• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake1028

I know I'm a total Rhymesayers mark, but the new Brother Ali is pretty great.

B009585J7M.01-A17SFUTIVB227Z._SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V389120289_.jpg

Einhander

This is going to be a shot in the dark, but does anyone know if LL Cool J's "The Ripper Strikes Back" -- which is a Canibus diss track -- is available to purchase as a digital track on iTunes or Amazon?

I've been looking for it at both of those places, but no luck so far. I'd really love to play it in my car. It's a wicked song.

Cudder

honestly I feel that ASAP Rocky is gonna do like 40k or some shit. I aint never heard any of his songs on the radio. whoever gave him a 3mil deal is gonna off himself.

zychi

Banned
whats the differnce in kendricks album besides the cover? the deluxe is a few bucks more, but i cant seem to find a difference?

overcast

Kendrick was always better than those other 3. In my senior year of HS I thought Cole was better, but I was 17.. Cole and Krit were both a bit disappointing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick was always better than those other 3. In my senior year of HS I thought Cole was better, but I was 17.. Cole and Krit were both a bit disappointing.
Kendrick has always had more potential, but Cole has dropped more solid releases. Kendrick only has Section80.

Problem with Cole is just he got a bit tiring quickly. Even I don't go back to The Sidelines Story even though I think it was a decent album.

Cudder

you like that huh? ;)

Problem with Cole is just he got a bit tiring quickly. Even I don't go back to The Sidelines Story even though I think it was a decent album.
Same here, I actually liked Sideline Story and bumped it for a while after it dropped, I don't think I've played it once this whole year though.

I listened to KRIT's album once and never again. That shit was weak

:(

Who here actually liked LFTU besides me? I realize it's probably his worst project, but the only negative I can think of are the repetitive chorus'. And even then they still go hard most times.

Yela's album was like half great, half mediocre

It had maybe a couple really solid tracks, but the shit on that album weighs it down like a motherfucker. Like tying a 1 ton anchor to your ankle.

T Dollarz

Cole's album was decent, got a lot of plays last year but I don't think I've gone back to it.

I wasn't feeling KRIT's at first but it really grew on me. I still think it's probably his worst project and the main reason being the repetitive choruses, but to me it was still a success and the best debut of these three artists.

Enter Radioactive, where the first 5 or 6 tracks are awesome and after that everything is Lasers-esque. Haven't gone back to it since last year for sure. Worst of the three.

I really hope Kendrick will have the best debut! I am hopeful!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I liked Live From The Underground, but especially after 4evaNaDay and how damn cohesive that was, it was a slight disappointment. It's a case of, "I can't say it's bad, but meh."

I liked Live From The Underground, but especially after 4evaNaDay and how damn cohesive that was, it was a slight disappointment. It's a case of, "I can't say it's bad, but meh."

nah bruh lemme say it for you. It was rather bad. You can just tell he was handicapped due to samples

And content wise it was the same shit. Ohhh imma hop in my car, it's a time machine! Dis bitch temptin me to creep on my girl, sheeeit. Ayo we need some church in this shit, yo. If you believe you can achieve, young nicca! etc

nah bruh lemme say it for you. It was rather bad. You can just tell he was handicapped due to samples

And content wise it was the same shit. Ohhh imma hop in my car, it's a time machine! Dis bitch temptin me to creep on my girl, sheeeit. Ayo we need some church in this shit, yo. If you believe you can achieve, young nicca! etc

lol

Sideline story was ok, Radioactive had like 3 good songs (unfortunately), LFTU was good but his two previous tapes were better;
Kendrick will deliver though. Even if his sales aren't amazing (im still hoping though...) I think the content will be solid.

On a side note K.Dot's verses on P&P are just so good.
So is Q's on Can I speak to you.

Also on a completely unrelated note does anyone have any clue whatsoever as to when The Achievement by Mickey Factz is supposed to drop or is it the new Detox/Act II?

So smoking again makes Cudi a better artist confirmed?

(although I was okay with WZRD...sooooooo my stan status is also confirmed no matter what...)

heavy laughs due to truth.

I don't care what anyone says about K.R.I.T., Return of 4Eva will always be a god-tier mixtape to me. Love it to death. Subsequent releases are extremely tiring because, like you said, they cover the exact. same. topics.

Trey

I actually can play Sideline Story every now and again. Not the entire thing, mind, but I can see myself revisiting it more often than some of my aoty choices from last year.

I actually can play Sideline Story every now and again. Not the entire thing, mind, but I can see myself revisiting it more often than some of my aoty choices from last year.

Once I actually listened to what he was saying in Lights Please I enjoyed it much more.
Too much corny shit though. In the Morning case in point.

JCole's album was whatever, couple nice tracks, tons of questionable punchlines. It was an average release. Like many said before, he needs harder drum sounds.

Krit's grew on me a bunch, but it was still a let down. It was in the same vein as his other stuff, I think I was just hoping for some evolution.

Yela's was real sad. Even shady records couldn't keep some of those songs from being good. The label that tore apart Joel, Joey, Royce and Crooked all at once couldn't keep Yela down for a whole album. Too bad at least half was down right bad.

Country Cousin could be real nice though.

overcast

Like many said, Cole had a better album than the other 2, but it's tough to go back to it. Yela was straight shit, and Krit was very boring. blended together.

GatorBait

GAF, I was in a short film for a producer who doubles as a drummer for a metal band and triples as a female rapper. She's actually incredibly talented but wanted to get hardcore hip hop GAF's impressions. Yay?

Miny - Double This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PRkUSVRrA&feature=plcp

I actually like her flow better than a lot of the female gimmick rappers who have come through lately. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though because I'm not "hardcore" and I lack hip hop street cred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom