• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
iFk1wfZtScAoy.jpg

wut

is That photoshop right? if not this might take the place of most wtf moment from when dude was lovingly rubbing on Nas's head & face from that old concert video.

What is your favorite 3 song stretch on an album?

Outkast - "Crumblin Erb", "Hootie Hoo", "D.E.E.P."

Kad5

Did any of you guys ever listen to Gift of Gab's recent album? I'm sort of digging it. Possibly my favorite west coast release this year alongside BasedGod's Gods father mixtape.

Did any of you guys ever listen to Gift of Gab's recent album? I'm sort of digging it. Possibly my favorite west coast release this year alongside BasedGod's Gods father mixtape.

Not I, but I'll check it out, love blazing arrow
is That photoshop right? if not this might take the place of most wtf moment from when dude was lovingly rubbing on Nas's head & face from that old concert video.

Definitely looks like a photoshop.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
People need to leave gay people the f--- alone. Like, who cares? If you still care about s--- like that you need to just hang yourself like the rest of them KKK motherf---ers. For real. Who gives a f---?"

who are you and why are you self censoring your posts? We aren't 12 year olds in here (well most of us aren't).
Just fucking write whatfuckingever the fuck you fucking want to fucking say. Fuck.

Also what the fuck are you even talking about?

cacophony

speaking of asap, how much you think he'll sell week 1? he's delayed the album so damn much hypes dying after goldie

next month predictions:

Asap - 70k
Kendrick - 90k
Meek - 140k

Recon

Banned
Pretty much, she ain't really bad, but I often found myself zoning out and not paying attention to a word she was saying which is probably a bigger crime than being bad

I dont remember a single word she said or what the song was about. So yeah, pretty forgettable.

siddx

GAF, I was in a short film for a producer who doubles as a drummer for a metal band and triples as a female rapper. She's actually incredibly talented but wanted to get hardcore hip hop GAF's impressions. Yay?

Miny - Double This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PRkUSVRrA&feature=plcp

It was alright. Beat was decent, she seems like she's trying too hard but she's better than say kreayshawn. Lyrically she appears to be solid, but she needs to put some emotion and range into her flow and delivery. It's just monotone as fuck, you lose interest quickly.

Kronotech

She is cute. That's the nicest thing I can say.

Pretty much, she ain't really bad, but I often found myself zoning out and not paying attention to a word she was saying which is probably a bigger crime than being bad

It was alright. Beat was decent, she seems like she's trying too hard but she's better than say kreayshawn. Lyrically she appears to be solid, but she needs to put some emotion and range into her flow and delivery. It's just monotone as fuck, you lose interest quickly.

Understandable. She just started this new path this year I believe so she's in the beginning stages. Just turned 21 so I think she's got some solid talent to at least grow with. Thanks for listening. I guess I won't pass on the feedback unless she asks haha.

Tokubetsu

Great production quality for an indie video btw but yea it's not bad. I'm trying to think of something more constructive. It's the voice maybe?

siddx

Understandable. She just started this new path this year I believe so she's in the beginning stages. Just turned 21 so I think she's got some solid talent to at least grow with. Thanks for listening. I guess I won't pass on the feedback unless she asks haha.

If she's that new to it, she has plenty of time to get better. She has the basics down, she just needs to work on how she delivers her lyrics. Rappers like Ludacris and Big Boi are two artists off the top of my head that are really good about this. They change the pitch of their voice, stretch out certain words, change inflection etc.... They make every line interesting because it often doesn't sound like the one before it. Rapping is about more than just reciting lyrics, you've got to say it will some passion.

iavi

Can't Lie. Recon was right. I've come to love the way MASCHINE holds these patterns. I just had to get used to preparing them first, all before I go trying to arrange.

Make Sure

Sampled both Thursday by The Weeknd and A Demain Sur La Lune by Katsu. Tell me what y'all think?

siddx

if Kendrick sells more than Meek I will buy a copy of his CD and eat it on cam

I don't really care who sells more, I already know Kendrick's album will shit all over meeks quality rise. But now I also want Lamar too sell more just so I can see this.

Macca

I didn't see this posted, or I must've totally missed it, but it seems like most of that leaked tracklist is probably true, just not the full listing or names.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/09/album-preview-kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city/

Track 1 f/ Lady Gaga
Kendrick kicked off this song saying Lady Gaga was on it but honestly, we couldn't even hear her vocals. Considering the chants of "don't kill my vibe," it's likely that might be the title. On the record, Kendrick laments, "I'm a sinner whose probably going to sin again." Aren't we all?

Track 2 f/ Jay Rock
The fact that Kendrick's TDE brethren Jay Rock contributes a verse to this song is to be expected. However, what's unexpected and totally awesome is that the song samples the indie rock band Beach House. It sounds great, too.

Track 3
This one kicks off with Kendrick talking about how Martin had a dream but then it quickly delves into a "fuck the world" kind of record. So much so in fact that Kendrick stops in the middle of his second verse to scream "beyotch" four times...twice. Kendrick hasn't sounded this angry since "The Spiteful Chant."

Track 4
This is a catchy little tune that doubles as a love song. K. Dot sounds a bit like Q-Tip here. It sounded like the hook went "bom chicka wah wah." Seriously.

Track 5 f/ MC Eiht
Underrated West Coast rapper MC Eiht is a huge influence on Kendrick. (MC Eiht once had an album titled Section 8 and is signed to Hi Power Records.) It's only right that they got on a track together. It's exciting to hear the youngster and the veteran exchange bars. K. Dot quotes Ice Cube to keep it all the way L.A.

Track 6
This is the one record that we had the hardest time hearing. (Trust, it was hectic in there.) It should be noted that Kendrick opens all of his verses with "I used to," which he previously did on "Poe Mans Dreams."

Track 7 f/ Drake
This is a proper love song through and through. It samples Janet Jackson, apparently features Drake, and sounds like the sequel to his track "Members Only."

Track 8 f/ Dr. Dre
Kendrick and Dre ride out to Just Blaze production and celebrate Compton, boasting about how rap was able to take harsh realities and translate it into great art. The real star of the show, however, is Just Blaze. He flips the beat at the very end to create an entirely new beat. This serves as an outro which is true to L.A.'s history and the music that was relevant in L.A. before hip-hop.

Goddamn. Track 3 sounds like the one I want to hear most.

That preview has me hyped for Kendrick's album. I don't know if it'll be able to live up to the lofty expectations I've given it in my head now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom