• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
I can't believe I've gone from losing my shit waiting for The Cool, and then having Lasers as my most anticipated album from that point to completely disinterested and missing the release of FNL2. Reading through the thread tells me it's closer to Lasers than old Lupe, but I'll still check it out for old time's sake.

I can't believe I've gone from losing my shit waiting for The Cool, and then having Lasers as my most anticipated album from that point to completely disinterested and missing FNL2. Reading through the thread tells me it's closer to Lasers than old Lupe, but I'll still check it out for old time's sake.
It's definitely closer to the "old" Lupe than Lasers, imo. As far as subject matter goes, it's probably more related to Lasers but the production is pretty "old" Lupe. It's not great but it's decent.

T Dollarz

I can't believe I've gone from losing my shit waiting for The Cool, and then having Lasers as my most anticipated album from that point to completely disinterested and missing the release of FNL2. Reading through the thread tells me it's closer to Lasers than old Lupe, but I'll still check it out for old time's sake.

No way man it's definitely closer to old Lupe. I can't really tell any similarities between this and Lasers, completely different.

cashman

Banned
It's definitely closer to the "old" Lupe than Lasers, imo. As far as subject matter goes, it's probably more related to Lasers but the production is pretty "old" Lupe. It's not great but it's decent.

No way man it's definitely closer to old Lupe. I can't really tell any similarities between this and Lasers, completely different.

You guys give me hope. I'll check this out tomorrow after I get done with my exam.

How are you guys feeling about that Wiz single wit the Weeknd..

..Shit I think it should've just been on the the Weeknd's trilogy.

Wiz lamed his way thru the record.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
btw, last couple of mixes? Today's Liks/DP included... how did they treat y'all?

Nibel

Tracklist for Kendrick's album
1. Sherane A.K.A Master Splinter’s Daughter
2. ***** Don’t Kill My Vibe – Featuring Lady Gaga
3. Backseat Freestyle
4. The Art Of Peer Pressure
5. Money Trees – Featuring Jay Rock
6. Poetic Justice – Featuring Drake
7. Good Kid
8. M.A.A.D City – Featuring Mc Eiht
9. Swimming Pools (Drank) (Extended)
10. Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst
11. Real – Featuring Anna Wise Of Sonnymoon
12. Compton – Featuring Dr. Dre
http://rapdose.com/2012/09/27/kendrick-lamar-good-kid-m-a-a-d-city-tracklist-revealed

it5DNIElB0S52.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
btw, last couple of mixes? Today's Liks/DP included... how did they treat y'all?

Ignorant23 hasn't gotten enough play from me yet. You need to take a month off from those I think. The last 3 have kind of run up against each other in my playlist, need more time to digest them.
Mannie mix was mostly great, a few tracks I wasn't a big fan of but for the most part it brought me back to being in college.

Liks mix is fantastic, that whole crew, King T and Xzibit included, are underrated.

Blackace

Ignorant23 hasn't gotten enough play from me yet. You need to take a month off from those I think. The last 3 have kind of run up against each other in my playlist, need more time to digest them.
Mannie mix was mostly great, a few tracks I wasn't a big fan of but for the most part it brought me back to being in college.

Liks mix is fantastic, that whole crew, King T and Xzibit included, are underrated.

Liks, JRO especially, are so underrated
And I ain't making mixes too you're just listening too slow /40water

RJT

www.dj-ace.com/Mixes/LAbackpack.mp3

I want to turn this into a series of sorts.. but, I can't really think of many "underground"ish type of rappers/groups who have swag, and energy like the Liks..

Oh man, this is my shit. Please do it...

Some suggestions:
-Apathy / Army of the Pharaohs
-M.O.P. (you could just mix Ante Up with itself for 30 minutes and it would be dope...)
-I'm scared to say it, but Rhymesayers could be dope. Their catalog is so huge, you could definitely find 40 minutes of swag... Brother Ali's "Champion Remix", Felt's "Early Mornin' Tony"...

Listening to LA backpack now and I'm loving it.

overcast

But but but Habits and Contradictions was the best TDE release this year!

So far.
Q had the best album of the year so far.

Nice to see the Kendrick track list was fake. It wasn't bad, I just want to see Q and Soul on there. Hopefully Cartoons and Cereal on the deluxe.

Is anybody going to do a OT for Good Kid? I would if nobody else wanted to. I feel it's big enough an album to get one.

Macca

Q had the best album of the year so far.

Nice to see the Kendrick track list was fake. It wasn't bad, I just want to see Q and Soul on there. Hopefully Cartoons and Cereal on the deluxe.

Is anybody going to do a OT for Good Kid? I would if nobody else wanted to. I feel it's big enough an album to get one.
I was thinking about it. I'm down for a collab if you're keen.

siddx

Liks, JRO especially, are so underrated
And I ain't making mixes too you're just listening too slow /40water

True, I only really have time to listen to music these days on my way walk to work and back. It's not like before where I could throw it on the usb and drive around for an hour listening to it. Makes it harder to listen to a whole mix at once and appreciate it. Although I gave the meth, mannie, and liks mix the full treatment at home.

Always felt it was a shame that the liks didn't get in on the brief westcoast revival during the early 2000's. An album overseen by Dre the same way Xzibit's were would have been amazing. But I guess xzibit and the liks were beefing at that time.

Theres people actually looking forward to a Kendrick song featuring Drake?

This is either some serious sarcasm or yall are losing your minds.

Fuck Drake.

Any source on weather that tracklist is fake? I was really expecting The Recipe to be on there?

Blackace

True, I only really have time to listen to music these days on my way walk to work and back. It's not like before where I could throw it on the usb and drive around for an hour listening to it. Makes it harder to listen to a whole mix at once and appreciate it. Although I gave the meth, mannie, and liks mix the full treatment at home.

Always felt it was a shame that the liks didn't get in on the brief westcoast revival during the early 2000's. An album overseen by Dre the same way Xzibit's were would have been amazing. But I guess xzibit and the liks were beefing at that time.
Liks have more of a Bay feel to alot of their beats tho would love to hear them on some hyphy shit
Old but just saw this

nardwuar vs. e 40

40 water is the shit

Only PD and Recon hate on 40 water

Macca

Fuck Drake.

Any source on weather that tracklist is fake? I was really expecting The Recipe to be on there?
It's fake.

Liks have more of a Bay feel to alot of their beats tho would love to hear them on some hyphy shit

Only PD and Recon hate on 40 water
40 is the shit. Dunno how Recon doesn't like him.

Oh wait, because it's "hasn't changed his boxers in a month" Recon.

Fuck Drake.

that song is probably going to be a highlight
there are snippets of it out there, but i don't think i'm listening to any more songs from the album.

siddx

Drake can eat a bowl of shit. He makes any song he's on an auto skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom