• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn @ the list of recommendations!

Those recommending GOOD Music; I'm already rocking to most of their tracks so I can't wait for the release. Will definitely check out others when they do so.

You guys are awesome! :D

Listening to this Gibbs tape and hit Middle Of The Night....

It must be in the "So You Think You Can Rap" contract that every rapper is obligated to have one of these corny, soft, singing on the hook, female tracks on your album or something, cause I swear I've been hearing this same track on nearly every album since like 1998. I hate it SO MUCH.

I can fuck with it tho. He pulled it off a lot better than most rappers like Ross imo...

overcast

Braveheart, Put em up, Form follows, Around my Way, Strange fruition, Even How Dare You and Battle Scars are good.

2 songs?? Nah, you need to spin that another time or 2.

Im with you on WTT tho, great album.
I haven't listened to all of F&L2 but I can definitely agree with these songs as being dope. I hate Battle Scars though. Not sure what I think about the album, it shows some great flashes but I'm not sure how great it is. I'll come back after I finish it.

Yeah, that new Kendrick is so good. Kind of does have an ATLiens vibe to it, as somebody else said.

Beezy

Guys. The track "On Me" on this Freddie Gibbs mixtape... am I hearing a Streets of Rage sample or just something very similar?

Recon

Banned
Wish these albums had a closer release date so the chances of them leaking would be higher. Lmao.

Pretty sure A$AP Rocky doesnt even have a firm date yet, which leads me to believe that shit is getting pushed back until December or early 2013. He said Halloween, but then said he was joking. But with no clear date from his label, it isnt looking good.

Edit: Yes, I know it says on his Wiki Oct.31, but im almost positive he said that wasnt the real date awhile back.

Recon

Banned
Good Kid will probably end up being my AOTY if the singles are anything to go by. Every single release I thought was good-great. If Rocky drops this year, I can see that getting plenty of play. Goldie is so damn good.

Edit: Just updated to 1.8 in Maschine. I am loving the color coding. Not that I even know what it does yet, but my screen looks a lot prettier right now lol. Also, whats the deal with Massive? Is it just inside Maschine now? If so where at? Im not seeing it.

Fiiiiinaly picked up Cruel summer and Life is good.

I swear music sounds entirely different from random youtube songs to playing an album straight. Had to take a trip out to my girls family to pick her up, long drive down by myself so i gave both a straight spin.

Cruel summer : is surprisingly dope. From what i heard so far i wasnt too pushed but I picked it up cheap today. God damn Ghoostface murders that new god flow, this was a compilation to promote new GOOD artists and Ghost comes through, nearly 20 years in the game and outshines these guys. Starting to like Big Sean, never really gave the kid time but hes alright on the mic. Beats are similar to the WTT style but great nonetheless.

Life is Good : Dont ask why it took so long to get on this, Nas dropped a winner with this one. That Justice League intro bombs shit to begin with, then straight into Loco Motive. Loco is the best on the album for me anyways. Theres no real bad songs on there, some i can see skipping on further plays but a really strong album.

This years been crazy for hip hop with some big albums still to come.

Fiendin for that new Ghost album. If Starks aint in your top 5 you buggin, definition of consistency.

T Dollarz

Fiiiiinaly picked up Cruel summer and Life is good.

I swear music sounds entirely different from random youtube songs to playing an album straight. Had to take a trip out to my girls family to pick her up, long drive down by myself so i gave both a straight spin.

Cruel summer : is surprisingly dope. From what i heard so far i wasnt too pushed but I picked it up cheap today. God damn Ghoostface murders that new god flow, this was a compilation to promote new GOOD artists and Ghost comes through, nearly 20 years in the game and outshines these guys. Starting to like Big Sean, never really gave the kid time but hes alright on the mic. Beats are similar to the WTT style but great nonetheless.

Life is Good : Dont ask why it took so long to get on this, Nas dropped a winner with this one. That Justice League intro bombs shit to begin with, then straight into Loco Motive. Loco is the best on the album for me anyways. Theres no real bad songs on there, some i can see skipping on further plays but a really strong album.

This years been crazy for hip hop with some big albums still to come.

Fiendin for that new Ghost album. If Starks aint in your top 5 you buggin, definition of consistency.

Cruel Summer - 7/10
Life is Good - 8/10

Cudder

Does anyone else prefer the regular edition cover of Good Kid m.a.a.d City? I want the deluxe, but the cover is dull.

<------Yup.

Cruel Summer is pretty good though after listening to it alot lately. Only songs I don't fuck with are The One, Sin City, and Creepers. 9/12 ain't bad.

HiiiLife

hm that make me sad. lupe needs to get himself together.

It's not a terrible album by any means. It is a step in the right direction, especially after Lasers. But I just think The Cool can't be topped tbh. Though that may be a biased statement cause The Cool is my favorite album by him. Lol.

T Dollarz

It's not a terrible album by any means. It is a step in the right direction, especially after Lasers. But I just think The Cool can't be topped tbh. Though that may be a biased statement cause The Cool is my favorite album by him. Lol.

Yeah, you set your expectations too high. My expectations were low as fuck with post-Lasers Lupe, so I am very happy with this album.

HiiiLife

Yeah, you set your expectations too high. My expectations were low as fuck with post-Lasers Lupe, so I am very happy with this album.

Definitely true. Every single time an artist puts out a new album that wasn't up to par with his previous one, I can't help it.

You didn't wanna my reaction when listening to Encore, especially after Eminem Show. Shit I'm still holding TES as the one to compare his future work to.

For Lupe, it's obviously The Cool.

I know it's silly that I'm trying to compare an artists older work to their newer one, especially since they are past their prime, but shiiiiiit. I can't help it. Lol.

Recon

Banned
Kanye will do big numbers again. He has reached that Eminem/Wayne type fan base and will do platinum pretty much every solo record for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom