loudpack 4. Goddamn.

siddx

I'm guessing you haven't listened to Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded yet? You could go listen to that.

I could. I could also grab that dangling electrical wire I see everyday about a block from here and wrap it around my dick before jumping into traffic. Same level of "enjoyment" I'd think.

Oh it's been leaked/streetdate broken/midnight release? Wiki says 25 September for you guys. I was talking about the 4 singles that I didn't like that much. I'll give the full release a listen.

Disclaimer: F&L and The Cool are, after repeated listening in the last weeks, 9 and 8 respectively for me. Both grew on me a lot. Lasers was... nvm.

Detox

Wayne is pissed off and he just wants to act dense with the attorney to piss him off. At times it worked but overall the attorney won when Wayne flipped and started threatening him.

All I could think of when he was saying "I do not recall" was
375533.jpg

Esch

Banned
did blackace just use a gif? is it the twilight zone? whats going on right now. why are yall talking about kanye

anyway new gangsta gibbs is top 10 of the year material, im definitely gonna blast some of it in the whip and all that

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
did blackace just use a gif? is it the twilight zone? whats going on right now. why are yall talking about kanye

anyway new gangsta gibbs is top 10 of the year material, im definitely gonna blast some of it in the whip and all that

I swore you said the same lame joke the last time I used a gif..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Graduation is clearly the worst Kanye album. It features his worst lyrics and rapping, plus has his worst songs. Barry Bonds, Drunk Girls etc
Fact.

Also MBDTF is more cohesive than LR. Just sayin'. Even with it's faults, it holds up better especially on relistens. LR might be argued for having higher highs though.

MBDTF didn't change music, peter be trippin'.

HiiiLife

I've been listening to Muddy Waters, Section 80, Sir Lucious and the Art of War albums just because I want to be able to see how they have progressed on their newer albums this year.

(Hopefully MW2 drops this year)

I love this thread. I should visit it more often.

Recommendation time for the latest releases! Go!!

DMX Undisputed. Fuck what people on here think, its great. Go listen and decide for yourself.

You ninjas buggin. WTT was dope, i like that album. New Day, No Church, Murder to Excellence, NiP...

808s is nice too, next time you smoking throw it on. You wont regret it. I see you Recon.

Cruel summer was meh, some good verses here and there and a few bangers. No cohesion tho.

His first two were classics, no ones debating that.

siddx

WTT was dirty dog dick but it seems like genious next to Cruel Summer, 808's, and MBDTOPPBOYBABC123YOUANDMESTD.

And how Wayne thinks he can still make people believe he's a badass when he has the body of a 13 year old anorexic girl is beyond me.

Esch

Banned
You ninjas buggin. WTT was dope, i like that album. New Day, No Church, Murder to Excellence, NiP... .

ol contrarian ass...

I dont think WTT sucks. Its just above average. Sound/musical cohesion is all over the place, lots of throwaway tracks, but the worst part of the whole thing is Jay-Z. He legitimately got outrapped by Ye on a few of these tracks, saying the same shit we've heard ad nauseam apart from a few tracks (New Day). If you consider WTT a joint project, Jay's work contributed would be D quality while Kanye's would be a solid B. This album needed more features or something to make up for it.

Also i need to listen to Undisputed, but itll be a while cause im gonna play BFK no stop for a while

Recon

Banned
My biggest problem with WTT was Jay. Also, I'm tired of Kanye projects having very little Kanye production. It's half the reason I give a fuck about him.

T Dollarz

Btw has anybody listened to that Danny Johnson tape since Danny linked it last night? I'd like to know what it sounds like, been busy listening to other shit.

ol contrarian ass...

I dont think WTT sucks. Its just above average. Sound/musical cohesion is all over the place, lots of throwaway tracks, but the worst part of the whole thing is Jay-Z. He legitimately got outrapped by Ye on a few of these tracks, saying the same shit we've heard ad nauseam apart from a few tracks (New Day). If you consider WTT a joint project, Jay's work contributed would be D quality while Kanye's would be a solid B. This album needed more features or something to make up for it.

Also i need to listen to Undisputed, but itll be a while cause im gonna play BFK no stop for a while

I didnt think Jay was too bad but whatever, I like it.

Yeah you do. I can see some GAF-Hoppers hating it, but its classic X.

Yeah definitely not... what could possibly be so bad about F&L2 to you? It sounds so solid... way more consistent than WTT. The highs are higher on WTT but the lows are so much worse.

WTT has higher highs and pretty low lows but FNL2 is right in the middle for most of the album and does have some real bad stuff on it. There are 6/7 tracks from WTT that I like and maybe 2 that stood out for me on FNL2.

I'll listen to it a few more times, Lupe used to be one of my favorites and did make two great albums. Maybe it'll grow on me some, but it's just mediocre for the most part.

WTT has higher highs and pretty low lows but FNL2 is right in the middle for most of the album and does have some real bad stuff on it. There are 6/7 tracks from WTT that I like and maybe 2 that stood out for me on FNL2.

I'll listen to it a few more times, Lupe used to be one of my favorites and did make two great albums. Maybe it'll grow on me some, but it's just mediocre for the most part.

Braveheart, Put em up, Form follows, Around my Way, Strange fruition, Even How Dare You and Battle Scars are good.

2 songs?? Nah, you need to spin that another time or 2.

Im with you on WTT tho, great album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom